Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Everything looks very good ! expect one thing may-be, the island hill's looks a bit flat , On the takistan Map the hills really look huge.

And I've got a question : How will you manage viewdistance in PR ? a fixeed Viewdistance for everyone ? different viewdistance for vehicle and infantry ?

Everything looks very good ! expect one thing may-be, the island hill's looks a bit flat , On the takistan Map the hills really look huge.

I hope the big WIP in red on the screenshots would answer this.. it is simply work in progress. :)

Great stuff [R-DEV]UK_Force! I'm amazed by these screens. I wish you to pull PvP in ArmA to next level.

Arh! Seems our amazing Dr Eyeball is doing your GUI's (probably among other things)

The mans a genius.

Gnat;1726145']Arh! Seems our amazing Dr Eyeball is doing your GUI's (probably among other things)

The mans a genius.

Indeed!

And trini_scourge is a genius when it comes to Vids! :yay:

Whoa,just noticed you have DeanosBeano too! :cool:

I just came and had a peek at this, generally keeping myself spaced away from WIP work on the whole (nine years in the community has taught me I prefer to be surprised by releases rather than deflated by delays)

And I must say this looks fracking bloody brilliant. Nicely done.

Great news UK_Force!

I do have a question about rally points. How are they going to be limited with regards to where they can be dropped? Are we going to see rally points hidden in caves behind enemy lines giving the ability for a constant stream of players to "spawn flank" enemy positions?

In the "squad management" (i thought we'd have sections? :( ) screenshot, i dont see a commander? Are commanders not required? Maybe the platoon structure is not set for v 0.1?

Does the scoreboard screenshot have a total of 50 players or 72? I know they are AI but is this an indication as to the numbers your hoping to get on the servers?

Sorry for all the questions but i am quite excited about this project!

P.S. I've had no response from epoch yet, if the answer is a no then thats fine i'd just like to know.

Whoa,just noticed you have DeanosBeano too! :cool:

Deano is the lead Developer... :)

Cant wait for this mod... had literally hundreds of hours of fun game play with PR:BF2 since 0.09.

If you (pr:arma2 team) show half the passion for expansion in arma2 this should be excellent.

UK_Force;1726109']- PR Dialogs' date=' Menus, HUDs and more[/b']

Work as always goes on with the more technical side of Project Reality, and we have saved this until last, setting it up nicely for the Gameplay Feature next month. This is the section that in essence will be the human interface for our Gameplay. Dialogs, menus and HUD development, will all add a splash of PR to ArmA2 in every way. From simple menus, like the Player Menu and the Interaction Menu to a well thought out multi-level cargo system and of course crisp loading screens, all to polish up the overall PR package.

More importantly however they will allow ease of Squad Management, ability to provide first aid to others and treat yourself with your personal medical supplies, making it easy to request whatever you need and simplicity in joining and leaving squads, they all compliment a mod and assist greatly in playability. We hope this answers some of the questions being asked on the forums at present. This will avail a fresh new way to interact and perform tasks in PR:ArmA2, all kept in a fairly simple and effective style.

hud_bcd_drills_thumb.jpg hud_cr2_thermal_thumb.jpg hud_medical_thumb.jpg

More about how they are used next month.

wow this looks alot like the com rose from pr:bf2, it would be awsome to have this easy to use way for performing different actions, just AWSOME.

UK_Force;1726109']- PR Dialogs' date=' Menus, HUDs and more[/b']

More importantly however they will allow ease of Squad Management, ability to provide first aid to others and treat yourself with your personal medical supplies, making it easy to request whatever you need and simplicity in joining and leaving squads, they all compliment a mod and assist greatly in playability. We hope this answers some of the questions being asked on the forums at present. This will avail a fresh new way to interact and perform tasks in PR:ArmA2, all kept in a fairly simple and effective style.

hud_bcd_drills_thumb.jpg hud_cr2_thermal_thumb.jpg hud_medical_thumb.jpg

More about how they are used next month.

a long time ago i played bf2 reality mod - was one of the first and played it a lot. that was a long time ago and i moved to ofp then arma then arma2. but seeing these hud pictures makes me remember one thing that always stood out - the reality team achieved some bloody cool things. and that hud is in that category. looks awesome and potentially game changing! :yay:

thanks guys look forward to an awesome relase for arma2.

This looks awesome. Great work, guys! Dreyeball, your dialogs are looking amazing. I'm glad to see your skillset coming from Devastation are coming into play.

Keep it up!

P.S. I've had no response from epoch yet, if the answer is a no then thats fine i'd just like to know.

What's this? Have you PM'd me about something?

I'm out of the country at he moment, but I'll be going thru my backlog of PM's when I return to Blighty.

Cheers

-

[R-DEV]epoch

www.realitymod.com

Ya i sent you a PM on the Project Reality Forums on the 18th. Don't worry though, enjoy your holiday!

Just a quick question to sate my curiosity regarding the MTP units (as seen here), is that the camo done by SafteyCatch? I'm afraid I can't quite make it out clearly enough.

Just a quick question to sate my curiosity regarding the MTP units (as seen here), is that the camo done by SafteyCatch? I'm afraid I can't quite make it out clearly enough.

No its been done by us.

UK_Force;1726548']No its been done by us.

Cheers, couldn't tell from the angle.

that last picture is a Challenger right ?

and did you make like destructable walls?

that last picture is a Challenger right ?

and did you make like destructable walls?

Yes, and Yes - we are working on a whole set of destructable objects.

To be honest I'm a bit afraid of the injury system to be too arcadish, like the PR:BF2 and ACE2 injury systems are right now which are also very arcadish and have very little to do with realism. Not that the default BIS system is realistic, but I'm really hoping for PR to not give up realism for the sake of gameplay when it comes to damage and injuries.