Sign in to follow this  
pstennisace

So many black soldiers?

Hey guys, this is not to be racist, but Is there a way i can mix up the races more of my troops? it seems that 3/4 of them are black, and maybe 2 white guys. this just doesnt seem realistic, how can i fix this?

When does this happen? In the campaign or in MP missions? I only ever notice this sometimes when buying units in Warfare, it's seems to be a random thing and is no big deal.

I've always noticed that too, both in SP and MP, it's a little unrealistic.

What do you mean, "you people"?

Classic. :rolleyes:

Yea, sometimes the ratio can be a bit off... :glare:

what? who said "you people?". anyway, Im in SP editor, and i go around and look at my squad, and see at least 6 black guys, and maybe 2 white. Its not racist, I just would like to see an even balance, its somewhat unrealistic.

^ I think Slim was joking man. I'll admit I have noticed it at times as well. There was an addon for ArmA 1 that changed it for the RACS side, maybe somebody could make one for ArmA 2/OA. But only to make it roughly 50/50. Half, maybe 30% at the minimum, of the guys in uniform i've seen on military posts (Ft. Bliss, Ft. Riley, Ft. Carson, etc. etc.) are black.

gothca, just a kinda "touchy" subject for some ppl i guess. so is there a way to change it??

The faces which are selected for the AIs occur always in the same order right?

I mean, playing as US the 2nd or 3rd squad member ALWAYS is the "black dude"

I noticed this sometimes back in original ArmA 2, but it's not really an issue, they shoot, die and disobey orders all the same :D

Honestly I'd prefer more racial types added to the game; Asian, Far Asian, Mediterranean, Hispanic

But that's part of a long line of requests that will likely never be fulfilled.

This is wierd, but true! gonna test it out in the editor now

Minorities are about a third of the Marine Corps, but in the game at least 60% of randomly-generated soldiers are black.

so is there a way to change it??

I think the best way to end this rather silly discussion is to use the command setFace.

Minorities are about a third of the Marine Corps, but in the game at least 60% of randomly-generated soldiers are black.

so should be in game for more realism

but not only this is mistake, for example FAL has 3rnd burst like in M16A2

This topic is ridiculous and should be closed before it goes too far.

Keep your censorship to yourself.

On topic:

The OP has a point. It would look ridiculous if, say, FDF-mod squads consisted of 60% dark skinned people.

Maybe a Caucasian addon is needed :p

What I do for my spec ops missions, is to set all the units to Caucasian faces. It's unrealistic when about 75%+ of all the US units are black in ARMA2, when only about 5% at the most of the US special forces are non-White.

Also I hope they fix this ratio thing for the British pack, because it's going to look ridiculous if 75% of the troops are Black, when in reality the UK armed forces are about 90% indiginous Britons.

Uhhh does this really matter to people that much?

If we're focusing on realism....then absolutely. Hell even the Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish mods have majority Black soldiers in them. It would be nice if these countries actually had the indiginous people's faces in their mods.

Edited by Sky999

Uhhh does this really matter to people that much?

Yes, simply because a lot of problems we have IRL are caused by wishfull thinking and politcal correctness which is one of the worst diseases because such a behaviour has a tendency to destroy any logical discussion. The disaster in Afghanistan is in the end caused by the same problems despite of many error in the little detail.

To prevent any discrimination Bohemia should also add some female soldiers and handicapped persons.

Asking the 60-40 ratio of blacks-whites to be changed to 30-70 to reflect the real world isnt racism so lets just stop that. He isnt asking it to be changed because he is afraid black AI soldiers will rob them or something retarded.

Though personally i dont really care, how often do you look closely at your own troops anyway?

TBH I never took notice of the faces before this thread, but yeah, the ratio should be more accurate and/or the face distribution should be randomized better.

Well the "setface" script command works well.

I think that you're not being racist if you just want more realism. For example, imagine if the duala's armies would have a ratio of 80 of white men in their squad.

It's kind of positive discrimination, by focussing on a particular aspect that is not necessary. I guess that is what bohemia did by addin an unrealistic ratio.

How about we just replace some of the black soldiers with latino's. I think there needs to be more latins/hispanic soldiers