tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

And oh... Found the difficulty bug. I didn't know they added a difficulty = "veteran"; to the .Arma3Profile file.

What are the valid values? Is it "recruit", "regular", "veteran" and "expert"?

I always mess the last one up, sometimes they call it "Mercenary" and sometimes "Expert".

Hi

So i use this Tool and its Nice but i have one Problem, when i usw following Settings on "Performance" ...

MaxCustomFileSize=350000;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxMsgSend=192;

MinBandwidth=16384000;

MaxBandwidth=32768000;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

the Server is starting but when i try to connect i see only the loading Screen from the map but it goes not Forward nothing ist not Loading, can someone help me here out and sorry for my bad english :)

New version out tomorrow!

Mostly bugfixes and some new features.

The Headless thingy will be in next release (next week - at most)

Fantástic news Thope! ;)

the Server is starting but when i try to connect i see only the loading Screen from the map but it goes not Forward nothing ist not Loading, can someone help me here out and sorry for my bad english :)

ArmA 2 or ArmA 3?

Check the server RPT in the TADST Profile folder for clues, could be anything...

I cant get any missions to load. They will not show up in the TDST tool even if I place them in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam|Steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

or if I put the in the Arma 3 Other profiles folder

In Arma3 is the Problem and what you mean with RPT ?

ArmA 2 or ArmA 3?

Check the server RPT in the TADST Profile folder for clues, could be anything...

Version 2.3 out. Updated the first post!

2.3 - 2013.09.27 -

• New: Added Maximum Packet Size option (class sockets{maxPacketSize = <limit>})
  • New: Added Required Secure Id option
  • New: Server now supports headless clients
  • New: Doubleclick password fields to autogenerate readable passwords (just for fun).
  • Improved: Dabbling with some colors to make it less depressing, let me know if you hate it.
  • Improved: Arma2/Arma2AO beta servers now uses the correct -beta command line
  • Improved: Steam ports moved to top of config file
  • Fixed: Persistens Battlefield settings
  • Fixed: BattlEye checkbox fixes
  • Fixed: Default difficulty in profile
  • Fixed: Required Build now collects Arma3.exe build, it also saves to profile.
  • Fixed: Kick duplicates checkbox state now saves to profile
  • Fixed: Tooltips checkbox state now saves to profile
  • Fixed: Launch As Is checkbox state s now save to profile.
  • Fixed: Terrain Grid didn't transfer to config file, fixed now.
  • Fixed: View distance didn't work, working now.
  • Fixed: Server scripting textboxes are now saved and loaded correctly

Edited by Tophe

It runs fine have no Problems, or one Problem see my post bevor :)

Tophe, can we just swap out the new exe, or do we need to delete and create new profiles?

Featurerequest for a new version:

For performance:

- cpuCores

- maxMem

- exThreads

For lazyness:

- Steamcmd compatability so it can also update the server

For stability:

- Auto restart of game on crash + on a schedule, example every sunday. Should be combined with check if patch for game + server is available to do it "the coming morning" or right away.

Tophe, can we just swap out the new exe, or do we need to delete and create new profiles?

Haven't tried with the old profiles. You'd be safest off with a new.

But try... if it works it works. Check all your textboxes and settings and resave. It's the stuff in the GUI that goes into the config files.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Featurerequest for a new version:

For performance:

- cpuCores

- maxMem

- exThreads

For lazyness:

- Steamcmd compatability so it can also update the server

For stability:

- Auto restart of game on crash + on a schedule, example every sunday. Should be combined with check if patch for game + server is available to do it "the coming morning" or right away.

Thx, great input. For now you can put the performance bits in the "extra parameters" box. The update thing is probably next.

Strange. Did you delete your old profile and start fresh?

I cant get any missions to load. They will not show up in the TDST tool even if I place them in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam|Steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

any idea Tophe?

any idea Tophe?

You're not supposed to put your MPmissions anywhere else than in the MPMissions folder. Just put the PBO-files in there. If you run TADST from your A3 folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam|Steamapps\common\Arma 3\) TADST wil detect the missions. If not, I don't know hat you might be doing wrong.

You're not supposed to put your MPmissions anywhere else than in the MPMissions folder. Just put the PBO-files in there. If you run TADST from your A3 folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam|Steamapps\common\Arma 3\) TADST wil detect the missions. If not, I don't know hat you might be doing wrong.

This is what we did:

1.) downloaded TADST

2.) Unzipped into C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3

3.) Right-Clicked TADST.exe -> Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)

4.) Double-Clicked Shortcut on desktop TADST.exe - Shortcut

5.) Setup Server Info, Name, Max Players, Battleeye, no voting, MOTD's

6.) Dropped PBO into MPMissions Folder under C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3\MPMission

7.) Clicked mission tab in TADST, Click Refresh

No Missions show up. I have tried seriously 8 Missions, All from Armaholic, they will not show up. If I did anything wrong please instruct me on how to correctly do it.

This is what we did:

1.) downloaded TADST

2.) Unzipped into C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3

3.) Right-Clicked TADST.exe -> Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)

4.) Double-Clicked Shortcut on desktop TADST.exe - Shortcut

5.) Setup Server Info, Name, Max Players, Battleeye, no voting, MOTD's

6.) Dropped PBO into MPMissions Folder under C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3\MPMission

7.) Clicked mission tab in TADST, Click Refresh

No Missions show up. I have tried seriously 8 Missions, All from Armaholic, they will not show up. If I did anything wrong please instruct me on how to correctly do it.

Make sure you have the TADST.exe in your game root C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma 3\TADST.exe. You can't have any subfolders. I have no clue what could be the problem if you're doing everything right. I don't think there's any locality problems in the code that could ever mess up the paths. The path you have is no problem for the program.

I just downloaded the latest version, 2.3, and I'm not having any issues with it at all.

I deleted my old TADST folder before running the new exe. No issues at all.

Z

Never saw this happen before but when I start the server and run the game to connect to it, I see 2 instances of the server running in the game browser. This is using the tool to run server on same machine as the one Im playing on.

Not saying this is the tool's fault....just wondering why this is happening to me.

any idea Tophe?

Are you running TADST as an admin? Hmph, shouldn not have any impact though....but try it anyway.

Is it possible that running this new version will reset peoples favorites in the server browser for my server? Or did I click on the star in game by accident when I had it on another monitor..

Edited by USteppin

Is it possible that running this new version will reset peoples favorites in the server browser for my server? Or did I click on the star in game by accident when I had it on another monitor..

I don't think that's possible. The only thing TADST does is start the server exe with your selected settings, it does nothing to the server or game after it has launched.

Issue of missions not showing have disappeared, the only thing I did was download and apply the new version TADST