tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

a84ade3e1e.JPG

Crap I released a bug :-) I fixed it. Releasing a new one in a few minutes

Ok, v2.91 is out fixing this bug. Use the alternative link until Armaholic have published it. They usually take a day or so nowadays.

Thank you Tankbuster for pointing this out!

• Like 1

Yep, that's working fine. Thanks mate. Couldn't do this without you! :)

Hey tophe, just to let you know, selecting Custom difficulty in the map tab returns:

class Missions
{
	class Mission_1
	{
		template = "name_of_the_mission.Altis";
		difficulty = "";
	};

};

Selecting Expert will return Custom, although.

Thanks!

Hey tophe, just to let you know, selecting Custom difficulty in the map tab returns:

class Missions
{
	class Mission_1
	{
		template = "name_of_the_mission.Altis";
		difficulty = "";
	};

};

Selecting Expert will return Custom, although.

Thanks!

Thanks! There's one option to many in that drop down so it gets 1 off. I'll fix that tomorrow. Thank you!

• Like 1

Ok.. I fixed it real quick. Didn't update to a new version I just replaced the 2.91 version with the fixed one.

So download 2.91 again (with the alternative link. Armaholic has not published it yet). 

Thank you Toasterbr

• Like 1

Hey i have a BMR Insurgency server that we play on. The thing is im trying to figure out how to save the map when i close the server. I am trying to use inidbi to save it but im having troubles with. Could someone tell me what to do thank you.

Tophe,

Firstly, just want to say thanks for this tool - been using it without a hitch for years until the latest Arma updates kept breaking things. Now onto some bugs!

The crosshairs remain on even if turned off in the custom settings. I just can't seem to get them disabled for everyone server side.

I also can't seem to figure out the double server appearance, think it's been mentioned before as well.

Thank you for all you've done and especially this tool, means worlds to the community! 

Bonus pics:

TKYa8yB.png

j8IqLOL.png

Thanks Tohpe for the new version.

Any chance of adding in the autoinit option in a future version?

This is a command line paramter that when persistent battlefield is checked it will load and start the server with the first selected mission.

Good for those who have long startups on their missions. :thumb:

more of a reminder to ue the command line than anything else...

• Like 2

The program as always great, good job (although this time you have cast several bugs :P ). Please could you do so that every time you upgrade, you do not have to retype all the settings again? It really is very annoying, and I have not found any program never force me to do it before, thanks :D

• Like 1

This is a command line paramter that when persistent battlefield is checked it will load and start the server with the first selected mission.

I didn't know about autoinit. I'd like that on TADST too!

I also can't seem to figure out the double server appearance, think it's been mentioned before as well.

j8IqLOL.png

This isn't caused by TADST. By default, the dedicated server will listen on all known IP addresses. When you're hosting the dedicated server locally and open the LAN server browser, it will show 2 servers with the following addresses: 127.0.0.1 & 192.168.2.2 (or whatever LAN IP you get from your router).

To override this default behavior you can use the -ip parameter. For example:

arma3server.exe -ip=127.0.0.1 [+ the rest of your server startup line...]

Not entirely sure though, been a while. :)

The program as always great, good job (although this time you have cast several bugs :P ). Please could you do so that every time you upgrade, you do not have to retype all the settings again? It really is very annoying, and I have not found any program never force me to do it before, thanks :D

Yeah, now I had more people involved in the code so it was a bit harder to manage when I didn't have time to do all the research (great getting the help though!). Usually you don't have to reset the user profiles after update. But sometimes it's necessary since the profiles holds settings that might have been removed. I might do a overhaul of the serialization procedure in the future, but it's not on the top of my list right now...

more of a reminder to ue the command line than anything else...

Didn't know about that! Thx. It will come in the next release. It's just a plain startup parameter without any additional settings right? (except that it's skipped if persistent is off)

Didn't know about that! Thx. It will come in the next release. It's just a plain startup parameter without any additional settings right? (except that it's skipped if persistent is off)

Correct. If persistent is off the server will not start if autoinit is set to on.

Well from my testing any way.

More info here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

On phone so can't link directly to the autoinit section of the page. Sry.

Note mission parameters will be set to default if you use autoinit parameter.

Thnx

Correct. If persistent is off the server will not start if autoinit is set to on.

Well from my testing any way.

More info here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

On phone so can't link directly to the autoinit section of the page. Sry.

Note mission parameters will be set to default if you use autoinit parameter.

Thnx

It's implemented now. Coming in next release.

With the newest version, my group can't get the crosshair disabling to work. It returns WeaponCursor = 0; but the crosshair still shows up. All of the other difficulty settings are broken for us as well, for example even if we disable group markers they still show up. We've deleted the TADST folder and updated to the latest version, and are still having the same issues.

A bug I have noticed (not experiecing the one above), you removed expert from the default difficulty and so now when selecting custom it puts expert in the profile settings.

I scanned the last two pages so sorry if its been brought up before, is it possible to get a drop down for some difficulty settings that have the choice 0,1,2  like waypoints, hud etc.

Armyinf it has been mentioned by tophe. In a later version is planned

Perfect I figured it had, its why I tried to scan and search but nothing popped up! Thanks for the quick reply. 

Armyinf it has been mentioned by tophe. In a later version is planned

A bug I have noticed (not experiecing the one above), you removed expert from the default difficulty and so now when selecting custom it puts expert in the profile settings.

Yeah I noticed. Fixed now :-) thx! Will release today.

• Like 1