tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

On the missions tab make sure you select the mission then the difficulty level you want, probably custom.

I can't be sure if this as not home. But will check later.

You can set default difficulty for all mission as well.

On the missions tab make sure you select the mission then the difficulty level you want, probably custom.

I can't be sure if this as not home. But will check later.

You can set default difficulty for all mission as well.

Yeah, I set to all variants that I can see, but nothing. I just can't figure it out. I'm not well versed with .bat, so this is hurting us quite a bit at the moment. 

With the latest update 2.96, I could not enter my own server. The reason is that the configuration of filepatching not match, looks for TADST error.
In the TADST_config.cfg file generated in the profile, check the option filepatching (in my case with value 2), this generates the line:

allowedFilePatching = 2;

Compared to my previous setup, I have seen that P should be lowercase, I've changed to lowercase, and now it works.

allowedFilepatching = 2;

So it seems, TADST puts the command incorrectly.

Also I have a request. In the list of addons, you can only move one by one. It would be possible to admit a multiple selection of addons? So it would be easier to put them in order, especially with each new patch that makes me loathe all;)

With the latest update 2.96, I could not enter my own server. The reason is that the configuration of filepatching not match, looks for TADST error.

In the TADST_config.cfg file generated in the profile, check the option filepatching (in my case with value 2), this generates the line:

allowedFilePatching = 2;

Compared to my previous setup, I have seen that P should be lowercase, I've changed to lowercase, and now it works.

allowedFilepatching = 2;

So it seems, TADST puts the command incorrectly.

Also I have a request. In the list of addons, you can only move one by one. It would be possible to admit a multiple selection of addons? So it would be easier to put them in order, especially with each new patch that makes me loathe all ;)

Sounds weird. According to all documentation it's allowedFilePatching. Never heard of that problem. It's always been with  capital P in TADST.

• Like 1

Been using an old version for ever, but have just updated to the recent version and unfortunately it doesn't work.  When double clicking on the shortcut (yes placed in the server directory, as before) nothing happens (spinny blue wheel for 2 secs) then nothing else.  Any ideas before I revert back to my old version ?

Been using an old version for ever, but have just updated to the recent version and unfortunately it doesn't work.  When double clicking on the shortcut (yes placed in the server directory, as before) nothing happens (spinny blue wheel for 2 secs) then nothing else.  Any ideas before I revert back to my old version ?

If you haven't already, try deleting all of your old Profile info. Pretty sure it's mandatory to use this update, you need to "start over."

I seem to have it working now.  For some reason it didn't like sitting in my dedi server directory (even with deleting old TADST folder).  Cheers.

I am having issues using TADST to set the difficulty option of waypoints to be on permanently rather then fade out after a brief time.

How do i do that with this tool as there is only a setting to turn it on and off?

Can someone help me out in telling me how do achieve this setting?

Thanks heaps. :D

Make sure you delete your old TADST folder before starting it.

I've just deleted my old TADST folder and I'm getting nowhere with the difficulty settings. Seems anything I try returns with the default difficulty settings. Otherwise, 2.96 is awesome (especially like the AutoInit option). Any ideas for some way to change difficulty options? 

• Like 1

I've just deleted my old TADST folder and I'm getting nowhere with the difficulty settings. Seems anything I try returns with the default difficulty settings. Otherwise, 2.96 is awesome (especially like the AutoInit option). Any ideas for some way to change difficulty options? 

I'm still having exactly the same issues, no matter what I try or who I ask. There's no help on this one, it seems. It's incredibly infuriating as I'm going to have to ditch TADST and learn how to make the bat files to launch the servers. 

I'm still having exactly the same issues, no matter what I try or who I ask. There's no help on this one, it seems. It's incredibly infuriating as I'm going to have to ditch TADST and learn how to make the bat files to launch the servers. 

I found my issue (which is the same as yours I think?). Essentially, you now have to set the difficulty for each individual mission on the missions tab (there's an option there which you can then select recruit / regular / veteran / custom and it works fine from then on for that specific mission) rather than the difficulty settings tab. Give that a go, it was how it ended up working for me. I got too used to how TADST worked a couple of months ago!  

• Like 1

I found my issue (which is the same as yours I think?). Essentially, you now have to set the difficulty for each individual mission on the missions tab (there's an option there which you can then select recruit / regular / veteran / custom and it works fine from then on for that specific mission) rather than the difficulty settings tab. Give that a go, it was how it ended up working for me. I got too used to how TADST worked a couple of months ago!  

Amazing. I can't believe I overlooked that so many times. Thanks so much. 

Amazing. I can't believe I overlooked that so many times. Thanks so much. 

Awesome, glad it worked! Was getting me pretty infuriated last night and couldn't believe I missed it either once I worked it out. 

Yup, that's the way ;-)

A quick question about setting difficulty.

I'm noticing within the TADST tool, selecting the difficulties isn't changing the checkboxes or skill set. For instance, selecting Veteran within TADST still has 3rd person view checkmarked. Ideally I'll like to see what's checked and unchecked when cycling through the difficulties to see what I'd prefer most (which is probably a hybrid between Regular and Veteran).

The same holds true for the AI Skill and precision; they say .75 and .50 regardless of which difficulty I select.

Is this intentional? All of the settings seem to reflect Regular defaults within the TADST tool.

Since 1.58 only way to change default settings is to create a custom difficulty.

You then need to go to the missions tab and select your mission. Then select custom from the difficulty.

Save and launch

A quick question about setting difficulty.

I'm noticing within the TADST tool, selecting the difficulties isn't changing the checkboxes or skill set. For instance, selecting Veteran within TADST still has 3rd person view checkmarked. Ideally I'll like to see what's checked and unchecked when cycling through the difficulties to see what I'd prefer most (which is probably a hybrid between Regular and Veteran).

The same holds true for the AI Skill and precision; they say .75 and .50 regardless of which difficulty I select.

Is this intentional? All of the settings seem to reflect Regular defaults within the TADST tool.

The check boxes and skill/precision is only for configuring the custom settings. The Default difficulty dropdown sets server default. You can't really change settings for anything else than Custom, that's why the settings only reflect that. I understand it would make sense to at least show the static difficulty settings in the boxes (and maybe grey the whole thing out).

But still, you can set the default difficulty to veteran, and then have it set to custom on individual missions which then would still make you need to be able to change the custom settings (even with another default difficulty selected)

Right I understand that part with #missions.

I was more or less asking if the checkboxes and precision (etc) was intentionally only showing Regular default or making a feature request for the attributes to visually change when cycling through the difficulties so I can see what's being changed.

What I mean is, I'd like to visually see what happens when moving from Regular to Veteran so I know what the game is adjusting. I don't have the changes memorized so a visual representation within the tool would be useful.

Am I making sense?

Pretty sure it used to work this way with TADST prior to 1.58 and it was nifty.

Right I understand that part with #missions.

I was more or less asking if the checkboxes and precision (etc) was intentionally only showing Regular default or making a feature request for the attributes to visually change when cycling through the difficulties so I can see what's being changed.

What I mean is, I'd like to visually see what happens when moving from Regular to Veteran so I know what the game is adjusting. I don't have the changes memorized so a visual representation within the tool would be useful.

Am I making sense?

Pretty sure it used to work this way with TADST prior to 1.58 and it was nifty.

I understand what you mean. It worked that way earlier because you could set custom settings for all levels of difficulty, whereas now you can only set for custom. So therefore custom is the only one that is shown. I'll think about a good way to visualize this in the future...

• Like 1

Guys, I'm at a loss.

I did the following:

1. Install server from steam (windows)

2. copy tadst into the folder

3. copied mods I want to run the server with from my arma3 client (so they should be 100 % identical)

4. copied the ace_server.pbo from opt to addons in ace

5. added userconfig/ace/serverconfig.hpp to server userconfig

6. changed mod order to what I believe to be correct mod  loading order

7. started tadst, setup and run server

8. started client

1. Two instances of the server get started, I have no clue why

2. some mods show up red in the server addon box

3. I get disconnected immediatly after trying to connect

Seems to work with loopback?

Here are the client and server rpts if anyone wants to take a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3UwVAEkxk4TLTFJWHUwbWlxQ1U/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3UwVAEkxk4TWWdrUngtcU1MeVk/view?usp=sharing