Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

Generic Special Forces

If I use one small part of a BIS ArmA2:OA Texture on these. Like molle straps... May I release it for CO/ARMA2 Only or do I have to release it for ARMA2:OA only?

From what I understand... Backwardsporting is not allowed. Atleast for models... What about textures?

...Edit: And I really could use some help with a skull ski mask. For mr. Ghost.

And once more edit. Ok, so the units wear the PACA Low vis and Eagle H harness. You also wanted to see CIRAS (duh). Anything else? any other plate carrier? Vest. IBA? OTV? (I am not going to fight with a IOTV)

Any other gear? Stuff that is NOT included in any Johannes SF soldiers. Fox '09 was kind enough to donate some open top mag pouches. Anything else? Since I am all out of ideas.

Edited by Nixo

What would be cool is the RAV vest. Iirc it was used by delta force around 2003

Paraclete RAV is used by Delta and many other Tier 1 units (SAS). They all use OD green RAV and gear.

RAV:

6635.jpg

Click for hi-res: (Delta in first pic; second pic is SAS and Delta)

th_delta3-1-1.jpgth_delta-force-iraq-hires.jpg

Another thing I'd love to see are various chest rigs. Mayflower Rigs and Tactical Tailor MAV comes to mind.

Click for hi-res: (Mayflower rig in first pic, unkown in second; both Delta)

th_mayflowerdude.jpgth_kyle1-1.jpg

Also, note in the second pic above is the use of a chest rig over a PACA body armor vets, which would be cool to see in game too :D

The paca is on all units atm. can send some screens showing it... I mean PACA only no rigs or equipment

nice work nixo, would like to see some tf shadow company guys, any chance getting those or something close to them, 000ii.jpg

Edited by Operator92

Some WIP images of the DCU guys. They are about 75% complete. I don't find them very good looking. Suggestions? I know the dcu does not look accurate. But that will have to do for now.

Give them solid tan tops instead of grey tops. Other than that I think they look great.

@MacScottie. The grey top is a PCU jacket. I might change it.

Here is another unit. Multicam pants with green "MW2" Jacket with green helmet and some weird Velcro on the helmet. And a new vest on top of the PACA. Textures only. No model.

14803608.th.jpg

62094207.th.jpg

99419808.th.jpg

Nice work man, interested much. cool shtuff you got going on here in this project.

I like! Only I think the helmets are too green, need to be dulled and darkened a bit. But I'm lovin what I'm seein! Keep up the good work!

Looking pretty good, but yes, helmets are too green.

i second that suggestion. while it can be another ^1024 , just size it down to 512 , hell maybe even 256, it's a small thing.. maybe even combine with your uvs

i second that suggestion. while it can be another ^1024 ' date=' just size it down to 512 , hell maybe even 256, it's a small thing.. maybe even combine with your uvs[/quote']

What are you talking about? :P

** Helmets will be changed. And Pistols added. This is early BETA.

I meant textures, i'm sure a whole section just for a pistol is enough , and the m9 texture is 1024x.. whatever lol :)

good luck though!

or you could just use the arma1 MLOD M9 and redirect its textures to the arma2/OA ones. since its the same model/texture.

I meant textures' date=' i'm sure a whole section just for a pistol is enough , and the m9 texture is 1024x.. whatever lol :)

good luck though![/quote']

Oh, yeah. Well I could add it as a proxy. Or adding it in o2. And yeah. Changing the texture size would save some fps... depending on system specs.