tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

On 8/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, TopNinjaGaming said:

Is there a way to still have the server running, even when you turn off your computer 

Ummmm...... No

• Like 1

tophe Just wanted to say thank you for making this tool, still love it!

On 8/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, TopNinjaGaming said:

Is there a way to still have the server running, even when you turn off your computer 

I'm assuming you mean some other machine will remain running while your game rig is shut down.  Whether or not a mission keeps running is a mater of persistent state and that can be set, I believe... AS LONG AS THE SERVER MACHINE IS RUNNING.

Thanks Tophe!

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the server difficulty settings to use BI's revamped MP options? For instance, waypoints I think have 3 options (on/off/fade) but TADST only has on/off (on with TADST currently makes it fade).

Pretty sure some others need updating as well.

Is this possible or will TADST need another update? 

As a workaround you can export config file using TADST, edit it like here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

and run it similary to this:

D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2

But I agree it should be configurable in TADST.

Maybe even better way would be ability to put own value to TextField instead of choosing it from ComboBox (or mix: TextFiled is more important than ComboBox).

Also configurable addon directory is what I am waiting long time. I also wonder such easy thing is not implemented.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

Tried launching the 64bit, server launches fine, however it is not visible in the server browser in arma 3. 

32 bit still works, but 64 doesnt seem to

Cheers!

@Maj.Boggie

I've also experienced your problem with x32. Maybe enough is to give browser some time to collect your server (I suppose there is some cache).

Try to wait continuously 5-10 minutes (it ususally worked in my case). Also check filters of browser.

27 minutes ago, kromka said:

@Maj.Boggie

I've also experienced your problem with x32. Maybe enough is to give browser some time to collect your server (I suppose there is some cache).

Try to wait continuously 5-10 minutes (it ususally worked in my case). Also check filters of browser.

Using Direct connect, so itll always find it :)

Thank you, i shall try this tomorrow 

Haha, that reference in the new image <3.
Thanks for the update. Great stuff!

I still tweak for weeks. But I had no it's you!!!
Thanks for the song as well!

How can i update it to use is with the latest version 1.76 as i can't join my server because its still on 1.72.

Thanks @tophe. Very much appreciate your time, efforts and continued support of the Arma community. If you consider making the necessary changes to allow the new difficulty settings in a future release we would be grateful for that too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MATR1X said:

If you consider making the necessary changes to allow the new difficulty settings in a future release we would be grateful for that too.

A big plus one for that!

On 25/09/2017 at 11:06 PM, Maj.Boggie said:

Hi Guys, 

Tried launching the 64bit, server launches fine, however it is not visible in the server browser in arma 3. 

Cheers!

Did you find a solution to this problem? I've not been able to reproduce it.

On 27/09/2017 at 5:56 AM, Michiee said:

How can i update it to use is with the latest version 1.76 as i can't join my server because its still on 1.72.

TADST currently only manages server launching, not updating

On 25.9.2017 at 3:06 PM, Maj.Boggie said:

Hi Guys, 

Cheers!

disable stupid windows firewall or generate rule for 64bit.exe

required ports defined on router/firewall ?

1 hour ago, maquez said:

disable stupid windows firewall or generate rule for 64bit.exe

required ports defined on router/firewall ?

Got it working everyone, thank you for your help! 

Adding the 64bit.exe to the Windows Firewall, inbound and outbound rules did the trick! 

Thank you!

So ive had TADST on my backup PC running my server countless times. I stopped hosting about 2-3 months ago due to a recent move and now im fully setup again and went to go host the server. Now, the only thing that has changed since i got my new PC, was i removed a 500GB SSD (just a game drive and arma/server files werent even on this drive) from my old PC to my new PC. I go to run the server (TADST.EXE) and i get denied saying i need access and permissions from my temp folder? (im the only user and admin) and then my PC auto-deleted the EXE, not recycling bin, just flat out deleted. I go to redownload TADST and bit defender is warning me about ransomware trojan on both download links. regardless of the warning, i disabled and allowed the file through, ensured bit defender didnt even look at it when i downloaded it. i extract the readme and EXE, i get the same error, on my new PC and the old PC that was already running it 100% perfectly fine prior. So now I'm basically at a point of being screwed arent i?

On 25.09.2017 at 7:46 PM, kromka said:

and run it similary to this:

D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2

How to export files and change them - I understand. But I can not understand how to run it with such parameters. In TADST, the field with parameters is not editable. Could you tell us in more detail what and how to do. Thank you.

On 20.10.2017 at 6:13 AM, zxbutchxz said:

How to export files and change them - I understand. But I can not understand how to run it with such parameters. In TADST, the field with parameters is not editable. Could you tell us in more detail what and how to do. Thank you.

I suppose you've misunderstood me.

When I wrote about running a server with such parameters I thought directly about server, not about running server using TADST which uses some input parameters.

If you have fully customized cfg file I suppose only parameter you need is

-config=server.cfg

Then you need command similar to this:

path_to_your_server\server_file.exe -config=server.cfg

Sorry for generalizations, in this moment I don't have PC with A3.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kromka said:

I suppose you've misunderstood me.

When I wrote about running a server with such parameters I thought directly about server, not about running server using TADST which uses some input parameters.

If you have fully customized cfg file I suppose only parameter you need is

-config=server.cfg

Then you need command similar to this:

path_to_your_server\server_file.exe -config=server.cfg

Sorry for generalizations, in this moment I don't have PC with A3.

Thanks for the answer. I start the server with the help of TADST and it was impossible to adjust the difficulty. Following your example, exported the config files, edited them and indicated the path to them on the line of extra parameters. TADST created another folder with a config file, in which I inserted the settings I needed and the server earned how I need it.

hello!

i wish to thank Tophe for this great tool, it is really really helpful !

i always used it...but now i'm in the situation to need to reset the PC running the servers every night, and so i need an automated way to restart arma3 servers.
how can i do this using TADST ?
if not possible with TADST...how can i do this ?
tahnks for any help !