Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Many PR Players already own ArmA and play Arma, most dislike it due to lack of a solid PvP (enter PR).

Many PR:BF2 players are suspicious of ArmA players as well if you want to play that game.

I will like to see how they will handle more sides (BLU,RED,Civ,Ins),multiple armies per side (done in BF2, but...), new squad systems, new class systems, nice looking models, new shaders and finally a proper recoil\ballistic engine. :yay:

Just hope to not have to deal with PRfanatics as I did in BF2...

Epic Fail!
Very mature..

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Many PR Players already own ArmA and play Arma, most dislike it due to lack of a solid PvP (enter PR).

Many PR:BF2 players are suspicious of ArmA players as well if you want to play that game.

Then the feelings are mutual on my part.

No more like dilute the community.

The last time I checked this community was more watered down than a Bud Lite.

I am sure an influx of PR ArmA2:OA players will refresh the stagnating ArmA community.

I am sure an influx of PR ArmA2:OA players will refresh the stagnating ArmA community.

If you say so.. I personally believe it'll water it down even more, but that remains to be seen.

The diversity of this community never ceases to amaze me. :)

I don't like zombie games - just don't see them as fun. But, I know people who love them. Doesn't mean I think they'll fail. Same with the RPG type things like Chernarus Life. Lotsa people like them.

Heck, I'm even surprised when people like my own humble mods. :D More often than not I expect them to fail, but people use them.

I tend to make things that I like, and that I want to see in the sim, then share them. If others like them, then great! But success for me is measured more by what *I* get out of it than what others do.

I believe it is the same way with PR. Kinda a "Build it, and they will come" sentiment.

:)

I can't really see PR being anything other than a big hit with the majority of the community.

Although I'm personally not a big fan of PvP, you have to admire and respect all their hard work. The WIP reports that they have released clearly show a quality "add-on".

I don't see how this could have a negative effect on the game's fan-base.

Refresh? More like kill off the last big fish. If PR is going to bring over a thousand new players, I hope like hell that they stay on the PR servers. I've seen how BF2 and "BF2:PR" players act like on servers. No f*cking thank you.

The diversity of this community never ceases to amaze me. :)

I don't like zombie games - just don't see them as fun. But, I know people who love them. Doesn't mean I think they'll fail. Same with the RPG type things like Chernarus Life. Lotsa people like them.

Heck, I'm even surprised when people like my own humble mods. :D More often than not I expect them to fail, but people use them.

I tend to make things that I like, and that I want to see in the sim, then share them. If others like them, then great! But success for me is measured more by what *I* get out of it than what others do.

I believe it is the same way with PR. Kinda a "Build it, and they will come" sentiment.

:)

Very well said.

To this day, the PR community never ceases to blow me away. Never has there been a game where a convergence of complete strangers can join a squad and play like they've been long term clan members. Merging game mechanics and a philosophy of game design into something that has never been accomplished in an FPS public game server is what sets PR apart from anything else. Those that don't have a team-work mindset will probably never 'get it'. To those that do, you're in for a hell of a good time.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most epoch event that has ever come to any FPS. Public PvP game play with ARMA needs a shot in the arm; a big-assed booster shot of PR lovin'.

SpockWin.jpg

Im an active PR:BF2 Player and im also part of a sucessfull ArmA 2 unit, i dont understand the hostility between the two groups of players, ArmA 2 players can bring somthing to the PR players and PR players can bring somthing to the ArmA 2 lot. its called an open mind, that seems to be lost on most members of this comunity, im just glad that the PR comunity isnt the same.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm extremely suspicious of BF2 players PR or no PR.

I and many, MANY, other influential addon makers from the OFP days are/were BF2 players. Did we ruin OFP?

You people need to get off your high horses and appreciate not only the cool new shit PR will bring, but the new players it will bring too. Public PR servers are far and away better than public arma servers. Players just seem to "get it". I cant see how having more of them in the community is a bad thing?

Why so much hate? Ive seen more than enough mature teamplay in pr. That's with strangers. It's not what it completely seems just because the battlefield name. I came from that before arma and I am a very single player type person when it comes to this but sometimes pvp is damn fun.

Refresh? More like kill off the last big fish. If PR is going to bring over a thousand new players, I hope like hell that they stay on the PR servers. I've seen how BF2 and "BF2:PR" players act like on servers. No f*cking thank you.

Great to have you back and sharing progress PR. Please take no notice of the barking dogs.

Cheers pal, I couldn't help it - sometimes you need a bit anarchy and chaos to shake a place up ... ;)

Nervous posts, *edited* posts in the heat of the moment, can't type fast enough to get a post on the forums .... love it - its as if PR is the devils game, and the preachers are out to stop it :D

This mod is full of win. cant wait to use these units in coop, will the wall breaching thing be possible on OA maps with the walls there?

UK_Force;1721881']Cheers pal' date=' I couldn't help it - sometimes you need a bit anarchy and chaos to shake a place up ... ;)

Nervous posts, *edited* posts in the heat of the moment, can't type fast enough to get a post on the forums .... love it - its as if PR is the devils game, and the preachers are out to stop it :D[/quote']

Nah, not just PR, but just about anything someone posts will get at least some kind of minimal hate. You just need to live with it and separate what you consider as true concerns from simple meaningless "OMG XXX is gonna ruin Arma 2 by bringing YYY that will ruin realism/immersion/teamwork!"

To this day, the PR community never ceases to blow me away. Never has there been a game where a convergence of complete strangers can join a squad and play like they've been long term clan members. Merging game mechanics and a philosophy of game design into something that has never been accomplished in an FPS public game server is what sets PR apart from anything else. Those that don't have a team-work mindset will probably never 'get it'. To those that do, you're in for a hell of a good time.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the most epoch event that has ever come to any FPS. Public PvP game play with ARMA needs a shot in the arm; a big-assed booster shot of PR lovin'.

Well said that man !! Spot on there mate :)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I personally think if PvP is all they're going to go for then it's doomed to fail at the most and at the very least not have a very big following. PR doesn't have to be just PvP it can be coop as well.

PR already has a very big following , if your into milsims you should know this :confused:

Been living under a rock or something lol ;)

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Isn't it better to wait till PR is released? Some people sound like those DR/RR preachers and some sound like hypercritics.

Of course it would be great if PR would make somekind of modular PR Mod - eg PR Core, PR islands, PR sounds, PR weapons & vehicles... so all people can enjoy whatever they need to have fun with A2CO and PR. Wishful thinking I guess. :sad:

God there's a lot of arrogant , self centered people playing ArmA2 judging by some of the comments in here.:mad: It amazes me that the PR DEV team even bothers posting considering the amount of negativity (though the positive comments are appreciated I'm sure).

I am sick and tired of hearing about the "BF2 kiddies". I've played BF2 and PR:BF2 and can assure you that these so called "kiddies" are dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Kiddies abound in every damn game from L4D to ArmA2 and if you think there aren't a throng of immature "kiddies" playing ArmA2 then you are totally disillusion.Look at the state of PvP right now. So little teamwork you may as well find an empty server and join.

Check out the PR forums if you want mature discussions.

God there's a lot of arrogant , self centered people playing ArmA2 judging by some of the comments in here.:mad: It amazes me that the PR DEV team even bothers posting considering the amount of negativity (though the positive comments are appreciated I'm sure).

I am sick and tired of hearing about the "BF2 kiddies". I've played BF2 and PR:BF2 and can assure you that these so called "kiddies" are dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Kiddies abound in every damn game from L4D to ArmA2 and if you think there aren't a throng of immature "kiddies" playing ArmA2 then you are totally disillusion.Look at the state of PvP right now. So little teamwork you may as well find an empty server and join.

But but.. they're gonna take our jobs..

Anywho, I am looking forward to PR. Will be nice to branch my mission making out into the PvP world. NOW! Continue your work PR! I want a release by tomorow!

or which ever time pleases you the most :P

The PR forums are probably the last place you should go for mature discussion. The mature voices are outweighed by a huge amount of sycophantic, fan boys. That said, on the topic of PR, I am looking forward to seeing Insurgency in ArmA 2.

ive done with "discussing" with Big Mac, Darkhorse and Gnat.

Im not a DEV , just a tester but if any other ArmA players want to ask any questions on PR's current mechanics, community etc then please do.

The PR forums are probably the last place you should go for mature discussion. The mature voices are outweighed by a huge amount of sycophantic, fan boys. That said, on the topic of PR, I am looking forward to seeing Insurgency in ArmA 2.

Problem with player/players on the forum? report to mods and they will be swiftly delt with.

Edited by gazzthompson

Im not a DEV , just a tester but if any other ArmA players want to ask any questions on PR's current mechanics, community etc then please do.

I've never played PR:BF2, but I've watched some gameplay footage and I've often been impressed with the amount of teamwork and maturity of players. How will that style of playing be enforced on players in PR:ArmA2?

What will stop them from playing as lone wolves, taking choppers on kamikaze missions etc. other than just admin control over such people?