tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Hey,

I use TADST for my 2 servers and it's work perfectly but I have problem.

I use mods (@CSE, @ALiVE, ect..) for my server but nothing is visible in the expansions :confused:

http://puu.sh/aGwYY/8c70042418.jpg (243 kB)

Do you have any solution ? Thank.

Hi, i am new here, have a question, build a server, for my friends and me.

We play the CTI Mission von Armaholic, some problems, but my question is.

Why i can not change the parameters for the mission. Like, how much money all have at the beginning and others.

Plus, why i can not get on the server as a admin ? get at the beginning the admin password, but nohting happens.

Can someone help ?

Thx for this nice Tool.

Why i can not change the parameters for the mission. Like, how much money all have at the beginning and others.

Plus, why i can not get on the server as a admin ?

Hi Bremer (greetings to your musicians, btw ;-)), yeah, you have both the question and the answer here, so you have to be admin in order to change parameters. But I dunno now, why you can't log in as admin...What exactly is the chat line command you give? It should be #login admin password, where password is, you can guess, the admin password.

regular arma3 syntax is #login password, not #login admin password :)

This is driving me insane. I simply can not get TADST to launch a CO server. I can launch a CO client on my server box, so it's all installed and initialized, but when I launch the server it throws "no entry" errors for CA files.

********Figures I spend an hour trying to troubleshoot and the after making this post I figure it out myself. To those interested the problem was caused by my "Message of the Day" containing parentheses in it.

Hello, trying to set up TADST with Arma 3. When I hit "LAUNCH" the Arma 3 loading window pops up. When the loading bar is near completion I get an error:

"TADST_config.cfg, line7: Config: 'G' encountered instead of ','"

The Server window in the top left creates with "20:32:44 dedicated host created" but when I hit the "OK" button the the error the error box and the server box both close.

Any ideas?

I've also hit the "reset" button within TADST thinking maybe I edited I line incorrectly but I get the same results.

Edited by DoRo

If there are no missions in the cycle list you might have to write "#missions" in the chat of the server after joining. Hosting works a little bit different from serving.

This doesn't work. I'm just stuck on the screen with an image of stratis when I press / and then type in #missions.

EDIT: Nevermind. I was kinda dumb. I tried typing that in before logging in as the admin. I logged in as the admin and then typed in #missions, and that worked. Ugh that was too frustrating. I really wish this was made more clear though. A simple sentence on the main page saying that you need to log in as admin and then type #missions to start the server with a blank mission list would be very helpful.

Edited by Cyprus

Ok, would like some advice regarding this topic. I have my DS set up correctly and ports forwarded. However I cannot find it on server list BUT can on Lan. But nobody else can find it. Ideas?

I will go back and check everything.

Ok, would like some advice regarding this topic. I have my DS set up correctly and ports forwarded. However I cannot find it on server list BUT can on Lan. But nobody else can find it. Ideas?

I will go back and check everything.

Updated post. I had to update my router, apparently, although I port forward all ports for steam and arma, my router, Dlink Dir 632 has another "rule" where I had to also include the ports to open through its firewall. I don't know, may be double security or something BUT now I can get remote connect, I haven't sit on steam server list too long to see if it comes up yet. I probably should. BUT at least headway.

Hi, i just downloaded TADST and its an amazing software which can help you so much. The thing is that i just created my own server with TADST but my friends can't find it.

I already activated the established gateways for open a server in Arma 3 which are: 2302, 2303, 27016, 2305 and 8766. Im using a TP Link router and this is the config:

ID - A) TRIGGER PORT - B) TRIGGER PROTOCOL - C) INCOMING PORTS - D) INCOMING PROTOCOL - E) STATUS -

1 - A) 2302 - B) UDP - C) 2302 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

2 - A) 2303 - B) UDP - C) 2303 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

3 - A) 2305 - B) UDP - C) 2305 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

4 - A) 8766 - B) UDP - C) 8766 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

5 - A) 8766 - B) UDP - C) 8766 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

I chose one server name and putted it at TADST and the port is 2302. I gave my friend my public ip + 2302 to search it from REMOTE option but nothing... antivirus: OFF, firewall: OFF... i dont know what to do :(

Hi, i just downloaded TADST and its an amazing software which can help you so much. The thing is that i just created my own server with TADST but my friends can't find it.

I already activated the established gateways for open a server in Arma 3 which are: 2302, 2303, 27016, 2305 and 8766. Im using a TP Link router and this is the config:

ID - A) TRIGGER PORT - B) TRIGGER PROTOCOL - C) INCOMING PORTS - D) INCOMING PROTOCOL - E) STATUS -

1 - A) 2302 - B) UDP - C) 2302 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

2 - A) 2303 - B) UDP - C) 2303 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

3 - A) 2305 - B) UDP - C) 2305 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

4 - A) 8766 - B) UDP - C) 8766 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

5 - A) 8766 - B) UDP - C) 8766 - D) UDP - E) ENABLED

I chose one server name and putted it at TADST and the port is 2302. I gave my friend my public ip + 2302 to search it from REMOTE option but nothing... antivirus: OFF, firewall: OFF... i dont know what to do :(

Does your router have an application rule like mine. I had to DL 116 pg manual and find this out. I had to add all that stuff again to allow the ports OPEN through the router firewall. I can now do remote connect to DS. Geez. so much work just to play the best broken PC game ever.:)

Also I don't see 27016 in your list.

Is there a way to use the config parameter "guaranteedUpdates = false;" when launching with TADST? If so, could you please explain how?

I have to computers on my home. Other computer has steam client and bought Arma 3 for it. Other computer is meant to be dedicated server. I downloaded steam and made new account for the second comp. Then I downloaded server tools from steam library->tools. Downloaded TDST and placed it in common\arma3. Serverfile is arma3server.exe Gave a name for my server and set passwords. Forwarded the ports 2302, 2303, 2305 and 8766. Then I put two maps in mpmissions. Finally launched the server and console window appears and everything seems to be working as it used to when I was doing it with arma 2.

The problem is first computer that has the game itself can't see the server. After I made some adjustments it finally found the server but it gives "you were kicked off the server" immediately after joining? I believe I had problems when trying to get to the server even when I tried it in lan mode!

Is the problem somewhere in my portforwarding or is it even possible to use tsdt the way i described?

Is there a way to use the config parameter "guaranteedUpdates = false;" when launching with TADST? If so, could you please explain how?

I don't believe so. that is a setting that has a required value (number).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

@Kuunmies: Could be a number of things. I believe for ArmA 3 you need a Registered version for each instance. A CD key for each. Which may be why you are being kicked.

The non "Server" folder and .exe can be used for Headless client connection to the ArmA 3 Server instance.

I have noticed ArmA 3 updates are quite frequent at the moment so making sure the version on the server or other machine is using the same patch (as your game pc) may also help.

ArmA 3 may have updated on your client and if using the same copy on the other machine (does work with the same key) may need an update. If a server instance is running, it cannot update.

We are not running multiple ArmA 3 instances, or any at the moment for that matter but we have not had to change anything in the basic or server cfg to see it listed or be able to join for that one.

What we did need to do on the server was to allow and application (the server .exe for each game) to work through windows firewall. And this may require a restart, depending on OS.

As for ArmA 2 since 1.63, there have been changes including the server using a steam and steam query port. We had to add extra lines to the standard server cfg for it to be listed in the browser and to be able to join.

TADST v2.6 does not write the extra ports to the cfg by default. I have tried to explain (as best as possible) the process and steps I took on a previous page in this topic.

Edited by MATR1X

Okay. I am having a very strange problem and I'd like to know if any of you can tell me what might be going on.

I've been running my server with TADST since it came out for Arma 3. Fantastic program, love using it instead of the command line/bat file.

Recently my group and I came out of hiatus and we wanted to play again. But now, the server crashes every time a few minutes into the mission. No known cause for a couple weeks until I find out CBA_A3 seems to be doing it. This seems to happen whether or not it's running on the server, but if a client runs it, it crashes the server. It also crashes if it's running on the server itself ("Arma 3 has stopped running" error).

So why am I here? Because I've found that I can run the server without TADST and it won't crash. Yet, even if I deselect all the mods in TADST and launch it through the program, it will inevitably crash if a client is running CBA, even if CBA is the only mod running on the client. And vice versa; if a client is running no mods, but the server is running CBA and nothing else, it will still crash the server.

So some part of TADST + CBA is crashing the server, on every mission, every time. Even a mission that BIS made will crash.

All of this is still happening after wiping Arma 3 from the server and all the mods, as well as all of TADST's configuration and starting completely anew.

I'd really love some help here. If all else fails I'll just use the bat file again, but I like TADST and I'd like to find out why it + CBA are causing my server to crash.

Here's an RPT where it happened, it's running more than just CBA but it shouldn't matter https://mega.co.nz/#!XxE0VBQZ!_iDu_62g2iq5UNibbDsomUI-wZckdUiiIG8KbXEJa_U

Wow! That is an impressive server mod set. There are a lot of errors relating to those mods in your rpt, which is not unusual. But you did write that it would crash with only CBA.

If you can upload a rpt with only CBA running, as you wrote, then it may assist another member who is knowledgable enough to help identify information that may relate to the crash.

I will setup and test ArmA 3 on our server with cba only launched sometime in the next few days and see what happens. I don't think I can be of any more help, but maybe someone else around might.

Ahh man, I forgot to change the version number in steamapi.txt!!! That was the solution. Now everything works :)

Thanks for Tophe for great server tool!

Just a quick note for the other chaps who use this wonderful tool.

I have downloaded and use the Arma 3 server from steam tools and point TADST at that when it asks for an exe. This way, you don't need a CD key and if it's also installed, you can use the normal copy of the game as a headless client or test user.

Mentioned here. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3_Official_Tools

Here is an RPT without any mods running. I have determined that it is not TADST that is causing this error. There is some parameter or set of parameters in the server config that seems to be causing it. I thought I would just give up on TADST and run the server through a batch file, but I just tried a vanilla mission on it with no mods running, but with CBA running on my client machine, and it still crashed the server. I know this is probably no longer for this thread, but here's my RPT file for the server with no mods, run only through a batch file.

http://pastebin.com/QqZSwptL

I am heartbroken, dismayed, and almost completely defeated at this point. Any leads would be appreciated.

Here's a pastebin with CBA running through TADST. It took a bit longer to crash, but it crashed all the same.

http://pastebin.com/u1k1Nv11

Edited by GDent

I have to computers on my home. Other computer has steam client and bought Arma 3 for it. Other computer is meant to be dedicated server. I downloaded steam and made new account for the second comp. Then I downloaded server tools from steam library->tools. Downloaded TDST and placed it in common\arma3. Serverfile is arma3server.exe Gave a name for my server and set passwords. Forwarded the ports 2302, 2303, 2305 and 8766. Then I put two maps in mpmissions. Finally launched the server and console window appears and everything seems to be working as it used to when I was doing it with arma 2.

The problem is first computer that has the game itself can't see the server. After I made some adjustments it finally found the server but it gives "you were kicked off the server" immediately after joining? I believe I had problems when trying to get to the server even when I tried it in lan mode!

Is the problem somewhere in my portforwarding or is it even possible to use tsdt the way i described?

I have it set up as you. I have a router in which I had to not only open the ports but also allow ports open through firewall. IF you have router check that, also make sure the DS server OS allows incoming/outgoing for arma3. TDAST works fine for me now AFTER I adjusted the wireless router. I also have to use LAN on my gaming PC to find DS. I have a network, its funny everyone else can see it on steam server, just not me and its in the other room.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Do you guys know how to set a auto reset time with this?

Thanks!

Probably something you need to set up in "server scripts" tab. Find a auto restart script. that's a MAY BE.