Sign in to follow this  
M1Garand

Laser Targeting

How do you affectivley Laser target? me and my friends tried it a few times, but nothing would show up in the cockpit, and its real frustrating to do. anybody got some steps to properly laser target?

First, the plane have to be capable of "seeing" laser targets. The AV-8 can, the A-10 and the F-35. About others i'm unsure.

Then you must have respective weapons, say GBU-12, selected.

And finally, if the target is lasered from south and plane approaches from north, laser target might be occluded by the target and/or other obstacles. Best way if scout and pilot attack from same direction.

Now that we are talking about it - is it possible to make AI attack the target a player designates?

Now that we are talking about it - is it possible to make AI attack the target a player designates?

Yes, since the Laser Dot will appear as Enemy Target for both human and AI. It is also lockable is certain weapons are selected (AGM, or GBU afaik)

here is an example of player controlled helicopter targetting for an AI pilot:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mqyZoi8-I&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mqyZoi8-I&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Aircraft capable of locking onto laser targets are:

AV8B (LGB)

A-10

AH-64

AH-1

KA-52

SU-34

SU-25 (Russian one only)

Sweet. Thanks.

I wish there were demo missions to look at in the editor/tutorials though (i.e. making AI attack only "lased" targets and nothing else)

Edited by metalcraze