tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Hi all, im still having issues with difficulty setting when using TADST to launch my server. I can launch mission fine with TASDT but as soon as the admin changes the mission via "#missions" the next mission is back to default difficulty.

Has anyone found a solution for this or am i missing something simple?   

Bit of a bug in the voting settings. When you deselect "Voting Enabled" it sets the vote threshold to 1.5 which no longer blocks voting completely from what I've read. I was able to vote myself admin when I was the only player on the server. Not a major issue for me since it's a private server, but for others this could be a severe problem.

The correct method for blocking voting is to add the following to the config.

allowedVoteCmds[] = {};

Where I found this info: http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=1470.0

I'd also like to suggest adding the ability to add custom lines to the config. The above mentioned fix keeps getting erased every time I edit the config with TADST. I know you'll probably fix the voting in the next release, but custom config entries could help assist with any similar problems in the future.

By the way thanks for making this awesome utility, without which I would have never been able to wrap my head around server administration initially. :)

So I take it this isn't going to be fixed? Vote threshold seems to have been changed from 1.5 to 1.6 which has had no impact. I'm still able to vote myself admin when no one else is on the server.

Also an issue with the new difficulty settings. I'm unable to set the following VIA TADST:

commands=2;
            waypoints=2;
            weaponInfo=2;
            stanceIndicator=2;

The value of 2 causes them to stay on screen without fading out. Waypoints are insanely difficult to use when they turn invisible after 3 seconds.

I have tried all the googling I can. Been trying to run the server with TADST, tried multiple settings. I can't tell if it's something stupidly easy that I'm blind or I'm actually having a more convoluted issue. I've opened the required ports on both my firewall and router settings. I can only see my server on LAN and My friends cannot see my server at all. They tried directly connecting with steam and within arma 3 client(direct connect). I've tried TADST with and without uPNP. I'm just trying to run a vanilla server, but that should have nothing to do with being able to see the server online. I'm open to any suggestions as to what I should do, but so far I'm forced to host within the Arma client and the scenarios we are trying to play don't work well when not on dedicated.

I have tried all the googling I can. Been trying to run the server with TADST, tried multiple settings. I can't tell if it's something stupidly easy that I'm blind or I'm actually having a more convoluted issue. I've opened the required ports on both my firewall and router settings. I can only see my server on LAN and My friends cannot see my server at all. They tried directly connecting with steam and within arma 3 client(direct connect). I've tried TADST with and without uPNP. I'm just trying to run a vanilla server, but that should have nothing to do with being able to see the server online. I'm open to any suggestions as to what I should do, but so far I'm forced to host within the Arma client and the scenarios we are trying to play don't work well when not on dedicated.

Check your server IPV4 address. Usually it's a 10.0.0.3 << last number can be different. Make sure this ipv4 number in your router matches your port forward and firewall settings to the correct address so it knows which computer to open ports for. If you use antivirus do a special traffic allow for arma3 and steam.

Does anyone know why people get the error "You were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed" when people try and join the server?

I'm getting "Session lost" and being thrown out instantly whenever I try to join to server. What could the issue be? I'm in Arma 2: OA.

Server RPT: http://pastebin.com/Nw5Nwfa7

Server netlog: http://pastebin.com/j7z19XQC

Client RPT: http://pastebin.com/87pMJEFt

TADST_basic.cfg: http://pastebin.com/P0gPBp5v

TADST_config.cfg: http://pastebin.com/kjr91X0z

Most of the errors are related to mods, but I get the same issue with mods disabled on both client and server (and despite of the signature check setting which has been set off) and regardless whether BE is running on server or not.

Hey all iIm been having a problem now where the game is stuck on creating. Brand new install of ARMA and TADST. On TADST all that happens is

10:54:32 Dedicated host created.
10:54:35 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.214)
10:54:35 Host identity created.
10:54:35 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
and then just stops. I'm trying to get a BMR map to work btw.
nevermind i got it to work

Having a problem:

Making a mission, trying to test it on dedi, and it's throwing this "19:42:35 You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. ace_tacticalladder" despite the fact that ACE is loaded and the mission doesn't actually use that.... Checked the .rpt, the addons are loaded on the server, and on the client. Any ideas what's up?

WE NEED HELP TO OPERATE THE LOCAL SERVER DEDICATED FOR A WIFI NETWORK OR LAN !! - WE ARE DOING ALL THE STEPS WE FIND IN THE VIDEOS OF YOUTUBE AND EVEN SO IT DOES NOT WORK! -Our server is to play on a local network without access to the internet !! ... WE ARE USING THE TADST.exe VERSION 3 MAYBE BE THE VERSION OF TASDT THAT DOES NOT WORK WELL. PLEASE, SOMEONE CAN HELP US WHEN WE MARK LOOPBACK I CAN ACCESS, EVEN PLAY THE DEDICATED SERVER'S MISSIONS. BUT DOES NOT LET THAT THE OTHER PARTNERS OF THE LOCAL NETWORK JOIN. THE EXPULSES EVEN REMOVING THE KICK ... SOMEONE CAN HELP US? WE DO NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN BE HAPPENING. WE DO NOT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION! IT IS ONLY LOCAL, LAN AND WIFI. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO US, YOU ALWAYS TRY TO CONNECT AND NEVER COMPLETE .... THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME ... WE CAN GET HELP !!! Here I leave the video of the steps that we do and still does not work. But frame LOOPBACK will not let me start the missions or see the maps. But when I do not let the others enter the game. Following your steps is connecting and does not start. We play with 5 pc's connected by network cables. Please, if you can help, we would thank you forever!

On 2016-09-24 at 7:59 PM, xLuftx said:

In the console there should be a line that looks like this:
10:54:35 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
You need both of those ports forwarded if you haven't forwarded them already. The second one will allow your server to show up on the Internet list. If people still can't connect then I'd suggest posting elsewhere for instructions on port forwarding. If the server is running but not responding then it's likely a port forwarding or networking issue. If it's responding but not letting people in then it would likely be a server issue. I'd recommend posting elsewhere as no one reading this thread is really looking to assist people with server setup issues and tophe has likely given up on trying to assist every single person asking for help with issues not directly caused by TADST.

On 2017-01-10 at 0:05 AM, zaksle75 said:

None of my friends can see it and its only LAN

Same as above, make sure the second port is forwarded for the server to show up in the Internet list.

I've ticked only camera shake for each difficulty, still getting "was killed by" messeges, I don't think the profile is even loading. Anyone has the same problem?

This thing hasn't been updated in ages has it? It is unlikely to be working properly.

16 hours ago, Incontinentia said:

Works perfectly for me...

There are some quirks (markers fade on difficulties they shouldn't, and a couple other things that need to be updated) but all in all it still works for me too. I use it all the time.

On 2/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, goldenfiver said:

I've ticked only camera shake for each difficulty, still getting "was killed by" messeges, I don't think the profile is even loading. Anyone has the same problem?

You probably need to select custom difficulty in the difficulty tab, then type #missions in the console in the lobby while logged in as Admin, and select custom difficulty there too for your changes to stick.

TADST definitely can use an update (and I haven't tried this exact setting), but all in all like I said above, the program still works for the most part.

• Like 1

Is there any way at all to select Steam Workshop mods in TADST without having to copy them as local mod? This hurts my soul due to being low on disk space and having big mods such as CUP terrains and RHS.

1 hour ago, vastiny said:

Is there any way at all to select Steam Workshop mods in TADST without having to copy them as local mod? This hurts my soul due to being low on disk space and having big mods such as CUP terrains and RHS.

Do not believe so.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, vastiny said:

Sure!

• Find the folder that Steam saves the workshop mods to (should be something like Steam/SteamApps/Workshop/Content/105480

• Inside that folder with the weird number (105480 in my case) theres a TON of folders with random numbers on them.

• Go to the webpage for the desired workshop mod on Steam. If you look at the URL it will end in the number that corresponds to the folder on your computer.

• Manually add the folders to TADST that correspond to the workshop mods you want.

ALSO! Use the sim-link in the Arma 3 root directory (!workshop). Make sure you have Show Hidden Folders enabled in Windows. It contains shortcuts to the mod folders without having to use the Steam Workshop UID.