Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

they can take another year, i dont care, just as long as its good when it finally comes out. Rather have ArmA2 after 1.05 6 months late than ArmA2 when it was actually released.

Hopefully by then i'll have actually more than a single core! :yay:

Weapons louder than ambient sounds?? I love it and asked for this in Arma2 awhile back.The ambient sounds in Arma2 are like standing in an indoor tropical bird zoo with a windstorm going on around you and then you fire and the weapons are same volume.I play with my headphones at 1/3 volume so that it sounds more real to me but suffer then from low weapons/tanks etc...

Weapons louder than ambient sounds?? I love it and asked for this in Arma2 awhile back.The ambient sounds in Arma2 are like standing in an indoor tropical bird zoo with a windstorm going on around you and then you fire and the weapons are same volume.I play with my headphones at 1/3 volume so that it sounds more real to me but suffer then from low weapons/tanks etc...

As one of the people working on the Ambient sounds you will not be disappointed as we have replaced all the BIS sounds with our own.

Could you guys possibly post a video of say, a beta match? Would be interesting.

Maybe on release, PR team could treat us to reserved PVP Community Vs the PR team :)

Hope the work is progessing well guys

Regards Jeza

PR team could treat us to reserved PVP Community Vs the PR team :)

That seems like some good fun for the future:)

Btw excellent video there rezza

Edited by ebanks129

Maybe on release, PR team could treat us to reserved PVP Community Vs the PR team :)

Hope the work is progessing well guys

Regards Jeza

Great minds eh .... I plan on a showcase match, something like this - close to release yes ...lol.

Beta Match footage - something we are working on for next month when we are doing a special on the Gameplay ;)

Ps. 4th and final Newsreel for August will be due tomorrow morning around 9am GMT.

As one of the people working on the Ambient sounds you will not be disappointed as we have replaced all the BIS sounds with our own.

Ahhhhhh :Dthank you so much and I have no doubts that I will not be disappointed.

Very nice so far. Very good sounds, too. :)

I forgot to mention one thing that was tried in BF2:PR but failed (due engine limitations) and will rock in A2:PR : Night Battles.

Hope PR FX will cover the effects to make night battles something beatiful to watch and fight.

Question: Hows the works with GUIs? :p

I forgot to mention one thing that was tried in BF2:PR but failed (due engine limitations) and will rock in A2:PR : Night Battles.

Hope PR FX will cover the effects to make night battles something beatiful to watch and fight.

Yes you are right, and this too is in hand

Question: Hows the works with GUIs? :p

All to be revealed.

I suggest putting mission date around 10.juli 2010, then you have a nice bright night with big moon.

You can see without nv there too.

Because the night at the standard editor date is without moon and dark like shit.

I have to say that with appropriate settings used (both in terms of weather and in terms of location and equipment availability), night combat with no NV or asymmetric NV availability can be quite interesting.

Arma 2 doesn't let you "just increase brightness/gamma" to get over extremely dark nights, but instead the stuff you're not supposed to be able to see you simply can't see. Sometimes people with dark monitors do need to up their brightness/gamma to see something in a not-too-dark night, but if it's too dark stuff will be completely blacked out and increasing brightness/gamma will only turn them into white blocks rather than let you see anything. Overall the system is not perfect but much better than anything I've seen in other games - The only games I can think of that had night also allowed you to turn the night into day by changing brightness/gamma settings.

I have to say that with appropriate settings used (both in terms of weather and in terms of location and equipment availability), night combat with no NV or asymmetric NV availability can be quite interesting.

Very right it adds another dimesion, very good work on BIS part, hopfully the PR guys can untilize it, which im sure the lads will.

Yeah, add smoke, flares, flashlights, IR Strobes, burning stuff, tracers (which iluminate the surroundings =p ), lasers, lightsticks and you have a whole (quite unexplored) new game inside ArmA. :yay:

And we went offtopic.

Everything above looks like a PR player Deprived of unlimited battle simulation :) but i guess your not a PR player :D

In any case I hope PR would balance their missions around the time of day and conditions for which they are made, rather than go with what a lot of missions do and just give the server admin a parameter option to pick the conditions as he wishes, either greatly hurting the balance or just forcing the mission maker to make the mission balanced for any conditions (aka make it very symmetric). After all you can't balance around bluefor having better NV equipment and then let the admin make it a day mission, or balance it around both sides seeing equally and then let the admin make it a night mission where insurgents can't see jack.

Though maybe this should've went into the PR Arma 2 suggestions forum...

Welcome to Part 4, and what is the final installment of the PR:ArmA2 Highlights Reel specials for August.

pr_highlights_reel_header.jpg

- RAF Chinook

To compliment the Apache and Merlin we have added the Chinook into the mix. This is the work horse of the British Army at the moment, and that will be reflected in PR: ArmA2, giving the British Army a way to move both supplies and men around the battlefield in relative safety. This will complete the current Helicopters for the first release of PR: ArmA2. and will be a vital asset for the British troops on the ground.

chinook_arma1_thumb.jpg chinook_arma3_thumb.jpg chinook_arma2_thumb.jpg

- A new PR Island

[R-CON]ebanks, a recent addition to the team, is now one of the Project Reality Terrain Developers and has been working hard on a second PR Island .....we will let the images speak for themselves! Needless to say, it will be a great area to field some epic future PvP battles. A 20km x 20km Battlefield that is set in the Maidan Wardak Province - Afghanistan. Lots of thick Vegitation in the valley, with Hideouts for the Taliban in the surrounding Mountains, all set to challenge the best of the British Forces. A huge FOB, will also feature on this new Island, allowing the British Forces a safe haven and a place to move out and patrol from.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

- PR: ArmA2 - Online Photo Album

For those of you that still want more, after a weeks worth of updates, we won't let you down either. We have created an online Album, which you can browse through to your hearts content. Feel free to bookmark it and check it every now and again, as we intend to keep this up to date in the future.

- PR Dialogs, Menus, HUDs and more

Work as always goes on with the more technical side of Project Reality, and we have saved this until last, setting it up nicely for the Gameplay Feature next month. This is the section that in essence will be the human interface for our Gameplay. Dialogs, menus and HUD development, will all add a splash of PR to ArmA2 in every way. From simple menus, like the Player Menu and the Interaction Menu to a well thought out multi-level cargo system and of course crisp loading screens, all to polish up the overall PR package.

More importantly however they will allow ease of Squad Management, ability to provide first aid to others and treat yourself with your personal medical supplies, making it easy to request whatever you need and simplicity in joining and leaving squads, they all compliment a mod and assist greatly in playability. We hope this answers some of the questions being asked on the forums at present. This will avail a fresh new way to interact and perform tasks in PR:ArmA2, all kept in a fairly simple and effective style.

More about how they are used next month.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

- Recruiting Scriptors, Texture Artists & Sound Engineers!

The Project Reality Team are still actively recruiting. We are currently seeking Scriptors, Texture Artists & Sound Engineers to bolster these departments. We have had a number of applications already, and we are currently going through these as fast as we can, so please bear with us. Of course if you have any other skill other than those mentioned above but within ArmA2 and would like to help out, please don't hesitate to contact any of the team, or email [R-DEV]UK_Force. Whatever your skill, let us know. We are always recruiting.

So there you have it. The last in a bumper series of Highlights Reels within a short period of time, as you can see a lot is going on within the ArmA2 Dept. We are making great progress as a team, and a lot of this is due to the great community feedback we receive daily. It's the community that makes Project Reality what it is, and we are sure these latest reels will keep you all hyped for a great release.

As a further treat I can tell you that our Video Developer - [R-DEV]trini_scourge is currently working on five productions for next month to highlight and explain in depth PR gameplay, this will be tied in with a full Highlights reel in September purely on Gameplay. For further information please feel free to browse the Project Reality ArmA2 Forums and become more involved. Until next time...

its_coming.jpg

- The Project Reality Team

Edited by Placebo

Amazed, everything looks great, at first I hough that the chinook was the last update and though thats it? But then saw the epicness below :D

Il have to get A2 to play this lol. Looks too damn amazing.

The photo gallery is also a very nice addition.