tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

anyone got a guide for the performance tuning settings? i have tried to tune our server, but i honestly don't really have a clue what i'm doing or noticed any major change.

Hrm. Im trying to implement HC into my missions and when I double click or enter the 127.0.0.1 IP and check the Enable HC box, hit save (the profile) then run the server - the tadst_config.cfg doesnt have anything in the localClient[]={}; string.

... and I notice that in that very same config it says, BattlEye = 1;. Shouldn't that be BattleEye=1;?

I've noticed that the Enable HC checkbox doesn't seem to save when you save the settings. I am running a DS with TADST and using an HC without any issues though.

Me too. Also, just cannot get my headless clients to stay connected. Anyone willing to help please PM me

Could you provide details of the TADST.profiles file encoding so I can edit it manually.

Hey all...This question may have been asked before but I have been searching for weeks and cant seem to come up with anything. I run the 3CT on ArmA2 and I use Tophes tool to do it. All works great and all but at some point after like 12 or 13 hours on running the server just stops..The program just closes. Im wondering if TADST can be used to configure an auto restart of some kind. Im using V2.4 at the moment. Please help. Thanks

Thope i found a bug! The The headless client check on the 1st menu page dosen't saves on the profile! I put cross on the Headless Client box, i save the profile, but when i load the profile the cross isn't there!

Thope i found a bug! The The headless client check on the 1st menu page dosen't saves on the profile! I put cross on the Headless Client box, i save the profile, but when i load the profile the cross isn't there!

Did you see post #628? This issue has been mentioned previously as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for entries in the performance tuning tab?

I realise that tweaking these is something of a black art and that they are dependent on your box, it's connection, the mission and the number of expected players, but I've left this at default and I worry that this might be holding my server back.

I'm running my modified Domination mission which is designed for 23 players. Others who player similar missions typically report better server performance than mine.

Box is a rented Dell PowerEdge R210 II, upload and download roughly 210 Mbps.

When I launch my server, it doesn't show up on the list, even when I filter it. I'm very new to this so I am likely doing something wrong. Any help?

When I launch my server, it doesn't show up on the list, even when I filter it. I'm very new to this so I am likely doing something wrong. Any help?

I think you will need to provide a little more info if you want some help. Like, what happens when you click on the LAUNCH button? A small window should open in the upper left corner of the screen. The window should have a title "Arma 3 Console Version 1.16: port 2302" or similar. The text in this window should read, "(time) Dedicated Host created " or similar.

Do you run a firewall? Are the appropriate ports open?

Did you properly list the path to the server executable in TADST??? Without more info on your part, the questions would be endless for anyone trying to help you.

Is it possible to load a mission from a folder NOT a PBO... It would save me a LOT of testing time to be able to simply point TADST to a folder containing my mission plus scripts. That way I can quickly tweak a script etc without having to run it up through the Editor each time ?

SJ

Hey Tophe, great tool man, I am having a problem with it, I would look through the pages but too many to look through. The problem I am having is that when I try and host a server using your tool, even though the missions shows up in the little mission selection window for your user interface, when I launch the server the mission doesnt show up, and it just stays in "creation" when I try to join, it says " You were kicked off the game..." What am I missing, or what am I doing wrong?

Win8.1 everything up to date. All ports fowarded using the arma 3 dedicated server wikia... What other information would you need for a resolve, if this is a known issue?

Tophe is it possible to get a near hot-fix for the localClient[]={}; issue? It doesnt same in the TADST_config.cfg properly (at all). You have to manually edit the config and Run As Is.

Not sure is Ban working in TADST, I saw he will work on it at page 15 but can't see anything in TADST about Ban. dose anyone know how to ban in TADST?

Tophe is it possible to get a near hot-fix for the localClient[]={}; issue? It doesnt same in the TADST_config.cfg properly (at all). You have to manually edit the config and Run As Is.

I won't be able to do any updates before June I'm afraid. But I'll fix that then!

Not sure is Ban working in TADST, I saw he will work on it at page 15 but can't see anything in TADST about Ban. dose anyone know how to ban in TADST?

Will work on that this summer!

TADST is only used to configure and run a server. Ban is more an administration task.

any news on when the TSDST will be updated to launch games via steam rather then gamespy? i know that gamespy is not shuttin down till the end of may.

any news on when the TSDST will be updated to launch games via steam rather then gamespy? i know that gamespy is not shuttin down till the end of may.

Hmmm. Hadn't heard about that. Do you have any details and technical info on that?

from my understanding may 31st gamespy will be shutting down their multiplayer server. thus the ingame (and for that matter all ways to 'report' dedicated servers) browser.

at this point bis stated they are looking into haveing steam take over that sytem

from teh below link:

"This is going to affect multiplayer in our games that use Gamespy for matchmaking, cd keys authentification and NAT traversal from Arma: Resistance to Arma 3. We are planning to introduce an alternative solution using Steam to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3 users. Other games (Take On Helicopters, Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma, Arma: Cold War Assault) will have more limited multiplayer experience with loss of server browser, cd key authentification and NAT traversal systems."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/gamespy-multiplayer-shutting-down-hundreds-of-games-at-risk

from my understanding may 31st gamespy will be shutting down their multiplayer server. thus the ingame (and for that matter all ways to 'report' dedicated servers) browser.

at this point bis stated they are looking into haveing steam take over that sytem

from teh below link:

"This is going to affect multiplayer in our games that use Gamespy for matchmaking, cd keys authentification and NAT traversal from Arma: Resistance to Arma 3. We are planning to introduce an alternative solution using Steam to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3 users. Other games (Take On Helicopters, Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma, Arma: Cold War Assault) will have more limited multiplayer experience with loss of server browser, cd key authentification and NAT traversal systems."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/gamespy-multiplayer-shutting-down-hundreds-of-games-at-risk

Wow, that sucks!

I'll definitively look into that as soon as there are specific technical details and instructions from BIS on how to launch servers from now on.

i noticed in this latest a3 update there is now an option in the ingame browser to set it to steam rather then gamespy, ,not sure if the update also came with info on it or not.

but ya, like you said, im sure as we get closer to the 31st they will get us more info :)

I don't have any experience with creating dedicated servers and when I use this server tool and then load ARMA 3, I don't see my server listed. After pressing 'launch', it appears to load correctly and I see these two messages:

"Dedicated host created.

Host identity created."

But my server is not listed when I load ARMA 3 and check the list of multiplayer servers and even filter the name of my server.

This is what I've inputted:

LiKzSzF.png

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize that all of the servers were only Steam servers and that I needed to click on Steam at the top-right to change it to gamespy servers. It was confusing because it also says "powered by gamespy" at the top right.

Edited by JaySmizzle

in the latest a3 update it now gives you the option to search for dedicated servers via steam or gamespy.. id say the reason why your server is not showing up is by default it is set to search for servers for steam.

at the ingame brower screen look at the top right corner, where it says 'steam' click it till it says 'gamespy'.