tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Again,

there is no need to have an reporting IP for working in Steam Server browser.

I think it is just necessary for V 2.5 to remote the reporting IP entry...

Really? That sounds good.I haven't looked through the thread yet, so I'm not up to speed.

Do you know if there's any official documentation on it?

Hello Tophe,

No i don´t know anything about official documentation.

Just what i could say. i use your tool all the time for our server. Then the information come up that gamespy will shut down i have to investigate how i can reach our server in future with your tool (it is much easier to administrate). So i found out that my server was not listed in the steam server browser. i haven´t understood this because i have forwarded all necessary ports to it. then i let my PC with ARMA3 and open steam server browser running because my wife called me for lunch. after lunch i see that my PC has found the server. then i tried again. it took some minutes. then i have my friends to try it be themselves. same result. The steam server browser is really slow. but it will work.

i read a few days ago that it will be faster if the "reporting IP=Gamespy" entry will be deleted from the cfg. but that i have not tested yet.

So i can say, your tool is working with steam server browser. the browser itself is slow, that´s the primary issue.

next small issue is how the ingame filter works.

My Server is calles "Brotherhood of Steel" if i filter now "Brother" Steam will not find it, Gamespy has.. If i use "Brotherhood" then Steam will find the Server on the List. And this all together makes it a little bit harder to connect to the server. but it works.

First time ever setting up an Arma3 server for me . In fact I have only had the game for about a month now. I was did notice for my server after setting a filter to search for it in the server browser. After hitting refresh it takes 8-10 seconds for it to show up on my browser and on my friends machines it takes up to 30 seconds. I was so eager to play after starting the server that I though it was an issue with my setup but it turns out that I just needed to be a little more patient.

Hopefully it helps someone out there if not here is to my first useless post!

Success - yes.

I was able to get my DS to show up for my team who all play via Internet. I removed all of the entries in the reporting IP section on TADST. I then set up port forwarding on my router to forward the Steam port and Steam Query port to my DS computer. The next thing was for the Internet players to clear the filter they were using previously in the arma game server list. They then typed the server or mission name on the filter and bam.... Server was there. Some team members also just scanned the server list until they found the team's DS and then just highlighted it and joined. It really was not too bad to get it working. Easier than what I had thought it was going to be.

So then we just delete all gamespy reporting IP section stuff on TADST and BAM!!!, I already have router set to steam ports, so I will try it. Thanks.

Well I am doing everything exact with the port forwarding and everything, I wait 10 mins and nothing shows up.. I am even trying to connect with my DaRT server tool used for DayZ, which I have been using to monitor my Arma 3 servers for years now, cant connect to my server.

Edit: So apparently other players can see my server but I can not when on "Internet", when I switch to "LAN" I can see it but I've always known that. I just thought that because I couldn't see it on "Internet" the server wasn't working. Its strange but at least it is working!

Edited by OV3RJ0RD

Unless I am missing something obvious, it will not let me save a profile with "Enable HC" ticked with an IP other than 127.0.0.1 in the box. Whenever I overtype it with the IP I want, it looks OK, but saves the config with 127.0.0.1 anyway, and next time I load the profile it has reverted to display 127.0.0.1 in the box. I tried making the config read only but then the tool cannot launch the server. I also tried editing the config to use the desired IP, but it is overwritten whenever I attempt to launch the server.

Any ideas?

Unless I am missing something obvious, it will not let me save a profile with "Enable HC" ticked with an IP other than 127.0.0.1 in the box. Whenever I overtype it with the IP I want, it looks OK, but saves the config with 127.0.0.1 anyway, and next time I load the profile it has reverted to display 127.0.0.1 in the box. I tried making the config read only but then the tool cannot launch the server. I also tried editing the config to use the desired IP, but it is overwritten whenever I attempt to launch the server.

Any ideas?

I'll see if there a bug there... The tool need to write new files every launch, so protecting them won't work. Tick the box Launch As Is if you want to start with the current files.

edit.

Yeah, it was a bug. Fixed now. Thanks!

Edited by Tophe

I'll see if there a bug there... The tool need to write new files every launch, so protecting them won't work. Tick the box Launch As Is if you want to start with the current files.

edit.

Yeah, it was a bug. Fixed now. Thanks!

Excellent, thanks. I'd oddly never seen that box, so thanks for the tip.

!!!HELP!!! Hey I am trying to use your program to create a Taviana server and it goes pretty good and it says host identity created and all that yet when I go in to look for the server I have to use the IP to find it, also which I might be the more important of the 2 when I do try to join it says Wait For Host and never lets me in... !!! HELP !!!

Problem, after updating 1.63 (Arma2OA) the server isn't visible, isn't present in the list of servers.

Problem, after updating 1.63 (Arma2OA) the server isn't visible, isn't present in the list of servers.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

After 1.63 the Gamespy options are deprecated. I'm removing the whole reporting IP-menu in the next release, since it's not used anymore.

Make sure you have all Steam ports open.

2Tophe

Tell me please all the action for proper operation tadst 2.4

That must be specified in the Reporting in?

Activate Enable HC and prescribe the server ip?

Or give access to the corrected version tadst.

Edited by Consum

I think a lot of us are using this launcher for Arma3 as well ... obviously just replacing the path of the executable.

Good to see that it is being updated to remove the reporting IP.

SoonTM?

Why so long there is tadst version fix?

I still don't understand that it is necessary to change in tadst that the server would appear in the multiplayer list.

Edited by Consum

Why so long there is tadst version fix?

I still don't understand that it is necessary to change in tadst that the server would appear in the multiplayer list.

Well it takes a while, I code every now and then when I have time.

It's not necessary to change tadst for the server to show up in multiplayer.

You need to set up your firewall correctly, opening the right ports in your router/firewall.

Still the new Steam server list seems a bit flaky. A lot of people have problems with it. It seems slow at times.

But I don't know if the problem is on BIS end. Haven't experimented enough yet :-)

Edited by Tophe

New release out (v2.5). Minor updates.

Is -enableHT a parameter that can be used by the arma3server.exe ? If yes, can it be added to TADST ?

Thx !

Is -enableHT a parameter that can be used by the arma3server.exe ? If yes, can it be added to TADST ?

Thx !

Never heard of it. Any documentation?

it cant see mods from not arma 3 directory

I'm not sure what you mean...

Our other programming lead, Ondřej Martinák, reports: "A new command line parameter '-enableHT' has been added which instructs Arma 3 to use all hyper-threaded CPU cores. Use of this parameter may increase the game's performance, especially on Dedicated Servers with high amount of players." It should be noted that we don't expect large improvements this addition, but every little bit helps.

Source: http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00057

Awesome! Thank you! I'll look into it! For now you could add it in the Extra Parameters textbox. That should work.

Edited by Tophe

Thanks for the update Tophe. Don't know WHAT I would do without it for my dedi.

Absolutely! Essential install.

Any chance of the bit I mentioned about the 'monitor RPT' button? It opens the TADST rpt monitor now, but if there is an application associated with *.rpt, could it open in that?

Thanks for the update Tophe. Don't know WHAT I would do without it for my dedi.

Just like he said "Thank You"