tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

So i love TADST but i've been having some issues with it. i keep getting the error no entry 'bin/config.bin/Cfgworlds.bozcaada.' even though bozcaada is written in the mission file, mod is in the correct folder and key is in folder vOv

How do you get it to show the game mode plz

Nvm i found out that i had to enable Persistent Battlefield and Auto Init all GUD

First of all, great tool! For those like me who are a bit to lazy to set up a server the old fashioned way.

But, either i'm really incompetent, lacking the necessary "google skills", unable to read or something else is the issue. 
I'm hosting a wasteland server atm. With the box "persistent battlefield" checked I launch the game and set the parameters for said game. 
Upon everyone leaving the game the parameters are reset to default settings and logging back in and changing them does not work, they stay in the default setting when starting the mission. 

Sooo.. Am I missing something critical here? 

@Federick90

This is a bit of a wild guess but...

In TADST, create a mission profile (e.g TestProfile).

In the ArmA3 directory (Usually: C:\Programs files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3) there is a TADST directory.

In that is a file TestProfile\Users\TestProfile\TestProfile.Arma3Profile

Edit that file in Text Editor. The groupIndicators are set near the top.  Set it to:

groupIndicators=2;

However you will have to re-do this each time you save the profile.

Good luck.  S

@tophe Been using TADST for several years now and it makes swapping out mods in a large modpack a breeze. Love this tool.

One thing I'd like to suggest, once you have the time and have updated the difficulty settings, is the addition of a way to set "admins[] = {UUID}" in the server.cfg.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.

Edit:
Just remembered another suggestion I thought of earlier. Only a small tweak, but it would be nice if the "select all" right click context menu in the "parameters" field accepted the "ctrl+A" shortcut. I know you're pretty busy in life at the moment so if it's more than a handful of lines of code I wouldn't bother with it though.

Once again, thanks for this awesome tool.

Edited by Drift_91

On 2018-09-27 at 3:55 AM, Dedmen said:

Btw as we are here. I often see people using useless command line parameters on their server and I have lately been told that TADST is force setting some of them.

Things like -noSound -noSplash. Things that just don't make any sense on a server with no UI and no sound.

Just launched my server from TADST with no mods or custom parameters. Only thing that seemed to be forced was "-filePatching".

From server .RPT log:

"C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe"  -port=2302 "-config=C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\TADST\default" -name=default -filePatching

Btw using "-noSound" kind of makes sense in my mind. Maybe BI didn't take the sound rendering out of the server. In which case using "-noSound" would save some CPU cycles. Also, not saying that the former is true, but it's more likely than you think seeing as how I had to install DirectX to get the server to launch on my fresh Windows Server 2019 installation. And on the topic of useless startup parameters for servers I've been wondering is there any point in setting "-exThreads="?

On 1.12.2018 at 7:28 AM, Drift_91 said:

had to install DirectX

I once knew why that's needed, my brain doesn't seem to work right now.

On 1.12.2018 at 7:28 AM, Drift_91 said:

And on the topic of useless startup parameters for servers I've been wondering is there any point in setting "-exThreads="?

That one is set automatically by the game depending on how many cpu cores you have. If you only have 4 cores, it won't set exThreads to 7 because it would be kinda dumb to try to run 7 threads in 4 cores.

That's also the reason why you just shouldn't touch that parameter.

Looks like the newest ArmA update broke Verify Signatures.

Is there a plan to add a v3 option?

8 hours ago, n_icomach said:

Is there a plan to add a v3 option?

v3 option for what?

1 hour ago, n_icomach said:

The latest update included a v3 for verify signatures in one of the changelogs. I cant seem to find any documentation on it anywhere so maybe I just imagined it? Could be what they are referencing here https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00083

You don't need to change anything for that.

On 2018-12-04 at 3:49 AM, Dedmen said:

If you only have 4 cores, it won't set exThreads to 7 because it would be kinda dumb to try to run 7 threads in 4 cores.

If I recall correctly a value of "7" doesn't mean 7 threads. Pretty sure there's only 3 'extra' threads, and 1 through 7 are different combinations of each 3 being on or off. My concern is that I don't think the extra 3 optional threads do things relevant to a server, so setting the value probably doesn't have any effect. However I'd like to know for sure since I'm not that knowledgeable about the game's engine. The game seems to utilize all cores now from what I'm seeing in Task Manager anyway so it's not the biggest deal I guess (unless Windows is throwing the main thread around between cores like I've seen it do in the past, but I THINK it's not).

On the topic of the v3 signatures, wouldn't you have to manually set it to v3 or something in the config file? Or does v3 simply overwrite v2 and use the same config value to enable it?

On 28.12.2018 at 2:10 PM, Drift_91 said:

On the topic of the v3 signatures, wouldn't you have to manually set it to v3 or something in the config file?

No. That config value doesn't directly correspond to the signature version.

0: disabled

1: old (invalid value now, deprecated)

2: new

Many people think
1 == v1
2 == v2

but that's not how it works.

16 hours ago, Dedmen said:

No. That config value doesn't directly correspond to the signature version.

0: disabled

1: old (invalid value now, deprecated)

2: new

Many people think
1 == v1
2 == v2

but that's not how it works.

So now it's not even possible to select v1 or v2?

On 1.1.2019 at 8:40 AM, Drift_91 said:

So now it's not even possible to select v1 or v2?

Correct. Only disabled or v2/v3 (You cannot decide between 2 and 3, Arma does that automatically, trying to enforce one of them on the server makes no sense)

Note sure if this may have been asked before. I would like to find a way to start TADST with a selected profile via Windows task scheduler. I would also like to shut down the server at a certain time as well once running. Is this possible? If so, can yo uplease advise the best method of doing this?

Does anybody know how to make TADST save mission progress after shutting the server down? I have a database set up for myself and a few friends but whenever I close the server (it's on the same pc I use to play) it resets our progress.

2 hours ago, Doyley said:

Does anybody know how to make TADST save mission progress after shutting the server down? I have a database set up for myself and a few friends but whenever I close the server (it's on the same pc I use to play) it resets our progress.

TADST can't do that. It is just a launcher.

Hi guys.

I have win7 and DPI settings on 125% (100% doesn't work for my eyes)

..but the lower portion of TADST (with Profiles and save buttons) it's unreachable.

I tried 3rd party application to "size it" differently but doesn't help.

Any other magic?

hi.

Does TADST support multiplayer custom faces?

The face of the person using the custom face becomes the default white face.