tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

copy the steam mission from your local steam mpmissions folder , make it pbo and put it in your mpmission folder.

Hey this is great. been using for some time on my personal DS. I have a question. apparently other players cannot see what mods are on my server in the expansion box when they use the server filter. Is there a way to do this so it shows that I have CBA_A3 to allow clients side mods for audio and visual effects.

Anyone have idea on this? I just want players to see mods in expansion box when filtering for server.

Just to add a note: While the server ports are all UDP, the Steam query port (default 8766) hast to be accessible via both TCP and UDP for the server to show up in the server browser.

I'll be working on this a bit again this spring. I might set up some kind of issue tracker for it, but this thread is gold to me.

Too much other stuff in the pipe I'm afraind. I have only played Arma 3 a few hours myself since release :-/

But I won't drop this project. So keep your bug and feature reports coming in. I'm especially interested in the latest info on all the port business... I'll also look into the Steam Workshop mission downloads.

Thanks for using and supporting TADST!

Does anyone know how to setup RCON while using TADST?

Not sure what you mean... the "#" commands you can type into chat? Set the "Admin Password" for example to "myPw" and then type "#login myPw" into the chat after connecting to the server. This should add "(Admin)" to your name in the lobby and the server will now react to the other commands, such as "#missions" to bring you back to the mission selection screen.

Or do you mean the debug console? If you need that, the mission you are loading will have to have "enableDebugConsole = 1;" added to its "Description.ext" file.

Not sure what you mean... the "#" commands you can type into chat? Set the "Admin Password" for example to "myPw" and then type "#login myPw" into the chat after connecting to the server. This should add "(Admin)" to your name in the lobby and the server will now react to the other commands, such as "#missions" to bring you back to the mission selection screen.

Or do you mean the debug console? If you need that, the mission you are loading will have to have "enableDebugConsole = 1;" added to its "Description.ext" file.

RCON as in the battleye tool that allows you to remotely connect to the server, allowing you to ban, kick, and send messages in red chat.

RCON as in the battleye tool that allows you to remotely connect to the server, allowing you to ban, kick, and send messages in red chat.

Sorry, as you might have guessed from my previous attempt at a reply, I have no knowledge of that tool.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I add missions to TADST? I have searched it up but couldn't really find anything, so I came here as a last resort. Any help is appreciated! :D

Put the mission files in your servers MPmissions folder, in TADST, go to the Missions tab, refresh, tick what mission you want to load.

I'm having trouble, all the doors are open correctly.

I've tried every possible way, first generate the server, then open the ArmA 3, first open the ArmA 3 and then generate the server, but not the right.

It lists the server correctly, select "go" type the password that is when the screen is completely black, does not carry anything.

Use the ArmA3Sync to start the game, I tried without it and also did not work, the same thing happens.

If I run the ArmAserver, the default that comes with the game works, but does not enter the missions created by the user, only those set standard.

Someone could find out what might be happening?

Thank you very much.

Hi Tophe, is there any chance to return to previous model of console logfiles naming? (as far as I remember that was before ARMA3)

In my humble opinion It will be better if logfiles will be named with for example : (date + time) stamp

Now I’m a little confused when log file was created if in my game profile (TADST) are a lot of logfiles

named with random digits. for example;

logfile_console_4144.log

logfile_console_4172.log

It is crucial when I’m trying to find in logs when hacker was on the server

or when something else happen on the server.

Maybe it will be also better to separate chat + console logs?

I'm also very interested in opinion of other users - so please reply to my post

about logging in TADST.

I'm also interested in how others searching logs to find hackers?

(which phrase exactly is necessary to find hacker which destroyed server)

Thanks and best regards.

Hello,

I seem to be struggling with hosting multiple server's using TADST,

I believe its to do with the "Steam Query Port",

There is an option to change this on Tophe's video but there isn't an option to change it on the 2.6 download,

What happens is, and it doesn't matter which mission file it is but only the first server will be functional, and the second just say's "Wait for host" when you try to join

I've tried adding "steamQueryPort = 27016;" to the first server and "steamQueryPort = 27017;" to the second server in the TADST server.cfg file manually on each server and its not worked. Also the ports are unique, them being 2302 and 2303.

Any ideas?

(Side note) I first became aware of it being to do with the the Steam Query Port when I registered the server to gametracker.com and the working server would be the one displayed even though I only registered the first server. (And its registering the working one even though they are on different ports)

+ Edit The server's are also running in different directories, different SSD's in fact and also they have different profiles,

Thanks,

Bings

Edited by Bings
More detail

Hello.

Although I didn't check the battleye tick box tadst starts the mission with battleye and it kinda a starts a different mission with ping increasing without end? Any ideas why? I have doubts that it is the mission but what from the mission could it be. It is a mission from steam which I edited by putting a few men more.

thanks for any help.

for the battleye thing , i have no clue , but for the mission ,because I also had such problems , If the mission has problems, then loads the next mission that you have selected in list.

headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};

its missing when activing "Enable HC" with the IP

:(

Is it possible to add this line manually? It overrides the tadst config everytime.

I've been messing with Democore's browser map but it needs to launch it's own server app.

So is there anyway TADST can be made to launch other applications before/after it starts the game server?

headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1"};

its missing when activing "Enable HC" with the IP

:(

Is it possible to add this line manually? It overrides the tadst config everytime.

If you edit the config you can tick the box "Launch as is" and it will not overwrite the config before launch. This if the only way to get TADST to work with headless client now, that I know of.

Hi, I have some problem setting difficulty on my server. As you may know from this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639109&viewfull=1#post2639109

skillFriendly

skillEnemy

precisionFriendly

precisionEnemy

are obsolete, now you have:

aiLevelPreset

skillAI

precisionAI

If you don't set this parameters arma use the three default settings:

AI LEVEL

aiLevelPreset AI LEVEL skillAI precisionAI

0 Low 0.5 0.2

1 Medium 0.7 0.5

2 High 0.8 0.7

In your tool there is no way to set this parameters, even if you modify the .arma3profile created by your tools and then insert the new parameters when you press the launch button the file is overwritten with the old obsolete parameters, and if you set the file read only the launcher give some error.

The only way is to export parameters, modify .arma3profile, and use the command line created by the launcher but it creates only A2profile and startup parameters don't stay in command line of the arma3server.exe so I had to make a batch file.

Edited by DuM3D0

Hi, I have some problem setting difficulty on my server. As you may know from this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639109&viewfull=1#post2639109

skillFriendly

skillEnemy

precisionFriendly

precisionEnemy

are obsolete, now you have:

aiLevelPreset

skillAI

precisionAI

If you don't set this parameters arma use the three default settings:

AI LEVEL

aiLevelPreset AI LEVEL skillAI precisionAI

0 Low 0.5 0.2

1 Medium 0.7 0.5

2 High 0.8 0.7

In your tool there is no way to set this parameters, even if you modify the .arma3profile created by your tools and then insert the new parameters when you press the launch button the file is overwritten with the old obsolete parameters, and if you set the file read only the launcher give some error.

The only way is to export parameters, modify .arma3profile, and use the command line created by the launcher but it creates only A2profile and startup parameters don't stay in command line of the arma3server.exe so I had to make a batch file.

You have to modify your files manually. Then tick the box which says "Launch as is" and it won't overwrite your files.

But yeah, the tool is pretty broken now unfortunately.

You have to modify your files manually. Then tick the box which says "Launch as is" and it won't overwrite your files.

But yeah, the tool is pretty broken now unfortunately.

Tnx, I'll try.. ;)

Hey man, everything was working fine until the marksman update for arma 3 just came out. I can't host anymore :( please update your server tool?

I hope I have time to look at it within a few weeks. There seem to have been a lot of updates to Arma since the last release.