tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Absolutely! Essential install.

Any chance of the bit I mentioned about the 'monitor RPT' button? It opens the TADST rpt monitor now, but if there is an application associated with *.rpt, could it open in that?

Yeah, I started looking at that. The monitor button will still work the same, since it updates live. But the Open button I will try and make it look for an associated program.

Ah yes, I see that now. 'Open' fires up notepad whereas 'Monitor' launchers your own viewer. :) Yeah, if 'Open' could launch the application associated with *.rpt, that'd be immense.

Although I've only just downloaded this, but my friends and I can't see my server. I have no idea what most of these functions do but I entered the settings I wanted and clicked launch. I got 2 errors on startup: "desert_e requires ca_e" and "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgsurfacecharacters.sparseweedsclutter'" in case they mean anything.

Although I've only just downloaded this, but my friends and I can't see my server. I have no idea what most of these functions do but I entered the settings I wanted and clicked launch. I got 2 errors on startup: "desert_e requires ca_e" and "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgsurfacecharacters.sparseweedsclutter'" in case they mean anything.

Make sure you have the correct port forwarding set in your router (2302, 2303 plus steam ports). It sometimes takes a while for it to show up.

The errors you have are because of mods or missions you have installed.

Make sure you have the correct port forwarding set in your router (2302, 2303 plus steam ports). It sometimes takes a while for it to show up.

First, Tophe thank you for your nice work !

I have three questions, the first is about the ports, what is exacly the corrects ports ? I find a lot of "non-information" about this.

Game port: 2302

Steam Port: 8766 or 2304 or what ?

Steam Query Port: 2303 or 27016 ?

And if want a second server, what ports should i use ?

The last question: Is there any why to autostart a profile, after reboot a server.

Thanks again.

First, Tophe thank you for your nice work !

I have three questions, the first is about the ports, what is exacly the corrects ports ? I find a lot of "non-information" about this.

Game port: 2302

Steam Port: 8766 or 2304 or what ?

Steam Query Port: 2303 or 27016 ?

And if want a second server, what ports should i use ?

The last question: Is there any why to autostart a profile, after reboot a server.

Thanks again.

About the ports. See this thread (look under PORT FORWARDING): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

Not sure what you mean with your last question.

But there is no autostart or server process monitoring yet.

Added a 1 minute quick how-to to the first post...

I have two problems;

1.) Mission list is empty. I even copied all the missions from documents to the folder in root Arma3 directory.

2.) I can see my server on lan, but it doesn't show in internet in the browser and nobody can connect. I have forwarded ports 2302:2305, 27016 and 8766 in my routers settings. //Scratch this. Apparently I had to forward them as UDP, not TCP. ^^'

Any suggestions? :/

Edited by Pakislav

I have two problems;

1.) Mission list is empty. I even copied all the missions from documents to the folder in root Arma3 directory.

2.) I can see my server on lan, but it doesn't show in internet in the browser and nobody can connect. I have forwarded ports 2302:2305, 27016 and 8766 in my routers settings. //Scratch this. Apparently I had to forward them as UDP, not TCP. ^^'

Any suggestions? :/

The only missions listed in TADST are .pbo files in the MPMission folder. Try exporting your missions to multiplayer in the ingame editor.

Hi Tophe, thank you for the update. :)

In the changelog is stated : "Updated difficulty settings to reflect current version", however the differenciation between friendly and enemy skill and precision is still present while I thought that was obsolete in Arma 3 according to this post (if it has indeed been implemented in the main branch since then). Would you have more information on this subject?

Hi Tophe, thank you for the update. :)

In the changelog is stated : "Updated difficulty settings to reflect current version", however the differenciation between friendly and enemy skill and precision is still present while I thought that was obsolete in Arma 3 according to this post (if it has indeed been implemented in the main branch since then). Would you have more information on this subject?

Haven't seen if it's been implemented in the main branch yet. Keeping it for Arma2 as well, even though I will not test for A2 anymore.

Added a 1 minute quick how-to to the first post...

Tophe hello again.

In your vídeo you have:

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•2305 (Von)

•8766 (Steam port)

•27016 (Steam query port)

IN: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•2305 (Von)

•8766 (Steam port)

•27016 (Steam query port) obsolete since 1.22 hotfix patch. This is now hardcoded to use Gameport + 1 (eg 2303)

What is the correct port for (Steam query port) : 2303 or 27016 ? And if is 2303(hardcoded) how can i run a second server. This port should be unique for each dedicated server within one OS instance, like you sad.

Tophe hello again.

In your vídeo you have:

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•2305 (Von)

•8766 (Steam port)

•27016 (Steam query port)

IN: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•2305 (Von)

•8766 (Steam port)

•27016 (Steam query port) obsolete since 1.22 hotfix patch. This is now hardcoded to use Gameport + 1 (eg 2303)

What is the correct port for (Steam query port) : 2303 or 27016 ? And if is 2303(hardcoded) how can i run a second server. This port should be unique for each dedicated server within one OS instance, like you sad.

Thx. Updated the video. Don't know about multiple servers, haven't found any new info on it.

My problema is this

first server: (running very well)

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•8766 (Steam port)

Second server: (i can't see in server list)

•2312 (Arma3 Game port)

•2313 (Steam query port)

•8766 (Steam port) is this correct ?

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Thx. Updated the video. Don't know about multiple servers, haven't found any new info on it.

ok, thanks.

i'm going to try to find information about that.

My problema is this

first server: (running very well)

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•8766 (Steam port)

Second server: (i can't see in server list)

•2312 (Arma3 Game port)

•2313 (Steam query port)

•8766 (Steam port) is this correct ?

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

ok, thanks.

i'm going to try to find information about that.

It's ok. Found it. http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00063

About the hard coded query port - it is hard coded to Game port + 1

So if you have 2312 as game port then the query port should automatically be 2313

New TADST release tonight

So if you have 2312 as game port then the query port should automatically be 2313

ok, Thank you.

i found this:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

Port Forwarding

Arma 3 uses the same default ports as Arma 2 with the addition of 2 steam ports. So if you intend running A2 and A3 servers on the same machine, you need to edit the ports used. Default ports are all UDP and as follows

Incoming:

2302 (Arma3 Game port) + (VON is now part of main gameport due to NAT issues)

2303 (STEAM query )

2304 (Steam port)

2305 (VON port - not used atm. but allocated)

Outgoing:

DST Port Proto Destination Comment

2344 TCP+UDP 81.0.236.111 BattlEye - arma31.battleye.com

2345 TCP 81.0.236.111 BattlEye - arma31.battleye.com

2302-2305 UDP any Arma Server to Client Traffic

2303 UDP any Arma Server STEAM query port

2304 UDP any Arma Server to STEAM master traffic

To define the ArmA3 Game port used, state -port= **** in your command line arguments (Where *** is the new initial Arma 3 Game eg 2302)

and to define your Steam ports add the following lines to your CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg (editing the actual port numbers as required)

// STEAM ports are now linked to game-port as +1 for query and +2 to-master

If you are running multiple servers, i would suggest the following format

SERVER 1

2302 UDP (gameport + VON)

2303 UDP (STEAM query port)

2304 UDP (STEAM master port)

2305 UDP (VON reserved port but not used atm.)

so open ports 2302-2305

and leave at least 10 ports between the next server set

SERVER 2

2312 UDP (gameport + VON)

2313 UDP (STEAM query port)

2314 UDP (STEAM master port)

2315 UDP (VON reserved port but not used atm.)

so open ports 2312-2315

and leave at least 10 ports between the next 3rd server set etc.

I'm going to make some more tests, i will try to help you with this.

[/b]

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Ok, Tophe, it's working ! lol

first server

•2302 (Arma3 Game port)

•2303 (Steam query port)

•2304 (Steam port).. (the correct name for this is: "Steam master port" or "Steam report port" )

second server:

•2312 (Arma3 Game port)

•2313 (Steam query port)

•2314 (Steam port)

My port forward configuration in router is:

2300-2330 UDP -> server address

Thank you for your help and your time.

Nice work !

Edited by micronx

I believe I have forwarded the necessary ports correctly found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

But unfortunately I still cannot find my running server. Any more ideas? And looking forward to the update tonight! Hopefully that might fix it itself.

Is there a simple way to exclude specific mods/addons from my dedicated server? Any help would be much appreciated.

Is there a simple way to exclude specific mods/addons from my dedicated server? Any help would be much appreciated.

What do you mean by exclude?

Hi Tophe, I mean to disallow client side mods that I don't want being used by people joining my server.

Just released v2.6 on Armaholic. Check first post!

Just released v2.6 on Armaholic. Check first post!

Improved: Open RTP-button now use associated program to open RPT file.

Yey! :) Thanks mate.

Hellow, can someboy help me please. I can see my server in lan, but i cant see my server in internet. The same with joining to server. What is the problem ? Thanks.

Hellow, can someboy help me please. I can see my server in lan, but i cant see my server in internet. The same with joining to server. What is the problem ? Thanks.

I hope it doesn't come across as arrogant - really don't mean to be rude. But that question is asked daily. Look through the thread or search the forums.

Same problem. Arma2 CO (steam version), All ports open, the server isn't present in the list of a multiplayer servers, by name doesn't find. :(

Edited by Consum