tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Is there a tutorial on how to setup a headless client through TADST?  I'm not sure if the articles and tutorials on setting up headless clients were done with TADST or through other means.  I adjusted the local client IP address under the Headless Client box in TADST with my own, but I left the headless client IP address as 127.0.0.1 (not sure if that is correct or not).  I have edited the TADST server config file (and added the headless client and local client IP Addresses) and created my own batch file but after launching the server through TADST and then executing the batch file, no headless client is created.  Any tips?

Hi,

I am running my server with TADST.

Same problem that some guys, cause I can't configure the difficulty.

I did a Preview:

// Config file generated 13/01/2018 10:43 with TADST.

hostName = "XXXXXXXXXXXXX";
password = "XXXXXXXXX";
passwordAdmin = "XXXXXXXXXX";
serverCommandPassword = "";
logFile = "";

motd[] = {
    "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
};
motdInterval = 3;

maxPlayers = 10;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 0;
allowedFilePatching = 0;
requiredSecureId = 0;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;
voteThreshold = 0.33;

disableVoN = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "none";
BattlEye = 0;

doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onHackedData = "";
onDifferentData = "";
onUnsignedData = "";
regularCheck = "";

class Missions
{
    class Mission_1
    {
        template = "OPEX.Altis";
        difficulty = "regular";
    };

};

The difficulty is set as "REGULAR".

Even if i change to "CUSTOM" and save, it switch by itself to  "REGULAR" when i re-open the config profil

?????

There another folder in TADST>NAME OF MISSION>Users>NAME OF MISSION>OPEX_Altis folder ARMA3profil.

In this ARMA3Profil the difficulty is the one i have choosen:

difficulty="custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            reducedDamage=0;
            groupIndicators=0;
            friendlyTags=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            commands=1;
            waypoints=1;
            weaponInfo=1;
            stanceIndicator=1;
            staminaBar=1;
            weaponCrosshair=0;
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=1;
            deathMessages=1;
            vonID=0;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport=0;
            multipleSaves=1;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=3;

class CustomAILevel
        {
            skillAI=0.55;
            precisionAI=0.35;
        };
    };

};

How can i stay on my setting?

Thanks a lot for your answers

ALREADY EDITED AFTER ONE TRY:

-in "DIFFICULTY PAGE >  select you settings and change to CUSTOM

-Hit PREVIEW

-change your TADST profil to CUSTOM and save.

-choose "LAUNCH AS IS", but DO  NOT SAVE the profil of your mission, because it switch to "REGULAR".

After check "LAUNCH AS IS", push "LAUNCH" to start the server.

If you hit preview, you are going to overwrite the files.  Make your edits and then leave them alone.  Tick launch as is and launch.

I also recommend making a hold folder to drag copies of the edits into so that when you screw up as I do regularly and overwrite, you can go back and recover the bits you need.

• Like 1

what about cpu affinity  and multicore enable functions in TADST?    it will very userful

Can someone help me? before it worked two servers, now it starts the other does not load when it enters it ...

On 24/01/2018 at 2:06 AM, Cel.Geoffry said:

Can someone help me? before it worked two servers, now it starts the other does not load when it enters it ...

You probably have the same port set for both servers.

Is tactical ping toggle in the custom difficulty pane of TADST? I can't see it, is it called something unexpected?

Hey guys, I'm trying to create an Internet server however it always stays under LAN. Please help...

Trying to set-up an Arma 2 OA Server with Warfare BE mission. Using Win10 and latest TADST version. 

I have opened my ports in my router and also I have allowed traffick on the ports in Outbound rules in Firewall. 

I don't know what to do else..can anybody help?

Thank you.

Filip

Will TADST ever get a update?

Great TOOL would like to see it keep going 

Thanks 

On 2018-04-12 at 12:29 PM, FRANK 5 said:

Will TADST ever get a update?

Great TOOL would like to see it keep going 

Thanks 

The original author hasn't been online on the forums for about 7 months so I highly doubt it. But one can hope.

hello guys,

I known that to change settings you have to select "Preview" et change the settings to "custom".

But:

I want to make 2 missions in the launcher: A "liberation mission" and a "Template mission" for coop.

When I switch from one to the other with #missions in game, the settings change (I have the aircross for instance)

The settings are lost

Is it could be possible to launch 2 servers with TADST? One with persitant mission and the other with the Template mission; could be a way.

Thanks

I know it is possible to run a server and a player client on the same PC so I'd guess that you could run 2 serves on the same PC.  I just wonder if that is going to give you what you want.  If it did work, the clients would have to re-log to change the server/mission.

Surely it is easier to create 2 profiles in TADST and just shut the ArmA server down and and use TADST to launch the ArmA server with the other mission profile.  S

Hello folks!! I have an issue using TADST.

When I launch the server and select all DLC/expansions in the mods tab, server is launching fine but when I want to connect on it it seems like no expansion or DLC is running on it. My ArmA shows red dot in front of each official ArmA expansion. Anyone knows why please ? I try adding the expansions manually with the "extra parameters", typing "-mod=kart;heli etc...." but it won't work.

Hey dudes. I'm sorry I haven't updated the tool the last year. Been a very busy time with music and traveling (have a listen to your fellow ArmA'ist ;-)   https://open.spotify.com/artist/5jN2q5MCOQJaBAYIF7Os4J

I will do my best to get back to it as soon as possible. I really appreciate that you're all still using TADST and I intend to continue supporting it. Life just repeatedly keeps getting in the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, tophe said:

I'm sorry I haven't updated the tool the last year.

We will definitely be waiting for !

Thanks for this very useful tool !

Hello, 

I am experiancing an issue with the v2 signiture check. most of the time its ok, but occasionally when i want to add a mod and test the server it will say "server doesnt require any mods"

i put the key in the key folder and everything?? 

but if i load another preset on TADST it works (well it worked 1 of my presets and not my main one)

any ideas? 

On 2018-05-12 at 4:19 AM, tophe said:

Hey dudes. I'm sorry I haven't updated the tool the last year. Been a very busy time with music and traveling (have a listen to your fellow ArmA'ist ;-)   https://open.spotify.com/artist/5jN2q5MCOQJaBAYIF7Os4J

I will do my best to get back to it as soon as possible. I really appreciate that you're all still using TADST and I intend to continue supporting it. Life just repeatedly keeps getting in the way.

Nice to see you are still around Tophe. Hopefully when you find some time you will update this great utility.

• Thanks 1

What's up with the DIFFICULTY SETTINGS bug (not using settings) folks ? Any workaround ? :(

On 12/05/2018 at 10:19 AM, tophe said:

What's up with the DIFFICULTY SETTINGS bug (not using settings) tophe ? Any plan just to hotfix that issue ?

You can work around the issue by doing a manual edit and selecting launch as is. Not a perfect solution but it allows TADST to do all the heavy lifting.

@tophe

I would like to start off with great tool it helped me learn how to set it up servers. I am attempting to build something for our units box that basically only edits the start up parameters and has a and has the available mods W/linker. Right now I'm using a Batch file which is working fine, however I would like to make it easier for our mission devs.    Had some questions what did you use to build your GUI?  any advice or recommendations is welcomed .

Thanks in advance 

The tool can create broken configurations with eg. negative values. Under Performance, changing units from kbps to mbps confuses the user and I tried entering something manly like close to 100 Gbps for max b/w. Configuration with negative max b/w was created and was quite nasty to figure out what was wrong (tip: read all config files very carefully in case of problems).

Great software otherwise, creating the config is a breeze! :f:

On 23.9.2018 at 1:23 AM, Varis said:

Configuration with negative max b/w was created and was quite nasty to figure out what was wrong

Sounds like a signed integer was used where it doesn't make sense.

Btw as we are here. I often see people using useless command line parameters on their server and I have lately been told that TADST is force setting some of them.
Things like -noSound -noSplash. Things that just don't make any sense on a server with no UI and no sound.

• Like 1