tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Ok.. Now I have a few days off. Gonna get the critical stuff ironed out over the next two weeks.

Sorry for being so slow. Real life, family, work, touring has taken all my time.

I need your help!

I'm not looking for a wishlist right now, or for integration with new 3rd party mods and tools.

I just want to first get this thing rolling again.

So, those of you that have solid insight on server administration:

What do I need to update in the first release?

What is critical?

]

What is critical?

Do your magic stuff so (lots) of us can run a real dedicated in less than 30 seconds (like before)

Probably there is problem with clients who doesn't run a *global static IP (server never appears on list)

TADST was THE ONLY tool i used for dedi server from ARMA2 era..and long ago (steam crap) it's obsolete for me :/

Where is the latest information on AI configuration? There has been some problems with that. I want to get that sorted out for this release as well.

For some reason, whenever i start TDAST and launch, it Shows my PC name in multiplayer rather than, my server name i put in TDAST

Any ideas

Thank you

**Fixed** the PAYDAY police mod i was using, was changing it. ***

Edited by TheSh1tGamer

1. AI Setting, yes hard to find doc.

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=0.050000001;

precisionAI=0.1;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:AI

http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-ai-configuration (search for aiLevelPreset)

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2hrigf/question_about_arma_3_ai_difficulty_settings/

2. Headless Client

missing: headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Headless_Client

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188710-Arma3-Headless-Client-Guide

3. Steamport is set auto with gameport+1. the field: steamport should greyed out until i want to change it manual.

4. add manuel s.t. to the config within the tool. Like "Addition Parameter for config + addp for Server" CFGs. ATM i need to set tadst, then save it, open the cfg, write it down, save it, run tadst "AS IS".

optional Request/Feature:

- http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)&p=2920914&viewfull=1#post2920914

- The error log stuff and other log dont work for me or work strange on the main tool Window.

- Auto-add DLC/mods to load with Server.

- make mods to go invisible (i have some strange mods like n973egnq073gbq34 in my mod view)

- mod/mission list should auto refresh. forgot often the "refresh button" ;)

Edited by Numrollen

Where is the latest information on AI configuration? There has been some problems with that. I want to get that sorted out for this release as well.

Are you talking about AI skills? If you are, and I only speak for myself, I prefer to set the skills within the mission rather the server profile.

Great tool, Tophe - has run smoothly for a year and a half.

However - some simple missions run great on the Arma LAN, not on the TADST. When connecting to the server, the client freezes, while the server window fills up with "reading from the bank" ad infinitum. I wonder if there is a reasonable explanation for this? I thought it was a map mismatch (happened with All in Arma-maps). But testing revealed it happens with certain missions even on Altis.

If I may suggest an enhancement: A quick manual for common server issues/example config files, to attract more users for the tool. This can be added in the dl zip, a great value for server freshmen. Bangabob made one for EOS - it was of great interest when I started making missions.

The server itself is working beautifully for me, smooth as butter. However, I can't for the life of me get Persistence to work in my ALiVE missions. The missions will not communicate with the War Room at all. I've tried every step in the ALiVE War Room tutorial, I've deleted and redownloaded @AliveServer (making sure it was unblocked). I've tried putting the ALiVE server config in the app data section, the root folder of Arma...nothing.

Game runs great, plays great..but I can't get any communication with the War Room for persistence. Any help would be appreciated.

How do i change the IP of my server so people can connect to it? I have port fowarded and people still cant see my server. It is only on LAN

Regarding headless client support,

This is my first time attempting to use it.

ALiVE now has built in HC support.

The TADST dedicated server tool has an area to enable HC support on the module, including IP address for HC.

So, if I'm using both TADST and ALiVE, if I have HC support ticked in both, is the only other thing I need to do is place the Headless module in the editor to enable the Headless Client?

Just making sure there isn't a step I'm missing.

I also can't export data to the ALiVE war room... annoying.

Hi, i just configured everything neededin TADST (Ports redirection, parameters...etc)

problem is :

If i try to Host a server with TADST with mods enabled (@ace...) I get stuck on "Wait for Host" when i try to connect.

If i try to host a server without mods I can connect just fine. 

So, apparently TADST i bugged when trying to host a server with mods activated. it needs a fix. 

Same here :( !

Regarding headless client support,

This is my first time attempting to use it.

ALiVE now has built in HC support.

The TADST dedicated server tool has an area to enable HC support on the module, including IP address for HC.

So, if I'm using both TADST and ALiVE, if I have HC support ticked in both, is the only other thing I need to do is place the Headless module in the editor to enable the Headless Client?

Just making sure there isn't a step I'm missing.

Not enough, you need to add: headlessClients[]={127.0.0.1}; or whatever IP your HC has.

to ..\Arma 3\TADST\"profilename in TADST"(Default usually)\TADST_config.cfg

Then "Launch as is" and write protect (read-only) the config-file for good measure, the headlessClients-part gets deleted otherwise upon server launch.

Ignore errors TADST gives you, just continue.

If you did it correctly, HC will be able to connect, otherwise it gets kicked.

I need help with my TADST setup, so I just have the basic stuff like how the 1 minute tutorial showed me how to set it up,  I have everything portforwared how it should including battleye and everything in the log says it checks out and that I connected but on the client side I just sit there at the loading screen of the Stratis map.  What am I doing wrong or what did I do worng?  I have no password and the hardware running it is optimal and has run other servers before.  

Launching arma 3 server "read from bank" error

So I followed the rules to the T with the instructions and now I cant get any missions to load even just vanilla ones.  Whats wrong?? Please help.

Ok.. Now I have a few days off. Gonna get the critical stuff ironed out over the next two weeks.

Sorry for being so slow. Real life, family, work, touring has taken all my time.

I need your help!

I'm not looking for a wishlist right now, or for integration with new 3rd party mods and tools.

I just want to first get this thing rolling again.

So, those of you that have solid insight on server administration:

What is critical?

• Process monitoring, restart server on crash

Would be very nice.

• Process monitoring, restart server on crash

Would be very nice.

I use this: https://www.paessler.com/prtg

I actually use it at work as well. It has capabilities like that, but a little complicated to setup if you aren't familiar with server management (windows/linux). It's free for 100 sensors. It's a good way to track your server performance and get alerts too.

Launching arma 3 server "read from bank" error

So I followed the rules to the T with the instructions and now I cant get any missions to load even just vanilla ones.  Whats wrong?? Please help.

When it happens for me, theres a couple reasons.

1. Server and client don't have same mods activated. Check launch params.

2. Mission depends on something that either server or client doesn't have enabled (mods).

3. Devbranch, does not work with any of my missions. Stable is fine.

4. A simple re-saving of mission might fix it. If not, check the mission.sqm if there is some mod listed there that shouldn't. Remove it from Addons and Addonsauto, save SQM-file (Ctrl+S), go back to editor, re-save mission, try again.

Heres a quirk: I rename my mission everytime I save it. I click Intel and add a number or letter to the end. Because the mission doesn't seem to get saved otherwise. Similar issue has been present since OFP days. If you go Save as and rename it, you will have to move all sqf-files etc to the new folder created in My Docs. I can't be arsed to do that every time. But I do it from time to time to separate diff versions of a mission. So if anything gets screwed, I have backups.

That's what I can think of.

[sOLVED] TADST crashing when I click launch. Happening after 1.54 update.

Hello.

Any chance we can get -filepatching and allowedFilePatching = 1;

added to the options currently we run TADST with launch as is ticked so we can use the above settings.

Thank for such a cool tool !

[sOLVED] TADST crashing when I click launch. Happening after 1.54 update.

Have you found any fixes for this?

Have you found any fixes for this?

I did a couple of things that might have fixed it but I'm not quite sure about that.

First I reinstalled TADST and tried to open arma3server.exe manually but it didn't work so I created a shortcut of it in my desktop and tried again. 
When trying via shortcut it opened properly and TADST came back to life.

I'm not sure if those steps were significant but...

We have 3 admins to dedicated server box, but the problem is we dont see all running instance for all 3 of us.

If I run 1 instance other will not able to see it running on remote connect. Is there a way so we can see all the all 3 instance..

Thanks in advance..