tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Hi tophe.

Is it possible to set affinity via your Server Tool ?

If not could you add that functionality along with the same Functionality to the HeadlessClient when you introduce that ?

The only reason I don't always use your tool is when I want to set affinity's to the Server and the Headless then I use .bat files.

Respectfully.

BL1P

What is affinity? Can you provide som details (and maybe documentation), then I can look at how to implement it. Thx for the input!

Hi Tophe.

love your tool, use it tons.

have you thought about adding in the ability to auto-close and re-launch a server instance from with in Tadst automatically?

Say you wanted to have the server restart every morning, or load a particular profile at a set time?

Thank you! Yes, it's on the to-do list. We'll see when I get around to it but it's a great idea.

Affinity :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_affinity

I for example have a second PC that I use as my arma dedicated server for testing missions.

while testing HC on arma2 I wanted to ensure that the HC and the Server did not run on the same cores.

To do this I ran the HC on cores 0 and 1 and the Server on cores 2 and 3.

I could have gone to task manager and set affinity per process, manually every time I started the processes.

But it seemed easier to create a .bat file to do this automatically when ever I ran the processes.

Here are some examples I had got ready to use in arma3 untill I realised You had to pay for the HC with arma3 but not arma2 ???!!!????

Example HC.

@echo off
echo Launching Arma3...

cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\
start "" /wait /realtime /affinity 3 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -client -name=HC -nosound -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=2432

and Example Server.

@echo off
echo Launching Server...

start "" /wait /realtime /affinity C "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe"  -port=2432 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default" -name=default

Im never too good on getting the affinity values but that seemed correct to me using binary to represent the cores and a converter to hex for the affinity value

for some reason the binary is read right to left for core representation ? go figure :)

4321 = would be the cores as read right to left (where 1=0 to 4=3). The binary would = 1 on and 0 off :-

0011 = for cores 0 and 1, Hex val 3

1100 = for cores 2 and 3, hex val c

Thats about as good an explanation I can give m8 sorry Im just a fat guy who plays PC games in his late 40s not some IT guru in his prepubescent teens :)

Affinity :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_affinity

I for example have a second PC that I use as my arma dedicated server for testing missions.

while testing HC on arma2 I wanted to ensure that the HC and the Server did not run on the same cores.

To do this I ran the HC on cores 0 and 1 and the Server on cores 2 and 3.

I could have gone to task manager and set affinity per process, manually every time I started the processes.

But it seemed easier to create a .bat file to do this automatically when ever I ran the processes.

Here are some examples I had got ready to use in arma3 untill I realised You had to pay for the HC with arma3 but not arma2 ???!!!????

Example HC.

@echo off
echo Launching Arma3...

start "" /wait /realtime /affinity 3 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -client -name=HC -nosound -localhost=127.0.0.1 -connect=localhost -port=2432

and Example Server.

@echo off
echo Launching Server...

start "" /wait /realtime /affinity C "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe"  -port=2432 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default" -name=default

Im never too good on getting the affinity values but that seemed correct to me using binary to represent the cores and a converter to hex for the affinity value

for some reason the binary is read right to left for core representation ? go figure :)

4321 = would be the cores as read right to left (where 1=0 to 4=3). The binary would = 1 on and 0 off :-

0011 = for cores 0 and 1, Hex val 3

1100 = for cores 2 and 3, hex val c

Awsome. Thank you. I'll look into it eventually.

Thats about as good an explanation I can give m8 sorry Im just a fat guy who plays PC games in his late 40s not some IT guru in his prepubescent teens :)

Aren't we all... aren't we all....

Aren't we all... aren't we all....

Joining the club!

But thanks, tackar, for your great tool.

Just dropping into this thread to tell you Tophe that this is an excellent tool!

I had no prior experience with dedicated server setup and management, but this tool has made it extremely easy.

I would also like to add to the suggestions for future Rcon implementation.

Currently I've been looking into 'BattlEye extended controls' and 'battleWarden'.

Not sure if you'd integrate links to the above tools add another tab for your own.

Again, excellent work!

thx, this tools helps a lot. But i have a question. I put the tool in server dir 1. with another profil i also manage server 2 with server dir 2. But the mission folder he uses is only from dir1. Can i have (profil1 / dir1 / mpmission from dir1) and (profil2 / dir2 / mpmission from dir2)?

Same with mods?

Would be better to put TADST exe not in arma2 directory and manage everything on where the server file point to.

And with Affinity this would be awesome. Even without HC i use affinity.

Edited by Numrollen

I disabled 3° person camera in regular difficulty, and not work , anybody know to solve this?

Anyone whos intrested with server and headless affinitys using tophes.

1. Create a new profile in tophes.

2. Create a .bat that sets the affinity and use the -params from tophes in the .bat

3. Point tophes server line at the .bat for server.

4. Launch :)

For the Headless :-

Create a new profile in tophes

Create your headless .bat

Point tophes server line at the .bat for the HC

Dont copy the -params from tophes to the .bat this time.

Launch :)

Hope this helps someone.

Guys i need your advice here.

Let's say i m having 2 different TADST profiles for my server.

Profile#1 is strictly for COOP's

Profile#2 is Vanilla PvP

So..

What i want is.. under "PvP profile" only a selected set of missions will be available for Admin/players to select/to see in missions menu

How do i do that?..

An excellent tool! My comp knowledge is close to zero, but the app is pretty much selfexplanatory, and I watched some toots on YT.

I now run a dedi ArmA3-server. The fun thing is I can start the game too, and play on my server. I've got the lowest ping, obviously. :)

EDIT: A suggestion for future enhancement: Admin panel, so you can kick/ban, switch missions etc on the fly.

Edited by NTF_Rouge
Adding

I am using this for a wasteland server at the moment and have a couple of questions.

I am manually restarting the server at the moment, is there a way to get it to restart at certain times without pressing the launch button ?

After selecting veteran it always defaults back to regular for some reason ?

First and foremost. Tophe...thank you a ton. Between Engima and his Escape and your TADST app, you Östgöta Ops guys have added countless hours of fun and enjoyment to a lot of our Arma experiences!

I have some questions on performance settings. I've read enough to know that they're different for everyone and was hoping to pick the brains of some folks that have more experience on the servers side. I'm running a 'dedicated' server just for some friends that's not up 24x7, but does run some AI heavy missions when we do fire it up to play. I'm trying to figure out the best performance tuning settings for my config/setup.

- Generally have 6-8 players playing

- Running on a standalone box (i3-3225 (Dual Core/3.3 Ghz), 16 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro)

- Have 50 Mbps Down / 5 Mbps Up Internet Connection

Have found in some instances with a lot of AI we really take a hit on the box and most of us drop down to 10-15 FPS. CPU never goes above 40-50% and RAM never uses up more than a few GB, so any thoughts on performance tuning settings that might help would be appreciated!

Number of AI having a serious effect on FPS is an engine problem, however, sometimes with a little tweaking you can raise that lower FPS up a little. Noone knows why CPU is not used more heavily *COUGH* - actually we do (single core AI for the lose!)

I disabled 3° person camera in regular difficulty, and not work , anybody know to solve this?

With the latest dedi packs i also seem to have trouble getting this and other settings to "kick in"

Also when setting the ingame setting to veteran 3D person is still on ?

have you thought about adding in the ability to auto-close and re-launch a server instance from with in Tadst automatically?

Say you wanted to have the server restart every morning, or load a particular profile at a set time?

Thank you! Yes, it's on the to-do list. We'll see when I get around to it but it's a great idea.

Is this still on the to-do list, or should I look into doing it manually through batch files?

I just downloaded, installed, setup the latest TADST and every time I go to launch my server that I want to set up, I get a battle eye initialization failed error. This happens no matter what I do. PLEASE HELP!

With the latest dedi packs i also seem to have trouble getting this and other settings to "kick in"

Also when setting the ingame setting to veteran 3D person is still on ?

After a deletion of old cgfs and profiles and the new 1.08 dedi package, it all worked as expected again..

Just saying making a new profile with the new stable dedi version might help if you have the same issue of settings not correctly firing up.

Do I need to copy my MP mission to a certain folder for it to show up in the list. I have it installed in the root Arma 3 folder and my mission is copied to the "MP Missions" folder in the root folder for Arma 3, but no missions are showing up in the list.?

ARMA3FlyGun1

Edited by ARMA3FlyGun1

ahh, I copied it straight from the documents saved folder. How do I pack it into a pbo file?

Im kinda new to the .pbo file packing and stuff. sry :(

ARMA3FlyGun1

Edit:: I found a packer and everything seems to be working great. Thanks, Dragonsyr :)

Edited by ARMA3FlyGun1

when i try to set difficulty to recruit and save.

it automatically turn back to regural difficulty in profile difficulty settings.

how should i change difficulty? :(

Hi ! First of all thanks for this awsome tool ;)

Here is my problem, i' m on a dedicated server with ubuntu and using wine to run arma3server and TADST.

When i push the launch button the arma3server go online but every time me or one of my friend try to join the server we are kicked within a few seconds.

I ve tried it from my personnal computer wich is on windows Os and it worked fine, we were not kicked.

Does someone know how to fix this ???

A big thanks to the community, excuse my english i m from france !

Firewall!

Hi, thanks for your response, i' ve turned off the ubuntu firewall but it s still hapening, being kicked a soon as i try to connect....Any help would be welcome ;)