Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Mk18 pack 1.1 for OA / CO

RH,

I had a chance to play around with this a bit more and there is some very cool stuff here. A comment:

On the M14s, the ACOGs would not be usable that far forward. They should be mounted like the Shortdots and other scopes, i.e. on a receiver rail or a continuous rail like the Knights Armament Co. M14 RIS. Eye relief for 4x ACOGs is, I believe, 1-2 inches.

And a couple questions:

1. Any chance that the newer, sharper EOTech reticle introduced in OA could be used?

2. Is the increased dispersion seen on your suppressed rifles do to anything in your mod, or is it just the BIS ammo? Suppressors/silencers should not increase dispersion (i.e. reduce accuracy).

Edited by akd42

This is awesome, Robert. I exclusively use your weapon packs in my editor. And the camo reskins was a highly awaited addition. If there is one thing I think all your weapon packs is missing, it is camoed up versions! So tis is great! Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Robert,

I had a low profile gas block as opposed to the normal Foresight front end and I got a good deal on the HK Diopter ones ;)

Were you running it "DI" or with a piston/op-rod? I've always favored the "no right triangle front sight" look myself, but for some reason I was under the impression that those were always on piston ARs, and was not aware that a "low profile gas block" option existed for direct gas impingement ARs.
I like to ,but theres no 3D model of Daniel Defense rails yet
There's several photos of the DD rails out there, I believe, unless you need a completed DD rail first?

Looks-wise, I'd want a variant using the ARMS Selective Interface Rail (S.I.R.). :P Their distinct feature is probably the "bulge" from the shorter bottom rail, and the Modern Warfare 2 M4A1 uses a S.I.R. system with two dust covers per side rail, something like 58M-CV%20MOD"]this. (The Barrett M468 used a 50M"]bi-level" S.I.R. with the 12 o'clock handguard rail 58M"]slightly lower than the 12 o'clock optic rail, this becoming the thing's visual "signature," but its successor the REC7 uses a Daniel Defense rail.)

Eye relief for 4x ACOGs is, I believe, 1-2 inches.

Yeah, 3.9cm on the one I was using IRL, IIRC.

Anyway, something the game really does lack is more weapons with night scopes, so those would definitely be a great addition.

Cool mod. Particularly enjoy the desert skins. Two comments.

1. The IR laser does disrupt sight picture, particularly ironsights.

2. Eotechs seem to be the old model -- not the excellent new one from the SMG package.

-k

Fantastic job, once again! Congrats to RobertHammer and the modders he works with to make it all possible! Twinkie Masta, SoulSlayer, B0T and El Maestro De Graffiti, Thanez, Likon, Sabre, Patrick Svensson, Yossarian, Syncing, Boba Fett, TheLama, flamshmizer, Q1184, The Noid, Solus, Norrin, Rocko, NonWonderDog and Fincuan! All of you guys have really created fantastic looking, sounding, moving and shooting weapons.

Cool mod. Particularly enjoy the desert skins. Two comments.

1. The IR laser does disrupt sight picture, particularly ironsights.

2. Eotechs seem to be the old model -- not the excellent new one from the SMG package.

-k

1. Thats like in IRL ,so :p

2. It's the same Eotech 551 , what i used in SMG pack :D

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

Great work, i use all of your weapons pack, but i must say i enjoy the MK.14 EBRs the most : )

Any plans to put nightscopes on your weapons ?

Nightscopes maybe in the future :p

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

Looks-wise, I'd want a variant using the ARMS Selective Interface Rail (S.I.R.). :P Their distinct feature is probably the "bulge" from the shorter bottom rail, and the Modern Warfare 2 M4A1 uses a S.I.R. system with two dust covers per side rail, something like 58M-CV%20MOD"]this. (The Barrett M468 used a 50M"]bi-level" S.I.R. with the 12 o'clock handguard rail 58M"]slightly lower than the 12 o'clock optic rail, this becoming the thing's visual "signature," but its successor the REC7 uses a Daniel Defense rail.)

I know there are photos :D , but i meaned the Daniel Defense RIS II rails /shame no 3D models yet/

btw in MGS pack there are few versions M4 with big SIRS :)

Hey great mod Robert, really like the weapons!!

I'm a bit noobish when it comes to the editor, and wondered if there was a page with a few quick references to quickly custom outfit units, trying to have a couple of German SpecOps take names with rocket launchers and your rifles. Would be awesome great to find a list of custom armaments I can paste into the init section.

RobertHammer Please update Russian weapons pack.

Yes , it will be - but still alot to do with Mgs pack , pistol pack etc

I noticed that the Eotech is still using the old Arma2 graphic for the sight (blocky hologram). The Aimpoint is corrected (as someone mentioned) w/ the OA graphic. Any chance of a fix?

Otherwise, thanks for the update. Appreciate your contributions to the game.

I noticed that the Eotech is still using the old Arma2 graphic for the sight (blocky hologram). The Aimpoint is corrected (as someone mentioned) w/ the OA graphic. Any chance of a fix?

Otherwise, thanks for the update. Appreciate your contributions to the game.

You mean like on BIS SCAR`s?

Edited by Raison

I'm not sure what you mean, so...

On the MK18, when using the Eotech, the hologram (circle w/ a dot and four ticks) is the fat, ugly AmrA2 one and not the smoother OA one that's on the BIS SCARs. It's a small issue, and certainly something I can live with, but just wanted to give some feedback.

Yes, SCARs with "Holo" in the name. Two of the new G36s have the improved Eotech also (and a couple in the BAF add-on as well). Unfortunately, I don't think these are available to RH for use yet.

I accidently postd this in the HK thread and I meant for it here:

"Great, I meant to say if you were going to have a mixture of those lasers in order to have more variety. I absolutely love the mk18, but I would like for my units to have as many different setups as possible (like having a mk18 with a peq15 on the side rail, forgrip with intergrated tac light, and eotech, while others may have a peq2, forgrip, and the tac light on the side rail)."

Hey Robert, do you plan on making the Mk18 Mod0 pack with some camo paintjobs? Also, would liek to ask if you have any plans on making the new Mk18 Mod1 (Block2) and SOPMOD2 rifles? Cheers

Hey Robert, do you plan on making the Mk18 Mod0 pack with some camo paintjobs? Also, would liek to ask if you have any plans on making the new Mk18 Mod1 (Block2) and SOPMOD2 rifles? Cheers

Hmm , i think the desert and tan version are enough .

About RISII - i like to add Mod 1 versions ,but i have no RISII models :(

Maybe in the future there will be and then i will add them.

Oh ok, but you mentioned desert camos, where can I find those? I guess I must have skipped them?

Oh ok, but you mentioned desert camos, where can I find those? I guess I must have skipped them?

download the latest pack (1.1) and pick the ammo crate in the editor and you will find some ;)