tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Tool is not supported anymore, Tophe is inactive :(

I wish he would post the source code so that others can continue his project.

I am getting an "Arma 3 has stopped working" error after the 1.54 update. I have been using TADST to run servers for years now and this is the first time the arma3server.exe keeps crashing on me due to an Arma update. 

If anyone finds a fix please post it! 

EDIT: Looks like arma3server.exe is crashing with particular maps after the 1.54 update, such as Sahrani (from All-In-Arma Terrain Pack) about 5-25 min after starting the mission. The server is not crashing on Altis or Stratis after extended periods of time. 

Is this program still the one to use for Adminning a server? I want to host a coop server with 1 mod that is not required (Ragdoll'd mod). I want to be able to ban any hackers. Do I need this program or is there a better one now?

Is this program still the one to use for Adminning a server? I want to host a coop server with 1 mod that is not required (Ragdoll'd mod). I want to be able to ban any hackers. Do I need this program or is there a better one now?

You don't need any program other than arma3.exe or arma3server.exe to host a dedicated server. This program simply made it more user friendly. you can ban anyone on a server if you are an admin.

You don't need any program other than arma3.exe or arma3server.exe to host a dedicated server. This program simply made it more user friendly. you can ban anyone on a server if you are an admin.

Thanks I've been using it and it works good. I'm hosting a vanilla server but I'm not sure what the verify sigatures v1 v2 settings do (no tooltip) I don't want people with mods that might mess up the game to join (had someone join with invisible gun, said he had mods installed) but if the mod doesn't break anything I want it to be allowed. I use the Ragdoll'd mod and it seems to work good but not sure if i have to make it required or just optional (or maybe shouldn't use it). I think it might have something to do with the keys but don't think Ragdoll'd has that file... Edit: Oh i think the v1 and v2 has to do with whitelisting, still not sure.

I don't get why this keeps happening. It seems like every other day, while mid-mission, everything will just stop on me. When I alt-tab out of the game, the tab created by TADST (the white screen with the server connection information that pops up when you click "launch") will be gone like the program just went ahead and closed itself.

Is there a common reason that could cause this? I can share whatever it is I need to to try and troubleshoot this. I can't really use this tool anymore until I get to the root of the problem. It's like everything will be smooth sailing and then bam, the tab disappears and the server closes.

Here's an example of a TADST rpt: http://pastebin.com/LWZAGNc8

EDIT: This was caused by a mod conflict!

Thanks I've been using it and it works good. I'm hosting a vanilla server but I'm not sure what the verify sigatures v1 v2 settings do (no tooltip) I don't want people with mods that might mess up the game to join (had someone join with invisible gun, said he had mods installed) but if the mod doesn't break anything I want it to be allowed. I use the Ragdoll'd mod and it seems to work good but not sure if i have to make it required or just optional (or maybe shouldn't use it). I think it might have something to do with the keys but don't think Ragdoll'd has that file... Edit: Oh i think the v1 and v2 has to do with whitelisting, still not sure.

Read this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

How can I make TADST select BI missions such as the lovely endgame ones?

Hey guys. Gonna make a new try... Life's been in the way, but I see a lot of people are still using the tool.

My plan is to continue supporting it. I've been away from the community and have hardly even started Arma3 during 2015.

But I'm gonna try to play a bit more this year. 

Now I need your help.

What are the non working things with TADST? 

And what critical settings must be added to make it work?

As stated earlier, I'm not looking for a wishlist for features, like process monitoring etc.

I'm looking for new Server features and changed setting standards.

So... any seasoned server admins out there that want to fill me in?

New version up.

See changes in first post!

Please try it out and let me know if some new problems was introduced.

I'm already on the next iteration.

Also added a temporary extra download link. Armaholic seems to have big problems with their downloads.

Thanks for sending us the newest version :)
New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you Foxhound! For supporting and hosting for so many years!

@tophe - thanks for the update really great - will send y some coffee again  ;)

@tophe - thanks for the update really great - will send y some coffee again  ;)

Wow what a suprise ;)

Will test and report. Thanks.

Thanks guys!

Let me know if anything is messed up and please fill me in on what needs to be added (only critical updates for next few ones)

Wow.

I thought this nice soft will be in 2.6 to the end of my life. Nice to see an update!

Bugs:

1. "Mods tab": on the mod list, they are directories that i never selected as mods.

In my case they are: mark, curator, heli, kart, _commonRedist, campaigns, launcher, steamapps.

When i remove them, after saving of profile or after refreshing, they appear once again.

I understand first four of them are "official" but the rest rather not.

Requests:

1. It would be very nice to add more than one directory with addons at once. Navigation with this "Open" window in case of long path is veeeeery boring.

2. It would be also nice if in "Profile Difficulty Setting" group options would be filtered depend of choosen difficulty. I mean there is no possibility on Expert mode to check "3rd person viwe" then lets hide it.

3. I suppose main reason of launching TADST in A3 directory is presence of MPMission folder. Maybe better idea is availability of setting path to this folder and running TADST from any location?

Regards

Wow.

I thought this nice soft will be in 2.6 to the end of my life. Nice to see an update!

Bugs:

1. "Mods tab": on the mod list, they are directories that i never selected as mods.

In my case they are: mark, curator, heli, kart, _commonRedist, campaigns, launcher, steamapps.

When i remove them, after saving of profile or after refreshing, they appear once again.

I understand first four of them are "official" but the rest rather not.

Requests:

1. It would be very nice to add more than one directory with addons at once. Navigation with this "Open" window in case of long path is veeeeery boring.

2. It would be also nice if in "Profile Difficulty Setting" group options would be filtered depend of choosen difficulty. I mean there is no possibility on Expert mode to check "3rd person viwe" then lets hide it.

3. I suppose main reason of launching TADST in A3 directory is presence of MPMission folder. Maybe better idea is availability of setting path to this folder and running TADST from any location?

Regards

Thx man.

1. Mods tab

I'll see if I can fix the hiding thing. I have an idea for it.

As to adding more folders.. You can drag and drop multiple folder directly o the mods window

2. Yeah, I've been working on a different system there. Need to do some research on the difficulty settings.

3. There are some other reasons as well, but I check for the MP folder as a control. Might change this for an upcoming version.

Thx for the feedback.

@tophe - coffee bags inbound

@tophe - coffee bags inbound

haha! Thanks man!

First short test:

Is the AI skill system already ported over with the new settings?  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/101123-tophes-arma-dedicated-server-tool-tadst/?p=2887221

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:AI

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

I think you will need a few more textboxes ;)

Im still not sure how this affect units that has termal image or work as a team in a vehicle or has big view distance in a helo.

HC Settings i down understand. HC IP and Client IP ? When both are on the same machine i should set both to 127.0.0.1 ?

For a later Feature request it would be cool to start the HC also with your tool, e.g. with a timer (1min after server startet)! ;)

First short test:

Is the AI skill system already ported over with the new settings?  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/101123-tophes-arma-dedicated-server-tool-tadst/?p=2887221

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:AI

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

I think you will need a few more textboxes ;)

Im still not sure how this affect units that has termal image or work as a team in a vehicle or has big view distance in a helo.

HC Settings i down understand. HC IP and Client IP ? When both are on the same machine i should set both to 127.0.0.1 ?

For a later Feature request it would be cool to start the HC also with your tool, e.g. with a timer (1min after server startet)! ;)

Don't know much about Headless Clients. You'll have to read up on it. But the IP boxes sets HeadlessClients[] and LocalClient[] in the config.

As for the AI system - no it's not updated yet. I'm on it :-)

I need to do some more research - hard to find unambiguous information on it.

Thx for the links. Most of that information applies to mission scripting though. I need to find out exactly what you can set in the server config, and what the defaults are...

Headless: Yes ok, so i need both 127.0.0.1. Thx! ;)

Performance Tab:

MinBandwidth

MaxBandwidth

Please set this up like it is written in the basic.cfg or shorten it with a static 000 at the end but dont make the first one kbit/s and the next value mbit/s.

Mod Tab: Would be cool to add another Mod Path rather then single mod paths and write the path behind it if its not the server file path (so you know what to delete).

Difficulty Tab:

Default Diff is: Expert. But when i click on missions, they all show "regular" Difficulty.

Details Tab:

When i want a 2nd profil and change the server file path and save it, in parameters the MODpath and LOGpath is still from the old ServerFile Path. So the mods in the new path are not updated for this profil.

Headless: Yes ok, so i need both 127.0.0.1. Thx! ;)

Performance Tab:

MinBandwidth

MaxBandwidth

Please set this up like it is written in the basic.cfg or shorten it with a static 000 at the end but dont make the first one kbit/s and the next value mbit/s.

Mod Tab: Would be cool to add another Mod Path rather then single mod paths and write the path behind it if its not the server file path (so you know what to delete).

Difficulty Tab:

Default Diff is: Expert. But when i click on missions, they all show "regular" Difficulty.

Details Tab:

When i want a 2nd profil and change the server file path and save it, in parameters the MODpath and LOGpath is still from the old ServerFile Path. So the mods in the new path are not updated for this profil.

Performance Tab:

Might look into that in the future, for now I find it more intuitive to use standard bandwidth units

Mod Tab:

Not sure what you mean here. The paths of an added mods are already written out. And you can drag and drop multiple mod folders in the mod window.

Difficulty tab:

In the difficulty tab you configure the settings for difficulty levels. In Missions tab you choose the difficulty level for each (or all) cycled missions.

Details Path:

Not sure what you're after here, but TADST will only work with the ARMA folder you put it in (for now)

Let me know if anything is messed up and please fill me in on what needs to be added (only critical updates for next few ones)

I'm not sure if the application is behaving as it should and I'm just misunderstanding it, so I'll try to describe what I'm seeing.

On the missions tab, I've selected 1 mission. I set it's difficulty to veteran and click the green tick. But when I save the profile, the difficulty dropdown goes back to regular.

The server starts in Veteran, though.

This happened in 2.6 as well as 2.7

Performance Tab:

Might look into that in the future, for now I find it more intuitive to use standard bandwidth units

Mod Tab:

Not sure what you mean here. The paths of an added mods are already written out. And you can drag and drop multiple mod folders in the mod window.

Difficulty tab:

In the difficulty tab you configure the settings for difficulty levels. In Missions tab you choose the difficulty level for each (or all) cycled missions.

Details Path:

Not sure what you're after here, but TADST will only work with the ARMA folder you put it in (for now)

Mod Tab: When you could add a "Folder" where other mod are, it would be cool to refesh it also. So when i add a "central" mod i dont need to drag it to my several TADST's.

Difficulty: Yes, but i want to set for every mission 1 mode. When i want 1-2 missions with different diff i can change it like your tool offers it. But atm i make the default Diff to expert but the missions are still on veteran?

Details path: Yes it only works where you put it in. Thats what i mean, sorry ;)

I'm not sure if the application is behaving as it should and I'm just misunderstanding it, so I'll try to describe what I'm seeing.

On the missions tab, I've selected 1 mission. I set it's difficulty to veteran and click the green tick. But when I save the profile, the difficulty dropdown goes back to regular.

The server starts in Veteran, though.

This happened in 2.6 as well as 2.7

The difficulty drop down in the Missions tab sets the difficulty for the currently selected mission.

If you click the green tick it will set this difficulty for all missions in your cycle list.

if you select your mission again after saving, the drop down should show the correct difficulty for the selected mission.