tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

I have emailed Tophe so hopefully he replies and then I can release it to you guys. I have tested it on our (6th AB) server and it works like a charm, it will require you to redo all your profiles but I think it is a price worth paying.

• Like 3

Hello friends! This thread stopped notifying me for some reason, so I missed all the new stuff going on. 

I'm working on a fix and I hope to release it this week. I would prefer to not have several versions floating around, since I get tons of support emails every week (though most of them are "yo tool brokenz. My serverz only visible on LAN, pleez fix now", which I take the liberty of ignoring). 

Would it be alright with you guys if Baconeo adds a link here in the thread for his fix, and then take it down when the official release comes? I have also answered Baconeos email and invited him to add to the source code.

Maybe also, Baconeo, if you could mark that version so that it's very clear that it's your fixed release. Just to make it easier for me to answer emails.

Also. Please point me to the most accurate and complete documentation of the new difficulty system. It will save me time trying to figure it out.

Thank for sticking in there everyone! Even though I'm not here as much as I wish right now, it's still the best game community ever! 

// T

• Like 5

Hello friends! This thread stopped notifying me for some reason, so I missed all the new stuff going on. 

I'm working on a fix and I hope to release it this week. I would prefer to not have several versions floating around, since I get tons of support emails every week (though most of them are "yo tool brokenz. My serverz only visible on LAN, pleez fix now", which I take the liberty of ignoring). 

Would it be alright with you guys if Baconeo adds a link here in the thread for his fix, and then take it down when the official release comes? I have also answered Baconeos email and invited him to add to the source code.

Maybe also, Baconeo, if you could mark that version so that it's very clear that it's your fixed release. Just to make it easier for me to answer emails.

Also. Please point me to the most accurate and complete documentation of the new difficulty system. It will save me time trying to figure it out.

Thank for sticking in there everyone! Even though I'm not here as much as I wish right now, it's still the best game community ever! 

// T

Tophe! I'm so happy you're here! I'm not in the least the most qualified to be posting you links but some discussion on the new difficulty system has been posted here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190130-difficulties-in-setting-difficulties-post-158/

And some talk here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190122-third-person-view-and-veteran-difficulty/

Here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190203-158-force-difficulty-settings-on-server-side/

And possibly maybe this link to the wiki (it used to say 1.58 specifically but now it's not so sorry if this is a not so good link): https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

In the threads above that I posted there is some good info so those would be your best bet. Also, servers for some reason are showing up twice. Not sure what the cause is but here's a thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190287-identical-servers/

Thanks a million for popping in!!! Your tool is the best and really makes my Arma experience a million times better. :)

Tophe, i spent a good 48hrs after the update trying to find any sort of official docs on the new changes, and i think that there lies the problem (have not looked in the last few days)  but i did eventually find out what the server spits out to the arma3profiles file.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/101123-tophes-arma-dedicated-server-tool-tadst/page-53#entry3014432

sorry if the formatting is horrible, i know little to none about the actual coding/format on how this is all made.. but in my 2-3 day search is all i could really find... hope it helps.

as for the actual update, what ever is easier for you, does not bother me either way.. just glad to know an update is soon coming :D

Thanks guys! And big thanks to Baconeo for bringing this to my attention.

• Like 3

Waiting for either Baconeo's interim version or Tophe's fixed version. This is badly needed!! :)

maybe im just doing something wrong, but i deleted all the profiles i had set, remade them using the 2.8 client.. but the custom difficulty does not seem to work it just revets it back to regular (set default diff to custom in diff menu and then also on the misison tab for selected mission)

further testing shows, i can set the mods i want.. load the server up.. login via console and then do #missions and set the difficulty that way and it sticks..

ah, ok.. thought i was for sure doing something wrong lol.

confirmed.. it works.. thanks again Baconeo :)

• Like 1

No worries, I accidently uploaded an older version. Glad it is all working fine.

This is why I love the ArmA community so much. This is what makes ArmA great.

Big thanks to Baconeo and Tophe!

• Like 3

I released it to Armaholic yesterday, the official release should be up soon.

• Like 1

I'm also having a problem with the two instances that show up in the server list.

I'll click on one and get an error that a specific asset cannot be loaded (meaning I get booted and can't play). Then I'll select the other instance and can play the mission fine.

Then I'll make sure to pick the other instance the next time I want to play and I'll get the error again.

Did you ever figure out the two instances that are showing up? I'm having the same problem and can't figure it out. 

Version 2.8 released. See first post.

• Like 1

Version 2.8 released. See first post.

Great news. Thank you so much.

Hows it going lads i am  wondering can someone explain to this old git where i am going wrong with this tool?

Came across this tool  a few days before 1.58 patch release and was  working sweet happy days then boom :(

Tophe releases fix :D  When i run this my server says 1.56 version? What am i missing here? And where am i going wrong?

Cheers...

BIS changed a lot of parameter names in 1.58, but TADST writes old settings names in .Arma3profile file.

For comparison:

TADST .Arma3Profile difficulty settings:

ThirdPersonView=0;
			armor=0;
			autoAim=0;
			autoGuideAT=0;
			autoSpot=0;
			cameraShake=1;
			clockIndicator=0;
			deathMessages=1;
			enemyTag=0;
			friendlyTag=0;
			hud=1;
			hudGroupInfo=0;
			hudPerm=1;
			hudWp=1;
			hudWpPerm=1;
			map=0;
			netStats=1;
			tracers=1;
			ultraAI=0;
			unlimitedSaves=0;
			vonID=0;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			ExtendetInfoType=0;
			MineTag=1;

BIS 1.58 .Arma3Profile parameter names:

groupIndicators=1;
			friendlyTags=0;
			enemyTags=0;
			detectedMines=0;
			commands=0;
			waypoints=2;
			weaponInfo=1;
			stanceIndicator=2;
			reducedDamage=0;
			staminaBar=1;
			weaponCrosshair=0;
			visionAid=0;
			thirdPersonView=1;
			cameraShake=1;
			scoreTable=1;
			deathMessages=1;
			vonID=0;
			mapContent=0;
			autoReport=0;
			multipleSaves=0;

Parameters with old names is not working (for example, waypoints and hudWp - task markers and movement markers, same with groupIndicator and Hud - hexagon icons  on squadmates) at all.

I think it can be easy fixed (just change parameter names in code since they're hardcoded) to fill Arma3Profile in 1.58 way.

"Read only" flag on TADST's Arma3profile is not working, server tool is crashing with exception when you try to start the server.

Edit:

I found that checkbox "Launch as is" allows manual settings in config files, so there are temporary fix (manually fix Arma3profile in TADST folder) until update drop.

Edited by sadfrog17

Thanks sadfrog. I'll check it out. This first one was a quick fix, with the help of Baconeo, to get it running again.

Surely I could just remove the recruit, regular and veteran settings from TADST since you can only set the custom one?

Reading up on the new system I realized there's a bunch of stuff I need to update.

Since you can actually only set the custom difficulty (not recruit, regular, expert), and some of the properties is not only on/off but 1-3.

I'm already on it, updating the GUI and settings. It will be out in a couple of days.

• Like 2

I really appreciate you putting all the hard work back into this. It's a brilliant tool and makes playing online so much more of a pleasant experience.