Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Units sold info .. keep hearing game not popular. Can't be.

I keep reading about how the game can't be all that popular. This assumption seems to be based solely on the fact that the number of players online count is not all that high.

I kinda gave up online playing quit a while ago for many reasons (some game related but the majority are personal) yet am still thoroughly enjoying it. Bought the expansion pack (OA) and will be buying the next release as well.

I have other "simulators" that I (and MANY others) never play online as well (ie FSX , X-Plane, Silent Hunter 4) simply because the game itself offers enough challenges.

It would be interesting to find out (exactly or approximately) how many ArmA2 units were sold and the ratio of those who simply enjoy a good SP mission vs those who are only interested in playing online.

I think MP brings 1000 times more fun. Not just joining diff servers all the time and trying to meet new people. I mean like picking one server and actually playing with the same people all the time. Great expierence!

Although BiS could no doubt do with the extra cash... I for one am glad its not more popular.

Why?

No raging preteens on comms and utter retarded game play you get with "other" shooters just about sums it up for me amongst other things, that been the main reason though.

No MP here. Like you, I find the SP game and editor offers plenty of fun and challenges. Strange because when I bought A2 I thought I'd be in MP all the time but found the experience to be more frustrating than rewarding.

I don't play online. I love SP and bought it for that. I play my own missions with the editor and haven't played the campaigns for either ARMA2 or OA.

I would like to try playing co-op with a few people against AI, but am just too busy with SP. Maybe in the future.

Organized MP play is where it's at. Pub games can be ok, but playing as a squad with organized and motivated teammates is amazingly fun.

This argument is as old as Moses. Am I the only one who enjoys the entire smorgasbord that is Arma 2: SP, editor, MP, user created content?

Lots of "casual" people who bought game, try run on highest possible settings, making their "top gaming machine" with 480 gtx card go on knees. Ranting about "bad optimisation" follows

Also they stick to single player compaign, and when they try multiplayer, they give up attempting to join mod stuffed servers

Though I am happy that this works as a dumb people filter in MP :P

This argument is as old as Moses. Am I the only one who enjoys the entire smorgasbord that is Arma 2: SP, editor, MP, user created content?

I'm a smorgasbordian too. I had a blast over the last few weeks in MP Warfare but this week I'm playing in the editor for some reason.

According to the poll at http://www.bistudio.com/index.php?option=com_poll&task=results&id=19〈=en only (at the moment) 37.5% of the players spend most of their game-time in multiplayer. And even then we dunno how much game time that is, considering the overall high age of ArmA-players.

At only about 2700 votes it is but an indication, but it still shows that multiplayer isn't the be-all that it is in CoD and Battlefield, and many spend loads of time in the editor and singleplayer. Many don't ever play multiplayer at all.

For a game like ArmA I bet 1000 players online simultanously means at the very, very, very least 100.000 sold copies of the game. And even then I wouldn't be surprised if I'm too low by several hundred percent.

A friendly Miep Miep,

I am playing ArmA 2 too a lot in SP.

I'd like to play more Online, but there are some points that makes me wait for the MP Part:

- I still didn't end the EW and OA campaign (the EW campaign because of Computer crashes, OA campaign because I don't have much time :U, but I want to end them first ).

- Don't have much time, and ArmA is definitely not the game you start because of 20 minutes of free time^^

And if there is not alot of time I can spend on fix times, it's hard to play with a squad.

Some other points:

I'm kind of microorganising every step in game, so because of this, I need even more time^^.

But I play multiplayer with my girlfriend :)... well... She's not bad... she tries to get everything done well, but there are often things that drive me crazy^^

If you keep hearing about a game, then chances are it's popular. :)

I also like Single Player, I find it a chore to find a server, and those with enough people are usually password locked. I considered wanting to join a group so I could play some Co-op since I actually do find that rather fun, but didn't know which was strictly Co-op so I simply stuck to single player and mission editing.

A friendly Miep Miep,

I am playing ArmA 2 too a lot in SP.

I'd like to play more Online, but there are some points that makes me wait for the MP Part:

- I still didn't end the EW and OA campaign (the EW campaign because of Computer crashes, OA campaign because I don't have much time :U, but I want to end them first ).

- Don't have much time, and ArmA is definitely not the game you start because of 20 minutes of free time^^

And if there is not alot of time I can spend on fix times, it's hard to play with a squad.

Some other points:

I'm kind of microorganising every step in game, so because of this, I need even more time^^.

But I play multiplayer with my girlfriend :)... well... She's not bad... she tries to get everything done well, but there are often things that drive me crazy^^

Yes 20min isnt enough time for MP.... Ive been playing alot of warfare missions and that can take hours.

Anyone that hasnt had a good expierence playing MP just pm me and we can get in TS and play a little missions. Its very fun when you actually play online and work as a team!

The only time you'll find me online is Tuesday and Thursday nights (private MP with family), and Sunday mornings (with ShackTac).

All the other times I'm playing SP, or plunking away in the editor, or photoshopping...