Sign in to follow this  
suma

New ArmA 2 beta 72588 is up

This patch has some great fixes in it and I am grateful to see some A2 love, however this beta patch crashes nvidia drivers like OA does. I had 4 driver crashes in about 3 hours of play. I started to play again without the beta and get 0 crashes for several hours straight.

The crash seems to occur when I zoom in (concentrated vision). Sometimes the screen become colorful and I see the texture files flashing across the screen but very distorted, and other times not so. Each is a driver crash with the message to verify it. There is no relevant information in the .rpt.

My card is a 9800gt with 186.18 drivers. Temps are between 65 and 75 according to realtemp. Yes I have tried later drivers, but this version gives me the best overall performance with my video card. 258.96 drivers drop me from 36fps to low 20s in the first benchmark.

Edited by Khugan

I think they can fix the animation in car when you are not moving if you turn with steering wheel!

Wtf... when installing beta patch it gives me: ArmA2 version 1.07 required, yours is 1.05!

but it is 1.07, can play on servers fine.

I even reapplied patch 1.05-1.07 (saying to me updating from 1.07-1.07!), still can´t install beta (it insists I´m running 1.05).

Any known solution for this?

Just delete your ARMA 2/beta folder and install it again. This will work.

Thanks BIS! Patch runs just perfectly on my AMD X4 plus GTX280 with latest drivers ;)

PS: I'm totally with lwlooze's comment.

Just delete your ARMA 2/beta folder and install it again. This will work.

Thanks m8, problem solved:)

I would suggest to make a simple additional command option were the AI will follow the orders by players much faster and disengage/"forget" contacts/targets - at least for x seconds/minutes.

It is still strange + annoying that AI can't break from contacts and for example move quickly to another position or get in vehicles.

That's exactly that issue with the Danger Mode, which can't be overridden.

So whenever only one enemy unit is remembered/seen/heard by the last idiot of your squad wound up somewhere 5 km away from you, the rest of the squad with you will just be stuck in danger mode.

- It takes ages to heal you unless you're really close to the medic

- It takes ages to board a vehicle

- It takes ages (or forever, if you die) to get away from an enemy you can't beat (aka disengage, but the Disengage attack mode doesn't help either)

There is just no way to override it! It's my last major issue with A2/OA/CO.

This is for ArmA2. Not OA or CO.

The guys should split the forums into ArmA 2, OA and CO if they want to stick with the three-timing.

The guys should split the forums into ArmA 2, OA and CO if they want to stick with the three-timing.

Or maybe just ArmA2 and OA/CO, since both OA and CO use the same .exe file.

Thanks for the A2 patch! OA is not really on my event horizon yet, so I, for one, really appreciate the attention!

Pretty awesome performance patch for me got a massive boost in the benches. E08 is on 55 fps with just a dualcore 3ghz and a 4970. Noticed alot more lod swapping though mostly on buildings.

Nice beta but is it last for arma 2? It would be nice to test TCMalloc memory allocator

in some beta and its far too long to wait full patch arma 2. Too bad for arma 2 its still awesome game to play again and again...

oo bad for arma 2 its still awesome game to play again and again...

So, get Arrowhead and play Combined Operations and keep enjoying a greatly improved ArmA2 experience...

Nice beta but is it last for arma 2? It would be nice to test TCMalloc memory allocator

in some beta and its far too long to wait full patch arma 2. Too bad for arma 2 its still awesome game to play again and again...

It's a beta patch, so of course there will be more. Otherwise it would be a full release patch. And if they weren't going to do anything else with Arma 2, they probably would have released the stable patch already.

Blah its too long wait full patch, after seeing this cool beta lists and all improvements for OA . I would buy combined arms but its hard to find in local stores and ebay too.