Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

PRs roots have always been PvP, hence why the DEVs have stuck with the ageing bf2 engine for so long :icon_lol:

PvP is certainly my fav, mostly due to the fact that I can get on and play as much or as little as i like.

If you reside near Aus check the OGN servers Wednesday or Friday nights

Insurgency

A very interesting gamemode. In most cases, this gamemode features coalition forces vs "insurgents". The insurgents (like taliban in this case) have hidden weapons caches they need to defend. The coalition forces have to find out where the caches are hidden. They receive intel about cache locations, but intel can only provide a rough estimate of where the cache will be, so you have to search for it. Once you find it, destroy it. Coalition forces have to destroy a number of caches to "win the round".

The best way for Insurgents to prevent the coalition forces from finding and destroying weapon caches, is to make use of ambushes, buried mines, IED's, tripwire, molotovs, bomb cars and devestating bomb trucks. Going head on with coalition forces often is not a very good idea.

Wow... this alone has me really hyped for PR. :bounce3:

Mr Banana too... :yay:

Look how happy he is!

Keep up the great work guys loved bf2 pr Insurgency it was the bomb best pvp game mode ever.I would still be playing it but the bf2 engine is too old. cant wait for this mod

Edited by MATCHY

Rezza;1721100']I also noticed that there aren't many populated PvP servers' date=' i saw one i think and that was Warfare.[/quote']

PvP servers are there, and used. Likely outside your ping, and in different timezones, as Pathetic Berserker has suggested ;)

Rezza;1721100']14 vs 14 considering that we have a big map and a large AO.Its kind of not enough.It was the closest system to PR that I've seen so far though.

Well, its ArmA, not "mainstream" BF where every nob plays.

Wow didn't see that server is it on OA or ArmA 2

I am looking forward for the gameplay videos UK :)

Edited by [10th] Rezza

Gnat;1721274']PvP servers are there' date=' and used. Likely outside your ping, and in different timezones, as Pathetic Berserker has suggested ;)

[/quote']

But thats not pr gameplay with forced teamwork, thats the current pvp modes where no teamwork is needed (i dont said there is no teamwork at all, i mean in pr you have to work as team)

Gnat;1721274']

Well' date=' its ArmA, not "mainstream" BF where every nob plays.[/quote']

Its mainstream arma pvp atm, like mainstream battlefield 2 vanilla pvp.

Both are not so good.

PR isnt anymore bf2, its a diffrent game. Try it and then complain.

noone wants to port the shitty bf2 engine limitations or arcade features to arma.

They want port the project reality gameplay to arma.

And if they make it good then its a really huge present for the whole community!!!!

PR isnt anymore bf2, its a diffrent game.[/Quote]

This is one of the points that many people who respond negatively about PR are missing out.

Edited by [10th] Rezza

Rezza;1721560']PR isnt anymore bf2' date=' its a diffrent game. Try it and then complain.[/quote']

WTF! ..... a bunch of you here have gone into "defensive" mode. Who is complaining about PR's PvP style ? Huh?

I think a few people just wanted to know what mission types you were looking at.

As well as playing other games, the long time OFP/ArmA/ArmAII/OA players here have seen dozens

(DM, CTF, C&H, CTI, SC, TvT, Battlefield, Domination, AAS, Devastation etc)

of specific gameplay modes rolled into this BIS ultimate open sandbox, along with literally 1000's of actual missions released.

We're not all wet between the ears.

Gnat;1721639']WTF! ..... a bunch of you here have gone into "defensive" mode. Who is complaining about PR's PvP style ? Huh?

I think a few people just wanted to know what mission types you were looking at.

As well as playing other games' date=' the long time OFP/ArmA/ArmAII/OA players here have seen dozens

(DM, CTF, C&H, CTI, SC, TvT, Battlefield, Domination, AAS, Devastation etc)

of specific gameplay modes rolled into this BIS ultimate open sandbox, along with literally 1000's of actual missions released.

We're not all wet between the ears.[/quote']I personally think if PvP is all they're going to go for then it's doomed to fail at the most and at the very least not have a very big following. PR doesn't have to be just PvP it can be coop as well.

There will be no official coop support.
And that is why they'll fail. They're treating ArmA2 as if it were BF2..

what about treating ArmA 2 as PR? :)
PR should treat ArmA2 as ArmA2

We treat Project Reality for ARMA 2 as a PvP mod for ARMA 2. I don't see anything wrong with that approach.

Actually i'm looking forward to some structured, "realistic" PvP. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. You can use any old mod for co-op, PvP takes a bit more finesse to get right.

I don't understand people asking for coop. It's like you'd go to the AAS thread and tell them that they will fail if their server doesn't run coop missions. It's a ridiculous statement.

In any case, it seems like nobody will be preventing you from making COOP missions using PR's british forces or anything.

And that is why they'll fail. They're treating ArmA2 as if it were BF2..

i dont think it can fail more than any other mod fails at big playernumbers.

i know pr for many years and im sure that many players who will play pr:arma2 will be ppl who will buy arma2 oa just for playing pr with a better engine than bf2 ;)

hundreds if not thousands of new players will flood arma2 just to play pr.

imho pr will be not so dependent for players from the already existing arma community but most will come from the already existing pr community wich uses the bf2 engine at the moment.

as some1 who started with ofp im pretty sure that pr is the key element wich was allways missing in all those years for public tvt mp in arma.

organised tvt WITHOUT beeing forced to be in a clan or in a closed community just beeing forced to be a teamplayer.

if it works like in bf2 u can just connect randomly to any populated public pr server and play like in a organised tournament or clan community.

my bet is: pr:arma2 will be a great success for the pr community wich numbers are in the thousands and alot arma players will adopt and love pr just like they do right now with arma2 :)

There already is a poll over on the PR forums asking if people own ArmA2 just because of PR coming to it. Roughly 50% of respondents either bought ArmA2 for PR or intend to buy ArmA2 for PR.

And horror1 makes a valid point about existing PR:BF2 players moving to PR:ArmA2 for the expanded capabilities of ArmA2 over BF2.

I don't see it failing at all..in fact IMO it has the potential to greatly increase the player counts.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm extremely suspicious of BF2 players PR or no PR.

Suspicious? What are we going to do ?

Rob a bank?

Suspicious? What are we going to do ?

Rob a bank?

No more like dilute the community.