Sign in to follow this  
MiniGunDad

Urban Warfare

Ok - i installed OA and ran it and had a quick go at Urban Warfare game whilst waiting for the patch (1.5->1.52) to download. Finished the game early and installed the patch. Load OA up and Urban Warfare has disappeared :eek: Can anyone explain what is going on?

Ok so no reply - did i dream it? Anyone? Someone answer, before i wipe the installation and reinstall to check my sanity :p

I could've swore I saw something called Urban Warfare before too but can't seem to find it now. I'm not sure why though.

I had actually mean't to check back in with this thread after I saw you had posted in hopes of finding an answer. I never got to play it.

Don't worry, urban warfare is still there (it should be); it's just not displayed in you missions section anymore for some reason. To regain it, what you need to do is to download the tool below, called eliteness from the site of the link:

http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?action=details&id=118

Next, go to your ARMA 2 root directory and make a backup of your missions.pbo file which is located in your Addons folder (nothing should happen to it, but better safe than sorry). Then open up eliteness.exe (it's in the zip file you downloaded) and using it, go to he folder where you missions.pbo file is located in. The file itself should be listed in the bottom left hand corner of the eliteness window. Select it from the list and under the tools tab choose DePbo. This will "unpack" your missions file. Next, goto where your missions.pbo file was located and there you should find a folder named missions. Open up the folders missions, then ca and then missions, and there you should find a range of folders dedicated for the game's official missions. Open up the folder MPScenarios and in it, you should find a folder called MP_UrbanWarfare. Simply copy the folder, goto:

Documents/ARAM 2 folder, creat a folder named MPMissions if don't already have one there, and paste UrbanWarfare in it. You should now have it displayed as one of your multiplayer missions when you play the game, and now, it is also editable. This happened to me as well and this is how I fixed it, BUT I HAVE ARMA2 STANDALONE (NOT OA), so this may not fix your issue.

Sorry if you already know how to do all of this stuff, I just explained it in noobish language so that when other people are looking for an answere to the same question, they don't have to ask more questions.

Hope it helps.

Edited by kyfohatl

kyfohatl - firstly many thanks for such a detailed answer. :) I did all the extraction but i used UnPBO which i already had. The folder is there => MP_UrbanWarfare but it's under the Chenarus map extension. (I know you said you don't have OA) In OA it was the map Zargabad or whatever it is. Now i believe i can copy and paste to the required map in the editor - well i presume so - i will give that a go and see how it goes and then post again later today.

One other thing

there you should find a folder named missions. Open up the folders missions, then ca and then missions,
what is 'ca' i don't have a folder called 'ca'? When playing i have seen an error (when opening ammo box) something like "cant find file ca/ something or other" So am i missing something? Thanks in advance. Edited by MiniGunDad

Ok - quickly made a Zagrabad map and pasted copied items from the Urban Warfare Chenarus map, shuffled things about a bit as the camps and stuff were on top of buildings etc. I tried to start the map and it hangs on the 'receiving' screen. Had to Tab-Alt out. Interestingly the Urban Warfare map in the 'choose' list is listed as Urban Warfare Prototype which is definitely from ArmA2 not OA.

So i believe in the OA 1.52 update the Urban Warfare was removed. I will wait until tonight (6hrs) and if no one can provide an answer i'll uninstall and reinstall and post back.

Ok - quickly made a Zagrabad map and pasted copied items from the Urban Warfare Chenarus map, shuffled things about a bit as the camps and stuff were on top of buildings etc. I tried to start the map and it hangs on the 'receiving' screen. Had to Tab-Alt out. Interestingly the Urban Warfare map in the 'choose' list is listed as Urban Warfare Prototype which is definitely from ArmA2 not OA.

So i believe in the OA 1.52 update the Urban Warfare was removed. I will wait until tonight (6hrs) and if no one can provide an answer i'll uninstall and reinstall and post back.

Ok, I can't answere your second questions as you already know that I don't have OA. But about "ca". It is located in your unpacked missions folder:

wherever you unpacked your missions.pbo file/missions/ca

So its just a folder, and inside it, you should find another folder called "missions" which has all of the official missions in it. As to why it's there... I don't know. I checked to see wether or not it contained hidden files, but I found nothing other than the "missions" folder. It may be because I used eliteness, or that I have standalone ARMA 2.

Ok thanks for you response, think i'll wipe and reinstall and also google for the 'ca' folder issue.

Ok - i've uninstalled and reinstalled ArmA2 and OA. Hey presto - Urban Warfare is now availabe in the Zargabad map selection. It's called 'CTI Urban Warfare' i played it on Expert and it's very difficult as the three sides battle for the town. I must say though it is engrossing as you have to cross roads and duck in buildings constantly checking for the enemy.

However, there appears to be a strange "bug" - every so often the screen goes black and the 'Receiving' quote appears on screen - after 5-8s this dissappears and you can continue. Not great if you've just turned a corner and the guy with a tea towel on his head is standing there :( Also it just CTD - not sure why, maybe just one of those CTD moments :rolleyes:

My intention now is to UNPBO the missions and extract the CTI Urban Warfare folder. Then install 1.52 patch and then load the CTI Urban Warfare via my profiles folder. Will post back when done.

So do you have to do a lot of altering to find this? I want to play CTI in single player so is this the best option to do that?

I've UNPBO the mission.pbo file at C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns but this does not hold the Urban Warfare map - well it does but with the chenarus extension not the Zargabad map. (Something i'd found previously when looking for the TDM template). In fact none of the extracted folders have the zagarbad / takistan extension.

I am now somewhat confused - if it's not in the missions file where is it - or is it interpolated from the chenarus map? :confused:

Can anyone answer this little problem or do i have to email support (decided to email anyway - let's see what response i get)..... ;)

Edited by MiniGunDad

If that's the case, you should find it in the missions_e.pbo file located under ...\ArmA 2\Expansion\AddOns, as they are part of Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations only. The one you extracted, missions.pbo, is for only Arma 2 content.

Zipper5 thanks for the response.

the missions_e.pbo file located under ...\ArmA 2\Expansion\AddOns,

the file does not contain anything when i UNPBO it? This is strange as the file is 54MB but extracts to a folder with a file of 28KB!!

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Ok - downloaded the Eliteness tool and tada i can extract the necessary files. I now have the MP_UrbanWarfare.Zargabad :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'll give it a go and post back. I'm off on my hols so maybe sometime before i post. :p

I can now play the map with the patch applied after extracting the necessary files prior to patching. I'm back to having fun again with this great scenario :)

Many thanks for all the input esp Zipper5 who pushed me down the right avenue. :bounce3:

I've also had a response from BIS and have basically asked why the map is not available after the patch. I will close this topic after i have some feed back from BIS.

I will also post a full procedure on how to get th map if anyone requires - though the info is in the above threads.

I will close this topic after i have some feed back from BIS.

Oooh! Feedback! Feedback! :D

Apologies for a late response/followup - i've been on my hols :)

Reply from BIS is that 'it was not intentional' that during the patching to 1.52 that the Urban Warfare map should dissapear from the map selection menu. They also said they would look into this issue.

Again i will post back after they have contacted me again.

I suppose the good news is i wasn't going mad :p :D

Got more info from BIS. Apparantly this problem will be resolved with a Patch :yay:

So i guess this is closed/resolved. :)

I recently discovered this mission also. I'm modifying it a little, as JIP didn't work and I'd love it if 3 playable sides fought it out instead of 2 against AI.

Will post on BIF if I succeed with the changes - its an awesome Warfare mission!!

Anyone still playing Urban Warfare ? I followed the fix using the latest beta ArmA:CO. But when I start MP ArmA CTD's and gives a parsing error for the mission description file ... "Expected = after f". Looked at the file and it has "Generated file" at the top. Looks like this needs commenting out with a "//". I tried this and I did indeed get the mission to show in the menu. However loading it throws other parsing errors. In fact all the mission files have uncommented comments at the top. Truncated text inserted in some places and other parsing errors. This can't be the beta because that is in a separate directory. The mission files in the non-beta dirs have the same problem.

Does anyone have a working copy of Urban Warfare Zargabad ?

Edited by DJ_Barney

Clicks on topic. Is not about actual Urban Warfare (UW). Leaves with sad face.

This is on topic. This thread is about the Warfare MP/Coop game type. There should be a mission available which is set in an urban environment.