Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I'm guessing, reloads, belts moving stuff like that. And to answer the questions "..........NICE!"

Hope that helps :)

Man Dredge, I see you everywhere...

OnT: This looks so good, I hope it's coming out how you guys planned.

Just see how much passion and enthusiasm the PR team put into their project.

I bet this will come out even better like they planned it. ;)

what do you mean by 'weapon animations'?

If I was to hazard a guess, I would say he meant weapon specific loading and handling animations.

I think that, like he said, overall sound will be toned down rather than blasting your ears up with gunfire sounds.

I'm sure they will, but there’s a difference in making the sound "louder" or "softer" and the actual acoustic signature that a high velocity round makes.

Don't get me wrong I love realism, so if they accurately model the sound so that your ears bleed every time you shoot ( figuratively speaking ) unless you wear a piece of kit called "ear defenders" or "ear plugs" ( or an option to double plug for that matter ). Then that’s fine.

What I don’t want is every time you fire its simulating firing a weapon without any ear protection.

( Lets not even go down the road of the effects of perceptual distortion and what you may or may not register in an engagement... ;) )

Edited by Ratcatcher722

I hope they make it where the ears dont become distaughted, YEs adding Ear plugs is great for the realism of it.

Now im not saying PR isnt going to be realistic. But the way that ACE do it, its quite fiddily.

They could do earplugs like ACE has..

ACE earplugs are one of the most annoying things. Not only you get ear ringing based on weapon used and not so much based on noise (say, 30 rounds fired from an M249 makes your ears bleed while 30 rounds from a SCAR or M4 don't really have any effect), but also there is absolutely no reason *not* to wear earplugs, unlike RL where there are many reasons not to wear earplugs.

I'm not against earplugs as a concept, but the ACE implementation isn't exactly doing it right.

lol, don't worry guys you won't need ear plugs ...maybe my wording could have been better I suppose.

In balance we merely want to ensure that the sounds of weapons, engines, general military stuff, is louder than its surroundings, ie a CR2 is actually louder than a local takistani truck.

That a rifle firing will actually be louder than a car horn, you get what I mean ;)

sorry to be this guy but will it be out before the new B.A addon for Arma 2 Aorrow head?

Ugh, what do you think, baf will be released in a week... And in the new press release they said their redoing lots of things to fit oa and then new sounds will take a lot of time to do to...

sorry to be this guy but will it be out before the new B.A addon for Arma 2 Aorrow head?

B.A addon?

B.A addon?

British Army. He's talking about the British Armed Forces DLC.

As much as i know, the british dlc troops will not going to be used in pr.

Why would they? They created their own for PR. ;)

You've answered a non-existent question there, mate.

UK_Force;1724707']lol' date=' don't worry guys you won't need ear plugs ...maybe my wording could have been better I suppose.

That a rifle firing will actually be louder than a car horn, you get what I mean ;)[/quote']

Thanks for clarifying, my ears breath a sigh of relief...well, you know what i mean...;)

A PR FX is going to happen yes.

I dont think we willsee v0.1 until around October time if I am honest ..... we don't and wouldn't want to clash with BAF DLC anyway, and like to time releases that do not interfere with others work :)

I dont think we willsee v0.1 until around October time if I am honest .....

Should just point out that it DOES NOT mean that it will be released in October, so don't get too hyped about that post. :P

Well from the sound of his post he means later which is dissapointing but oh well... good things take time. :)

they can take another year, i dont care, just as long as its good when it finally comes out. Rather have ArmA2 after 1.05 6 months late than ArmA2 when it was actually released.