Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Mk18 pack 1.1 for OA / CO

Does anyone have a replacement addon for this Mk18?

Because I did find one here (Lao Fei Mao's RH Mk18 Pack) but it doesn't seem to work.

My guess is that it worked with v1.0 but stopped working when the pack was updated to v1.11.

In my opinion this is the best weapon pack available. I use it very often for special forces. Is there any chance to get the IR Laser work together with the flashlight via script or something? I know it was possible in an other weapons pack. Would like to see that in this one. Thumbs up!

Firstly

AWESOME pack Robert H.

Thanks

Question for those that know

What is an MK18?

It looks like a CQB M4.

I googled it but didn't get a really CLEAR answer.

The pack I tested out last night is awesome.

I love the M39 Enhance Marksmen Rifle.

Last question. is there any reason I should not use these with ACE2?

They seem to work perfect. But I noticed a few of your (okay more then a few) already in ACE2.

Lastuslustus

I read (I don't have the link sorry)that it is an either or issue with the game engine.

So it is either Flashlight or Laser.

Edited by Styxx42
Finishing the thought

1. Mk18 is US Navy designation for complete weapon.

US Army uses only upper receiver with 10.5" barrell with their existing M4A1s lowers.

2. No, there are no such reasons afaik. It works very well for me and lots of other ppl.

Edited by Max255[PL]

Has anyone had any issues trying to get RH_mk18dcglaeot to work, I keep getting an error message saying it doesn't exist?

Has anyone had any issues trying to get RH_mk18dcglaeot to work, I keep getting an error message saying it doesn't exist?

its a old typo sry about that , its RH_mk18dcgleot

Thanks for the info, BTW your work is awesome really enjoying using the packs in game. What are you currently working on?

Say I want to start a mission with this..it does not want to let me AddWeapon. I put this in the init: this Addweapon "RH_mk18dcgleot" or any gun of that sort, i just get an error. But if I lay the Empty MK18 box on the ground I can get it?

Are there any "accuracy" issues with this mod? I would highly doubt it as all of RH mods are fantastic......but I thought I was reading recently where some were suspecting accuracy issues?

Anyone notice this?

Is there any particular reason why i get a no entry found cfgweapons when loading this pack on the editor?

Edit later in the day:

Found the reason why i got that error. Turns out when i was creating the addweapon and magazine cargo inits for my ammo boxes, i accidentaly created something like this: this addweaponcargo ["",10]; , which basicaly means it was looking for a weapon with no name :P but its ok now.

Edited by Evil_Brownie
needed an update

Is this normal? I installed this mod - In one of my already created missions...I placed the RHMK18 Ammo Box. Play tested some. Then decided to disable RHMK18 Mod (this is after removing the RHMK18 Ammo box from the map). Yet, now the mission will not load (with an error that RHMK18 must be used??).

Also, I noticed when using RHMK18. My guys did not have access to their smoke gernades. Within the "F" weapons cycle....Gernandes was not there any longer (even though I had several within my Gear).

Open mission.sqm file. Look for any RH dependancies (any line with "RH" in it, should be relatively at the start of the file). Delete them. Save file.

Open mission in editor.

If you get no errors, save mission and play.

If you get errors, it means you still haven't removed something from the mission that requires RH. You will have to edit the mission to no longer use anything from RH, either by running the game with RH running and editing in the editor or by editing the sqm file (if you know how to do that).

What is an MK18?

It looks like a CQB M4.

"Carbine, 5.56MM MK 18 MOD 0," or the "MK 18 Carbine" or "MK 18 MOD 0 Carbine," to be exact. ;) (Supposedly some MK 18s use M16A1 lowers.) Note that it's not just SEALs, but also VBSS (Visit, Board, Search, Seizure) teams, EOD and other maritime units that have been issued and are using this or similar weapons. I've never seen modern-day US Army use these, except for Army Special Forces who may be using this or their own "cut down M4s," aka subcompact carbines/weapons, or subcarbines, or short-barreled rifles (SBR, mainly referring to civilian ARs of similar length). To my knowledge, the Navy's version is the only one with a publicly-known designation.

The most common configuration I've seen has been with the Aimpoint CompM2 (amusingly under the name "Enhanced Combat Optical Sight-Navy," ECOS-N), AN/PEQ-2 on the top rail, vertical foregrip on the bottom rail, and the SOPMOD/"Crane" stock.

Would love to see things adjusted so that Lao Fei Mao's replacement pack would work with this again.

By the way, RH... if you decide to import/remake this for ARMA 3, I'd recommend finding out how well ARMA 3 does CQB first, because otherwise there'd be little reason to use these, just like there seems to be in ARMA 2. :(

Would love to see things adjusted so that Lao Fei Mao's replacement pack would work with this again.

I thoroughly second that motion.

snip

By the way, RH... if you decide to import/remake this for ARMA 3, I'd recommend finding out how well ARMA 3 does CQB first, because otherwise there'd be little reason to use these, just like there seems to be in ARMA 2. :(

Except they just look badass cool

hey thank you very much for creating this add on but how do you get the torch to work at night? the lasers work fine with the 'L' button but how do you toggle the torch to come on as well? Cheers

You can't. Due to limitations in the ArmA engine a weapon can only have either a flashlight or a laser, not both. Models that include both are just for decoration.

You can't. Due to limitations in the ArmA engine a weapon can only have either a flashlight or a laser, not both. Models that include both are just for decoration.

ah ok thanks for the reply. Thats a shame hopefully though when arma 3 comes out everything will be possible!!!! :D

would it be possible to bring out an update so the weapons have only a torch that works as that would be great!!

We got around that limitation in ACE, also if you try Robert's MGS pack with my configs you can switch between IR and flashlight ;)

We got around that limitation in ACE, also if you try Robert's MGS pack with my configs you can switch between IR and flashlight ;)

Woah woah woah, since when? Been wanting this ability for ages and its been around without me noticing? :eek:

Woah woah woah, since when? Been wanting this ability for ages and its been around without me noticing? :eek:

Since last ACE update (1.10 update2). ALT + L default (changeable in settings).

I don't remember if the models in this pack had both the IR and FL memory points, if true then I could add that feature for this pack too with some new configs (with ACE).

Edited by Robalo_AS

I don't remember if the models in this pack had both the IR and FL memory points, if true then I could add that feature for this pack too with some new configs (with ACE).

Those Mk18's have both the IR and FL memory points - so if you like you can create special ACE config ;)

Edited by RobertHammer

Didn't the UKF weapons had working flashlight and laser as well? If I remember, its Shift+L.

About time, thanks for the info, had no idea.