tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

40 minutes ago, darkfurby1 said:

Sure!

• Find the folder that Steam saves the workshop mods to (should be something like Steam/SteamApps/Workshop/Content/105480

• Inside that folder with the weird number (105480 in my case) theres a TON of folders with random numbers on them.

• Go to the webpage for the desired workshop mod on Steam. If you look at the URL it will end in the number that corresponds to the folder on your computer.

• Manually add the folders to TADST that correspond to the workshop mods you want.

ALSO! Use the sim-link in the Arma 3 root directory (!workshop). Make sure you have Show Hidden Folders enabled in Windows. It contains shortcuts to the mod folders without having to use the Steam Workshop UID.

Thanks, figured this would work but the hassle of having to reopen the old school directory browser menu to add a new folder is quite lengthy, if it's the only way it'll work I'll have to deal with it :P

My only question about TADST is, when you have a server only mod, how do you implement this?  IniDBi2 is needed for a mission...

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 0:45 PM, darkfurby1 said:

My only question about TADST is, when you have a server only mod, how do you implement this?  IniDBi2 is needed for a mission...

I think I found it: in "extra parameters", put -serverMod="path of your Indbi2 mod" and save.

Hope it will help. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, vastiny said:

Thanks, figured this would work but the hassle of having to reopen the old school directory browser menu to add a new folder is quite lengthy, if it's the only way it'll work I'll have to deal with it :P

There's a much easier way actually, if you enable viewing hidden folders there should be a !Workshop hidden folder in your Arma 3 directory.

Hello guys,

i used the tool to set up the server and it worked nice but i do have a problem now..

I downloaded the -RC-Branch Arma 3 server- via Steam on a dedicated server. (Windows)

After this i followed the instructions to install the TADST. 

Next i started the server and it went online. Everything was fine.

I updated my client Arma 3 on RC Branch as well.

The problem now is that i can´t find the server in the Arma 3 Launcher but i can find it in the ingame serverbrowser by using direct connect and enter the IP.

I tried to connect on it. After a view secs i got an error " Yor were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed."

This throws me back into the serverbrowser.

I don´t know if it´s useful but i attched the rpt file too...

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12318426/arma3server_x64_2017-02-17_16-25-03.rpt.html

18 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is TADST really not going to work with 64-bit? Can anyone confirm?

I second that question.

Hi all, im having some troubles to remove the death messages with Tadst in my server, I edited in the server line it also, but still showing the death messages. Anyone know why?

/waves 

Does anyone know if this utility is ever gonna be updated?

I know that some active users have had luck reaching out to Tophe privately. I'm under the impression he's a busy guy in real life and doesn't follow the forums anymore, but would be willing to edit this tool if an Arma update broke something.

But he'd need to be made aware.

I'm not asking anyone that doesn't know him to hunt him down or anything, but if any of the folks here that have talked to him have the time, yes, TADST needs an update.

• Like 4

Change armaserver_64.exe to armaserver.exe and it works fine

rename the original armaserver so you dont loose it

• Like 3

15 hours ago, zonekiller said:

Change armaserver_64.exe to armaserver.exe and it works fine

rename the original armaserver so you dont loose it

Thanks man, that's what I needed. Such simple solution though :D 

After yesterday 5GB patch my friends cant connect to the server..... everything was OK before the patch.
Can someone help what to do?

Thank you

The most obvious reason is that your server is still 1.66 and the clients are all 1.68. I would start by confirming server version. The dead giveaway is that when you see your server in the in game server browser, it has a red X instead of the red or green dot icon and required version in the lower left says 1.66.

If the server icon is a red dot, then you have some addon issue to resolve and need to determine which one is the offender.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 23rd Infantry Division said:

UPNP failed, an yes I've done the correct port

What do you mean it doesn't work? I'm actually having a problem joining my buddy's TADST server ("connecting failed!), and I have zero clue why, but I couldn't even see his server until he checked the UPNP checkbox.

Now I can see it, but I can't join.

Is anyone else able to join a TADST server right now?

I just connected to my TADST with UPNP without problems.

If you don' have UPNP turned on you have to make a proper forwarding on router behind is TADST,

6 minutes ago, kromka said:

I just connected to my TADST with UPNP without problems.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I can join my own server hosted on my own PC without problems. I just can't join my friend's when he hosts his on his PC. 

Is anyone else able to join you? I'm specifically looking to make sure people not playing on the host PC are able to join TADST servers right now.

I join to my server not by 127.0.0.1 but by external IP taken from whatismyip.com

Also I've found it in Arma3 browser with external IP.

Otherwise i wouldn't mention about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kromka said:

I join to my server not by 127.0.0.1 but by external IP taken from whatismyip.com

Also I've found it in Arma3 browser with external IP.

Otherwise i wouldn't mention about it.

Thanks. Yeah I don't know what's wrong for me then. I can see his server in the server list no problem. And he's running a mission I made so I know the mods I'm using are right.

Its just I get "connecting failed!" when I try to join him. I asked him to go over his port forwarding and firewall again so we'll try it again soon. 

If he is running dedicated server, he should read something from console or log of server and he should be able tell if your connection trial is even seen by server.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is anyone else able to join a TADST server right now?

I've had players joining my TADST launched server just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Recently, with 64-bit on 1.68?

Yes mate.

• Like 1