tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

I've been running TADST servers for a long time and with the 64bit edition of Arma 3, I still have no issues with getting on my servers.  All my friends are able to join as well with no issues. 

Anyone who uses NAT needs to configure their firewall/router. Hearing anyone using uPnP turns my kneecaps to jam :P

• Like 3

That's right. The vast majority of us are behind NAT.

6 hours ago, Bamse said:

Anyone who uses NAT needs to configure their firewall/router. Hearing anyone using uPnP turns my kneecaps to jam :P

6 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

That's right. The vast majority of us are behind NAT.

Can one of you guys explain what this means? I'm assuming this has to do with my router?

Yes, it's router talk. Almost all domestic routers - the sort we have at home - use NAT. This means you have to forward ports so that data coming into the router from the internet is sent to the right place on your LAN.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

• Like 1

I've been running TADST servers  with the 64bit edition of Arma 3 both RC and the now the current version since the day it was released,

I have had no issues with getting on my servers.  and no joining issues at all.

Hey dudes and dudettes!

I just wanted to check in.  I see the forum is busy and the tool is still heavily used.

As some have pointed out, I'm not super active at the moment. I'm very busy with life, recording music and touring around the world.  So I haven't even had time to play Arma myself for many months. (funny experience when a fellow Arma-buddy shows up at a gig in Austria recognizing me for my Arma-song. We had the best time. My manager had to tell me there were people waiting to get records signed... we got totally lost in talking Flashpoint memories. Best community ever!)

But I have not forgot about TADST. It's still my baby, and I will get back to do some critical updates as soon as i can. I hope to be able to fiddle with this later in spring. So keep your reports and requests coming. I will go over this thread when I'm back to it and pick up the most critical things. Can't wait to get back to it! 

// Tophe, Sweden.

• Like 9

I use TADST every single day! 

EDIT I use UPNP as an option but TADST doesn't seem to remember it (on version 2.96) .... will check on latest version, but it would be useful to remember that :)

This took me ages to work out .... initially I opened the correct ports on firewall and router (also enabled UPNP on it too), but server was never visible to the internet.  However I found that when I ran TADST (to use UPNP) it reset the router !  So I did an unobvious thing (well to me anyway) - I REMOVED the ports! 

Now to get my server to be open to the internet - all i have is the router set to UPNP and tick the UPNP box for TADST !

8 hours ago, kremator said:

This took me ages to work out .... initially I opened the correct ports on firewall and router (also enabled UPNP on it too), but server was never visible to the internet.  However I found that when I ran TADST (to use UPNP) it reset the router !  So I did an unobvious thing (well to me anyway) - I REMOVED the ports! 

Now to get my server to be open to the internet - all i have is the router set to UPNP and tick the UPNP box for TADST !

A nd what ports exactly........ And thanks for the info

You don't need any ports if using UPNP.  However otherwise it is UDP 2302-2305.

So I'm trying to use this tool to host for some friends on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, but I keep running into the problem of it not using the regular Arma 2 assets and only using Operation Arrowhead assets (We're trying to play "Escape from Takistan") and I cannot find any help anywhere about this issue. Any ideas?

EDIT: I got it working, I think I'm just retarded.

So i tried using this to make an arma 2 operation arrowhead escape takistan server and it worked sorta, i was able to join it but my friends, they were unable to so i was wondering how i can make it so they can join.

2 minutes ago, mank demes the cat said:

So i tried using this to make an arma 2 operation arrowhead server and it worked sorta, i was able to join it but my friends, they were unable to so i was wondering how i can make it so they can join.

Did you forward the necessary ports to host?

9 hours ago, mank demes the cat said:

do you mean enabling them in firewall?

No.

See which ports (there's 2) you have set TADST to use. Also, note down the IP of the hosting machine. In the router, find 'port forwarding'. You need to forward the port TADST uses to the IP of the host machine.

Are there any tweaks to TASDT that have to be used with a dedicated Arma 3 server, or should the settings work out of the box?

It will work out of the box, though it will only fire up the 32 bit server.

To make it start the 64 bit version, rename the armaserver3.exe to something else, then rename the 64bit server executabe to arma3server.exe. In other words, make the 64bit executable have the same name as the 32 bit, which is the one TADST expects to find and run.

Thanks! Stupid question perhaps, but for small-scale coop (4-8 people, and while I'm hoping for more, I doubt we'll ever be more than 10), is there a noticeable benefit in going with the 64-bit server? Then again, I'm hoping to check out whether the group might like Antistasi, so I guess the larger-scale game systems would benefit from the server using the 64bit executable.

Unknown. I'd go for the 64 bit either way, to be honest.