Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

What a shame. Now that the cat is out the bag though, the video was already stunning!

Edited by sparks50

I must applaud Bruce's irony in showcasing the work of one of our skilled team members. That's in contrast to Bruce's submission of a Brit weapons sound pbo that actually contained no sounds. Communication will be key in Project Reality, and we can't very well do that if we're having to run around shouting 'bang bang' instead ....

Worse still is the blatant disregard of a confidentiality agreement. This from a guy pursuing a career in medicine.

A true master of the ironic. But not much else.

Edited by epoch71

Question to the devs: why do you not remove the ammo/mag counter as I noticed in the linked footage?

2 answers for you on that:

1. Server settings had not been set up when we filmed.

2. The video was still deep into post production, what Loose leaked was a very BASIC video that trini posted up for feedback from the Devs.

Edited by Dredge

Question to the devs: why do you not remove the ammo/mag counter as I noticed in the linked footage?

What is that question aimed at? Video editing (answer above) or the actual mod content?

Project Reality - Incident Number 2 from loosebruce

Just to inform you all, it seems as though our friend loosebruce has been in touch with another Mod Team this afternoon too:

(A small snippet of the whole convo)

ok im loosebruce, former R-Con to PR

so you would be interested in a having a wee nosy at our stuff?

He must think Mod Teams do not speak to each other at all :rolleyes:

I am making this public because this is to warn the community that due to this unfortunate number of incidents that have happened, we may have to delay things, while we re assess our situation.

This is in total breach of the NDA he has signed, and hopefully a warning to other add on makers / Mod Teams etc out there - that these things happen :(

Is it obligatory that mod teams always have to have a prize prick on board that cant keep shit to themselves? Hope that bruce's antics don't delay things too much fellas, this mod is the only reason I'm keeping this game installed!

I would like to point out that as a member of the clan he was recently the leader of, we had nothing to do with his actions, nor did we have any idea.

On behalf of MAG I would like to state that we do not agree with his antics and he has now stepped down as executive of the group.

Will the music for this Project Reality be anything similar to the Battlefield 2 version and is there any chance we may hear some of the music there in here? Such as The Promotion, Battle Formation and Heavy Resistance and Predator?

Battle formation was especially great at raising the adrenaline through the course of the song.

For those that wonder why I fawn over this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wu4D04PYCY

The same person/artist who made the latest soundtrack for Project Reality is working on the soundtrack for PR:ArmA2 as we're speaking! I don't know how it sounds like at the moment. But it's probably going to be something in the same genre. :)

Edited by Twonk_Strilo

The same person/artist who made the latest soundtrack for Project Reality is working on the soundtrack for PR:ArmA2 as we're speaking! I don't know how it sounds like at the moment. But it's probably going to be something in the same genre. :)

Depends what genre you mean. If you mean 'awesome', then yes, it sure is :D.

I've heard a "wip" version of it, it sounds very nice. Can't say much more about it, just that I think you won't be dissappointed :).

Is it obligatory that mod teams always have to have a prize prick on board that cant keep shit to themselves?

There's an old saying, "In every bed of roses, there are always a few pricks".

Great I'll definately be looking forward to that, the loading music really did help set the mood nad set you into the environment adn the two artists did a great job with the unique styles, very much looking forward to this.

(fingers crossed for a variation of 'the promotion' for title screen and maybe an extended battle formation)

When can we see the announced September Gameplay Videos? :)

Somewhen in September I'd guess :rolleyes:

When can we see the announced September Gameplay Videos? :)

With the recent "activities", some things have been pushed back a wee bit. However, I am fairly certain that you should see more good stuff very soon. We have been working very hard on PR:ArmA and the work shows. For now though, you will just have to trust me when I say: " New/Great stuff is coming. You just have to be patient for a little longer ;) "

Lol one Idiot and we have to wait longer? That's not fair

Its not just one idiot, you forgot those idiots who think things should be released just so they don't have to wait for it.

Its not just one idiot, you forgot those idiots who think things should be released just so they don't have to wait for it.

what he said

+1 internets for you. :p

I can't hold myself from watch and re-watch videos of PR:BF2

If the same "atmosphere" and "feeling" will move to ArmA's somewhat soul-less (sorry about that..) world..i will personally promote it with every way i can in Greek community.

I can't hold myself from watch and re-watch videos of PR:BF2

If the same "atmosphere" and "feeling" will move to ArmA's somewhat soul-less (sorry about that..) world..i will personally promote it with every way i can in Greek community.

The PR team has done a great job making this "PR". With recent beta tests, I have found myself taken back "This is like the PR I know and love, but its ArmA....ZOMG! *cue exploding head*"

Most anticipated mod of the year...hands down. I hope it brings the game to a new level like ACE2 did.

Chill guys, it's still a first release.... You know... highly anticipated games tend to disappoint... so keep the expectations to a low level....