tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Yeah I didn't either.

I just gave it a quick launch with default difficulty (it plays the mission) but I don't know if you guys play ALiVE, for the life of me I can't get it to recognize @aliveserver. This file is needed for persistence.

It's checked like it's always been. Not sure what's changed.

i believe @aliveserver is only really used for the WarRoom thing, and like you said Hero, the persistence thing, but only in the sense of saving each clients location and vehicles when they log off.  im pretty sure its not needed for the normal ALiVE stuff.

i tried the format you posted above, the issue i run into is for the shortcut for a3server.exe, in the target line, i run out of room lol

guess in the mean time will just have to use the ingame menu to set the difficulty settings (#missions screen, game options, difficulty) till TADST is updated.

i believe @aliveserver is only really used for the WarRoom thing, and like you said Hero, the persistence thing, but only in the sense of saving each clients location and vehicles when they log off.  im pretty sure its not needed for the normal ALiVE stuff.

Oh lol. Yeah I'm aware of what it is. I use it to save and load my mission. :)

It's just not reading the file.

One of the devs of ALiVE told me to double check my mod line within TADST and make sure there are no spaces.

I.E. -@my mod = bad

@-my_mod = good :)

Will double check. Sorry that didn't work for you man. I can't even find server.cfg anywhere in my files so you got further than me. Have no clue where it would be placed.

ah.

i just took the example one BIS has listed on the wiki, in combination with a .bat file a friend of mine uses for their group.. slowly modifying it for our group.

been so long since i ran a server this way :(

When I host my server, I see two in the server browser... are there any solutions?

Tested on dev, performance, and stable build

• Like 1

When I host my server, I see two in the server browser... are there any solutions?

Oh yeah. I forgot. This is happening to me to.

It's not a huge issue I think, there aren't any performance hits or anything as far as I can tell.

It just bugs me a little bit  :P

have yet to get any of it to work yet.. any one else have any luck?

have yet to get any of it to work yet.. any one else have any luck?

Are you talking about just the difficulty or is the server not working for you at all even with default difficulty?

i can get it to work with the default difficulty settings, but when i modify them, the changes dont apply.

Yeah I've given up on that. I'm not computer savvy enough. If I were I'd just run my own server using steam.cmd and not this nifty tool.

Really really hoping Tophe isn't done with this.

yeah me to, since i posted i have been tryin to get a server setup with  out the tool, but got it to run and load up, but the difficulty modifiers cant be changed still ;(

after many many hours of trying lots and lots of differnt formats, i finally found one that worked.  

the below is our temp xxx.Arma3Profile file

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
class CustomDifficulty
{
class Options
{
groupIndicators=0;
friendlyTags=0;
enemyTags=0;
detectedMines=0;
commands=0;
waypoints=0;
weaponInfo=0;
stanceIndicator=1;
reducedDamage=0;
staminaBar=0;
weaponCrosshair=0;
visionAid=0;
thirdPersonView=1;
cameraShake=1;
scoreTable=0;
deathMessages=1;
vonID=0;
mapContent=0;
autoReport=0;
multipleSaves=0;
};
aiLevelPreset=2;
};
class CustomAILevel
{
skillAI=1;
precisionAI=1;
};
};
singleVoice=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
sceneComplexity=1000000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=3800;
preferredObjectViewDistance=3200;
terrainGrid=3.125;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=10;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;
Edited by thor2k4
  • Like 1

Do u have any plans for updating the mod.

Reason : because of the new update, Bi removed 3rd person from the Veteran difficulty level.

We run servers with veteran difficulty level with no crosshair, no hexagons, no map distance.

But now, we have to run in normal difficulty because we need third person, but all the crap comes with it like crosshair. Is their any way I can disable crosshair, no hexagons, no map distance.

Regards

I'm also having a problem with the two instances that show up in the server list.

I'll click on one and get an error that a specific asset cannot be loaded (meaning I get booted and can't play). Then I'll select the other instance and can play the mission fine.

Then I'll make sure to pick the other instance the next time I want to play and I'll get the error again.

usually the sign of not correct assigned and opened/forwarded ports, or multiple ports for a single server...

for only one dedicated server do open portrange "2302-2305" UDP and nothing else on your router, do NOT open the ports single, like "2302, 2303, 2304, 2305 !

unfortunately the wiki "https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server" is very confusing/misleading in explaining that

if anyone has questions on how to do this for several servers, feel free to pm and or ask me here in forum

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

no idea, at this point all i have found it just what i posted above. and set up your server via a .bat file.

I have fixed TADST for the newest difficulty changes however I can't release it without Tophe's go ahead.

• Like 5

I have fixed TADST for the newest difficulty changes however I can't release it without Tophe's go ahead.

Thanks a million, Baconeo. Hopefully you find a way to reach him and he gives you the ok.

This is easily the single most important mod/tool that I use. So easy, powerful and convenient. Thanks for putting in the work on updating it.

\o/ light at the end of the tunnel!  Like Heroe's said, one of the most, if not THE, main program we use.. cant wait for the release :)

Thank you!