Sign in to follow this  
IronSight94

Arrowhead occasional crash?

Okay I searched but each search brought up more than 100 or so topics. Sometimes when I run Arrowhead it loads the main menu then I get a crash to the desktop. I had this problem once before, but I just rebooted and it loaded just fine. I don't know what could possibly be causing this. Thanks in advance!

I have to keep the game on low settings because my graphics card is crap, short on cash not enough for a good one. But I don't believe that's the issue. The game worked fine before. I do notice that the gray rectangle that shows up with the check boxes before startup takes a while to show up.

Edited by IronSight94

Is there an error msg? Do you have anything relevant in the rpt file? What game version are you running? Are you using any addons or mods? Do you like pizza?

No error message Windows just tells me the program stopped working. Running latest version. No I'm not using addons. I do very much like pizza, and get the following reports in arma2oa.rpt that look suspicious:

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Error: sample ca\music_e\ep1_track04_arrival.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds_e\air_e\uh1h\uh1h_engine_ext_2.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds_e\air_e\uh1h\uh1h_rotor_ext_1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds\ambient\forest\wind-global-2.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 22050

Error: sample ca\sounds\ambient\houses\house-1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 22050

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male03tk\default\move.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male01tk\default\numbers\zero.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male03tk\default\numbers\zero.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male01tk\default\moveto.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

Error: sample ca\sounds\ambient\forest\wind-global-2.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 22050

Error: sample ca\sounds\ambient\houses\house-1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 22050

After looking, these look like errors that might be associated with the menu background video?

I'd try turning the samples to 16 under audio options and see if it goes, you could search for any sound related problem you might have with your PC.

Windows and sound card driver all up to date?

Yes I made sure my sound card was up to date. I just tried running the game a few hours ago and it started fine. I also unpacked the pbo's containing these files and they all played no problem.