tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

We have 4 servers with each his own MPMissions folder. Would be cool if i can start from mod folder and from each server.exe path it should take the mpmissions folder, not where the TADST.exe is. Or how do other people setup their dedicated? Atm i have 4 servers, each needed to update their mods, its horrible to update mods on every server, i just need 1 mod folder and point to the other games.

well i can play on a dedicated chernarus server for 15 minutes until the console says the game is finished and kicks me from the server. how can i stop this from happening so i can play for way longer with the same mission?

I hope I have time to look at it within a few weeks. There seem to have been a lot of updates to Arma since the last release.

It seems like they added a new server password parameter "serverCommandPassword" for use with a new serverCommand syntax. It would be awesome if you could add this to your program :)

When I try to join a server I'm currently hosting the only thing I see is a black screen and the 'stable version 1.42' box on the top right cornor(https://i.imgur.com/mNwpEU3.jpg). The game doesn't crash or freeze as if I press Esc it will bring me back to the server list.

Does it take time for the server to load, or did I do something wrong? Btw, this is how the little server box looks: https://i.imgur.com/3DTbhPQ.png

Edited by mal7house

When I try to join a server I'm currently hosting the only thing I see is a black screen and the 'stable version 1.42' box on the top right cornor(https://i.imgur.com/mNwpEU3.jpg). The game doesn't crash or freeze as if I press Esc it will bring me back to the server list.

Does it take time for the server to load, or did I do something wrong? Btw, this is how the little server box looks: https://i.imgur.com/3DTbhPQ.png

Same here. It works if I start the server bundled with game, but not with the standalone server

Same here. It works if I start the server bundled with game, but not with the standalone server

DarkWanderer I think I fixed the problem (at least for me), connect to the server that you created with your IP (https://www.whatismyip.com) and using 127.0.0.1, and don't search for it in the server list, do a remote connect.

DarkWanderer I think I fixed the problem (at least for me), connect to the server that you created with your IP (https://www.whatismyip.com) and using 127.0.0.1, and don't search for it in the server list, do a remote connect.

Unfortunately, that didn't help in my case - both me and my friend tried to connect, using all methods including global list search, direct IP connection using external IP, direct IP connection using local IP, and LAN server search. Unmodded server worked fine, modded did not - only switching to the server bundled with game helped.

It's possible, however, it is some mod dependency issue.

does anyone here know how to extend the mission timer with the @epochhive mod on a dedicated server?

I hope I have time to look at it within a few weeks. There seem to have been a lot of updates to Arma since the last release.

Any ETA plz ?

(no pressure^^)

idk if this has been answered, but i set up my server, it shows up in the list, it is running mods. when i connect, it just sits at the loading screen. any ideas?

idk if this has been answered, but i set up my server, it shows up in the list, it is running mods. when i connect, it just sits at the loading screen. any ideas?

having the exact same issue

another thing just popped up, upon shutting it down and trying to create another one the server only gets to this point

"12:37:39 Dedicated host created.

12:37:42 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.198)

12:37:42 Host identity created."

shouldnt it always say game port 2302 steam querry 8777 or whatever the number is, below host identity?. it only did that once for me...

Edited by Khan_Artist

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to have a whitelist to only show maps you check mark. I run two servers but different game styles, issue is when a voted admin changes the map they see every map in the MPmissions folder. Not sure if possible but be nice so even the stock maps don't show up too. Thank you for your time as this is a great app!

Hi,

I am having a bit of an issue with TADST running on a V-server.

Basically it is running fine with the exeption of one mission. If I load this mission with TADST on the V-server firstly it takes very long for the clients to download the mission file (about 15 min for 2129KB).

Then, when this is fianlly done and the players select theire slot the mission starts to load for a while and then everybody bounces back into the lobby.

As I say, I have this issue only with one mission. All other missions run pervectly on TADST with the same configuaration.

One might think it is a problem of the mission file, but if I host the mission from my normal PC it works perfect and erveyone can play.

Someone have an idea wht this may be ?

If needed, I could post the server log / RPT file.

Thank you so much in advance for any help :-)

Thomas

Hi, i just configured everything neededin TADST (Ports redirection, parameters...etc)

problem is :

If i try to Host a server with TADST with mods enabled (@ace...) I get stuck on "Wait for Host" when i try to connect.

If i try to host a server without mods I can connect just fine.

So, apparently TADST i bugged when trying to host a server with mods activated. it needs a fix.

Although I have voting enabled turned off, my logfile shows a public player logged in and changed the mission.

I notice that the config.cfg file doesn't have a line that says something to the effect of adminvoting = false, but does have the threshold. Part of file below;

motd[] = {
};
motdInterval = 3;

maxPlayers = 41;
kickduplicate = 0;
verifySignatures = 2;
requiredSecureId = 0;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;
voteThreshold = 1.5;

disableVoN = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 10;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "full";
BattlEye = 0;

from the logfile

5:36:37 Grumpy Old Man uses modified data file
5:36:37 Player Grumpy Old Man connecting.
5:36:39 Player Grumpy Old Man connected (id=xxxxxxxx).
5:36:53 Voted admin logged in, player: Grumpy Old Man, playerUID: xxxxxxxx, IP: 10.0.0.3:2304.
5:37:14 Game restarted

I' am having a problem with difficulty settings, I put them like in the pic, then I launch the server but then once in I find the difficulty set on regular instead of veteran

any tips ?

EDIT, Fixed

I have the exact same problem, could you help me fixing it since you know how to do it ?

Edited by bbone
giving reference of the quoted post

When I try to join a server I'm currently hosting the only thing I see is a black screen

You need to have a mission loaded in TDAST

The mission was loaded, and still the difficulty settings wouldn't change as I wanted.

But I have found a way to fix the problem : I let it in "regular" but changed all the parameters of the "regular" difficulty to make it like "veteran".

Thank you anyway !

Hi guys,

Trying to add new entries to server.cfg but it doesn't seem to save the changes when I launch the server. How can I add new entries to server.cfg and have them hold?

Regards

Can I make a Pvp server with tactical battlefield mod and how would I do that using the software provided

any who please tell me

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

Can I make a Pvp server with tactical battlefield mod and how would I do that using the software provided

any who please tell me

Edited by nokolai67

Hi guys,

Trying to add new entries to server.cfg but it doesn't seem to save the changes when I launch the server. How can I add new entries to server.cfg and have them hold?

Regards

After you have saved the cfg you will need to check the box "launch as if". If you don't TADST will overwrite all files with the current profiles variables.

any who please tell me

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

any who please tell me

This might help; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server&p=2947673&viewfull=1#post2947673

Hi,

I'm having some issues trying to start a dedicated server with TADST.

1. I installed Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead through Steam and setup TADST. The server launches nicely, however, when I try to start the game through Steam (on the same machine) it gives me "Failed to start game (app already running)". However, if I start the game first and then the server, I can connect and play, but if I quit and connect again, I get the same again.

2. Also (this is my original problem), I have the BAF and PMC addons, and with these installed I can actually start the game through Steam (not giving me the app already running error anymore), however, when I do this I get the "Session lost" error when trying to connect to the server.

I used to play this game with my friends over one year ago and used TADST, but things seem to have changed since then.

In TADST, I manually add the Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Expansion, BAF, and PMC directories to the mod list, since I recall I had to do this back then, but it doesn't work neither with or without this.

Any help?

Edited by LostOblivion