Sign in to follow this  
ViV

The picture in the Menu

Sup..

when you enter " Singleplayer - Scenarios " And then pick my mission... how do I get my picture at the right side, just above the play buttom?

I don't understand the html format m8. Could you explain it for me?

Did you read the link? :confused:

It's a step by step description for how to make an overview.html and even includes an example you can copy straight from the page, just change the text.

Still don't get it... I don't know what i should paste the example into..

Ok you need two things.

1. A short description of your mission. One or two sentences at most.

2. An image you want to use, sized 512x256.

Post them here and I'll whip up your overview for you. :)

40074992.jpg

Operation Sandtiger

- this is it m8 :)

Sorry for the delay, work got in the way. :) Download these files and put them in your missions folder and it'll end up looking like this:

sandtigerpreview.jpg

Hmmm.. can't get it to work m8 :S

You copied those two files, overview.html and overview_sandtiger.paa, into your My Docs\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\ViV\missions\sandtiger.takistan folder then opened the mission in the Editor and selected Save -> Save to single player missions then Exited the Editor clicked on Scenarios and clicked on your Operation Sandtiger mission and didn't see that image?

I see on the missions forum that this is an 8 man multiplayer mission. overview.html and it's picture only apply to Single Player missions, you won't see anything in Multiplayer.

Edited by kylania

Hey Kylania, how does one save as .paa? I use jpg and it doesn't appear to look as good as pictures using .paa format.

I used TexView 2.

If your image needs transparency, first save it as a Targa file with whatever Alpha Channel (32bit) you want.

Then open the Targa (or JPG if you don't need any transparency) in TexView and simply save it as a .paa file.

Edited by kylania

Its not an multiplayer map m8 :)

overview.html

If you wanted a snazzy black border around your picture like the default missions I have a OverviewBorder selection for Photoshop CS5 you can use.

kylania, hi... ...What's the best way to use your OverviewBorder (in PS)?

CyOp, well, it's basically just the 512x256 outline BIS used for their Single Player missions in OA. Load it as a channel in your Overview image, select it, inverse and reselect to you have just the "outside" and delete that, then inverse the selection again and color it black to give yourself a transparent "outside", then black border, then your picture inside.

I'll whip up a little video showing this. :)

I had to dig up an old PS disk. Been awhile since I used PS. I got the pic shape right, but am working on the transparent background. Also, I lost the border in the process. Heh.

Thanks, I was waiting for this. I made my pic with border, but I guess I got impatient and made the border 'cut corners' off a little, from the BIS border.

Nice tutorial kylania !

Any way to get this effect (the shape of the image and the black border just like the original BIS stuff) without Photoshop, maybe with Pain.NET ?

The same basic steps and files will work with GIMP 2.0 also, which is a free graphics program.

kylania,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's pertinent to the conversation. I'm trying to save a .jpg as a .paa using TexView2 but when I try to open the .jpg I get an error:

Error loading file 'C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\pic.jpg'.

Is there something I need to do to the .jpg before I try to open it in TexView2?

Thanks for that tutorial. I never would've figured that out. And for your website. That is a fantastic resource.

Thanks again bud!