Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

All looking very good. :)

Will your maps actually be populated entirely by original content, or will they also contain buildings and foliage from OA?

All looking very good. :)

Will your maps actually be populated entirely by original content, or will they also contain buildings and foliage from OA?

Original and OA content;)

Wanted

Project Reality are urgently looking to recruit a Character Artist, to assist the team in creating a Base Model of a PR British Soldier.

What we are trying to create is simply not working with the Arma1 mlods, or basic reskins etc.

For the PvP play, we need our work to be optimised fully, and the current ones we have are just not working as we need.

If anyone thinks they could help out or knows who may be able to I would be more than happy to have a chat with you anytime.

Please drop me a pm anytime

Thanks

-The Project Reality Team

You lot are going into quite some detial to make this awsome. I can't wait to play! :D

Maruk has hinted that new example MLODs could be released in the future. Hopefully it will happen soon. :)

You might want to consider having some buildings with bigger doors and windows, as currently OA really lacks those, as well as avoiding windows that are at a height where IRL you'd be able to fire out of it but in-game you can't because of lack of flexibility. All OA buildings have tight doors and tiny windows (which often are at just the wrong height).

As for finding someone who can make soldier models, as far as I understand that's the most difficult thing to make for Arma 2 (as you've probably already noticed), good luck finding someone.

PR: ArmA2, now has its own theme Music, composed and produced within the team.

Preview to follow.

UK_Force;1747327']PR: ArmA2' date=' now has its own theme Music, composed and produced within the team.

Preview to follow.

.[/quote']

Cool. I wonder what kind of music. Rock? :)

UK_Force;1747327']PR: ArmA2' date=' now has its own theme Music, composed and produced within the team.

Preview to follow.

.[/quote']

There must be METAL \m/ !!!:icon_hm::fones:

These days its important to create and have a music theme for mod's - very important...

are you seriously slamming them for wanting to include theme music?

Edit: Awesome vid loosebruce

Edited by Cotala Studios

Wow, very nice footage. And the music is quite reminiscent of the remagined Battlestar Galactica, which (speaking as someone who owns all the new BSG soundtrack CDs) is a big plus. :D

Edited by Placebo

ZOMG looking great.

Please release ASAP, I beg you PR Team.

(Too bad they chose the Brits to start with though. Not my cup of tea.)

Edited by Placebo

Looks good indeed

ZOMG looking great.

Please release ASAP, I beg you PR Team.

(Too bad they chose the Brits to start with though. Not my cup of tea.)

Love the "please release" posts! I really do.

If they do release in an unfinished state, you would be the first one to bitch about though.

Cup of tea thing: don't like it, you don't need to grab it..

Don't take my post to serious. I can wait till a finished version is released.

There is no need to quote me on the cup of tea thing. The announcement of a PR version of ArmA2 is the reason why I bought this game.

To everyone in the BIS community:

loosebruce, "was" a member of the team, however 2 days ago we decided to withdraw his team status, this was due to a number of reasons, and was done very professionally.

He has now decided to go against the NDA that he signed with Project Reality, and LEAK a video to the whole world, one which has took some time to complete and a lot of hard work ....... also part of a series of Videos to be released.

To reiterate - loosebruce has Leaked our Video, against the NDA he signed

To me this shows an utter lack of disrespect to the Developers of Project Reality, and an absolute lack of professionalism.

Project Reality will have nothing to do with Loosebruce from this moment, and I will now be contacting a few people, on a Legal Stance to ensure we drive this further.

1. You broke your contract / NDA with Project Reality

2. You have stolen work from a professional Video Artist, (trini will be onto his Lawyers too I assure you)

Project Reality NDA - Point 4c

c) Please remember that the confidentiality/non-disclosure clause of this agreement remains in effect following retirement or removal from the team.

As a fellow Brit, I am deeply disapointed in this situation.

I would also be very wary of any other Mod Team thinking of using loosebruce in any future projects ........... its clear to see to the whole of the BIS community you can not be trusted at all.

:(

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1747575']To everyone in the BIS community:

loosebruce' date=' "was" a member of the team, however 2 days ago we decided to withdraw his team status, this was due to a number of reasons, and was done very professionally.

He has now decided to go against the NDA that he signed with Project Reality, and LEAK a video to the whole world, one which has took some time to complete and a lot of hard work ....... also part of a series of Videos to be released.

To reiterate - [b']loosebruce has Leaked our Video, against the NDA he signed[/b]

To me this shows an utter lack of disrespect to the Developers of Project Reality, and an absolute lack of professionalism.

Project Reality will have nothing to do with Loosebruce from this moment, and I will now be contacting a few people, on a Legal Stance to ensure we drive this further.

1. You broke your contract / NDA with Project Reality

2. You have stolen work from a professional Video Artist, (trini will be onto his Lawyers too I assure you)

As a fellow Brit, I am deeply disapointed in this situation.

I would also be very wary of any other Mod Team thinking of using loosebruce in any future projects ........... its clear to see to the whole of the BIS community you can not be trusted at all.

:(

Well, that's a particularly scummy/pathetic/scumtastic/p.o.s thing to do. I hope you can find somebody with some integrity to replace him.

Will the music for this Project Reality be anything similar to the Battlefield 2 version and is there any chance we may hear some of the music there in here? Such as The Promotion, Battle Formation and Heavy Resistance and Predator?

Battle formation was especially great at raising the adrenaline through the course of the song.

For those that wonder why I fawn over this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wu4D04PYCY

Edited by NodUnit

Sure its not a PR trick/stunt? :p;)

Show us some unleaked true ingame working stuff!! What about building destructions, new map, real gameplay (players, AI not pose for camera) etc.

Sadly it is real, and not a trick.

While this is being dealt with, just continue to have patience. The team appreciates the support and feedback, but do please bare in mind that this breach by Bruce will set this back a bit, as not certain needless things will need to occur, so if you want to take out your frustrations...........:)

Now, back on to the serious note, more videos will be coming in the future, as UK_Force has stated a page or so back, and it will be showing all the things you want to see, and much much more. Lets just wait and see huh?.................;)

Darn, he removed it before I could see it. Oh well, he shouldn't have broken his contract. Very un-professional.

..how epic was the video guys?

I can still see it as I loaded the video before it was removed and still have it open, but will lose it when I close my browser or refresh. :p

There wasn't that much too see. The screen that allows you to put markers and ask for a pick up or attack etc... looked nice and there was some footage of a patrol and a gun fight. (Maybe I can still rip/rec it? :p)

Question to the devs: why do you not remove the ammo/mag counter as I noticed in the linked footage?

Interesting too: the infanterie that boarded the chopper didn't seem to take place 'in the back' like the troops in the vanilla game when they are transported, but seemed to be able to walk around in the cargo hold. (They walked out of the heli when it landed).

Edited by dunnobe