tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

@thor2k4

@ferwindjacks

What are your needs? How many players, are your missions massive warfairs or small ones?

Maybe here you will find your answers (especially section "BANDWIDTH OPTIMISATION" in first post)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139003-tutorial-how-to-run-arma3-on-a-dedicated-server/

Probably there is no easy solution and tests are needed.

For up to 10 players in missions with low to moderate number of units I don't change anything and everything works fine.

@thor2k4

@ferwindjacks

What are your needs? How many players, are your missions massive warfairs or small ones?

Maybe here you will find your answers (especially section "BANDWIDTH OPTIMISATION" in first post)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139003-tutorial-how-to-run-arma3-on-a-dedicated-server/

For up to 10 players in missions with low to moderate number of units I don't change anything and everything works fine.

~60 people.

Large scale missions, thinking about splitting them up between our different units (we are a Task Force) but would prefer to stick together.

I'll check the link out.

Hi all I am realy confused as to what I should put in the performance section of this great tool.

here is my donwload and upload speeds

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5155876185

Please could you help

Server will never be no more than 5 players and we mainly play COOP missions.

We also run x1 headless client.

Thanks

Also we seem to get a fair bit of desync which is a pain this seemed to start when we started using a headless client.

Basiclay i play on my game rig and the server is on a diff pc running server and one headless client.

I connect to it via lan and my bro connects to me via wan.

any tips is it the headless client?

We see it mainly in antistasi mission.

@thor2k4

@ferwindjacks

we currently are running on clafgan, with anywhere from 15-25 people.  id say mission wise somewhere in the middle of massive and small.  im not the actual mission maker, i just run the servers but i will try and get a better size scale.

Hey guys I have a problem..

I think many ppl ask this question but I don't find it in the 50+ pages.

My Server is listed under LAN and not under Internet. So ppl can't find the server. I opened the Port UDP: 2302-2305,8766,27016 in the router and in the firewall from my PC. They still can't it.

What am i suppose to do that this works?

Since the update i get the difficulty error and can't change my .Arma3Profile file so hope this gets updated soon. :)

Yup definitely looking forward to this update!

:)

Yeah, I can now confirm that TADST difficulty stuff is 100% broken.

Someone is telling me you need to type #missions into the debug console on player select lobby and change your difficulty that way.

Can you check to see if that works?

Someone is telling me you need to type #missions into the debug console on player select lobby and change your difficulty that way.

Can you check to see if that works?

It does work, tried it yesterday.

You have to log in as an admin with #login <adminpassword> and then type in #missions. Finally, select the mission with the difficulty you want.

It does work, tried it yesterday.

You have to log in as an admin with #login <adminpassword> and then type in #missions. Finally, select the mission with the difficulty you want.

Thanks.

So for us TADST users, is there no need to copy/paste any new difficulty code into the server.arma3profile and server.cfg files? I like to use a custom difficulty (default Recruit with map turned off).

Super confused so thanks for clearing at least part of it up.

since the A3 update yesterday some of the TADST difficulty modifiers are not  working (hiding hud, enabling 3rd person,hiding hud wpt.. just to name a few).. anyone else confirm or is it something on our end?

since the A3 update yesterday some of the TADST difficulty modifiers are not  working (hiding hud, enabling 3rd person,hiding hud wpt.. just to name a few).. anyone else confirm or is it something on our end?

It was broke for me so i found a .bat and run that and finally got the server working somewhat and then i tried tadst for the hell of it and it all of a sudden works perfectly now, so confused.

yeah i have ran a .bat as well, but when i change the difficulty modifiers (from the defaults) none of them work..  guess we just live with what we got till its fixed :)

Maybe someone try this if they want to use a custom difficulty...

I'll post what I use and you can do with it what you wish.

In the server.cfg:

class Missions
{
	class Mission_1
	{
		template = "Mission1.Altis";
		difficulty = "Custom";
	};
};
In the serverprofile.Arma3Profile:

difficulty="Custom";
class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            autoReport=0;
            cameraShake=1;
            commands=1;
            deathMessages=0;
            detectedMines=0;
            enemyTags=0;
            friendlyTags=0;
            groupIndicators=2;
            mapContent=0;
            multipleSaves=0;
            reducedDamage=0;
            scoreTable=1;
            staminaBar=1;
            stanceIndicator=1;
            thirdPersonView=1;
            visionAid=0;
            vonID=1;
            waypoints=1;
            weaponCrosshair=1;
            weaponInfo=0;
        };
        aiLevelPreset=2;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=1;
        precisionAI=0;
    };
};
Change the numbers as you wish but this works fine for me.

Then on the lobby screen, login as admin, type in #missions, see if they can then select their custom difficulty and see if it sticks.

Also I'd assume you'd need to enter your own mission name(s) and obviously tinker with the settings themselves.

yeah im not at home either, but i will post back when i get a chance to try it.

didnt have any chance to try it out today, should later this weekend though, assuming they dont update TADST before then :)