tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

With 2.0 i get a Windows error when launching that this program isnt save and is blocked. I needed to start it as a admin and "Yes im sure, YES, YES". Win8 is more strict then Win7. Dont get this with your 1.4.

Ok, thank you for noticing it. I haven't heard from anyone else having that problem yet. I haven't tried it on win8 myself. Maybe you have very restrictive settigs? Do you have to do this every time you start the program or just the first?

I'll do some research and see if there's anything I could do to mark the program as safe. Thanks.

Edited by Tophe

Thought I would come here and say I have nothing to report that has not already been said. Work and RL interviened for a bit but still got it up and running for my arma 3 server. Then downloaded the copy on armaholic and tested that one as well. Looks like making an official arma 3 version of this will be pretty strait forward. Oh and just incase anyone reports it and you are not aware of it....can not test difficulty settings on arma 3 yet so dismiss any reports about that for now. BIS has the AI settings locked at max and the only way to change it is to run one of two mods server side.

Thought I would come here and say I have nothing to report that has not already been said. Work and RL interviened for a bit but still got it up and running for my arma 3 server. Then downloaded the copy on armaholic and tested that one as well. Looks like making an official arma 3 version of this will be pretty strait forward. Oh and just incase anyone reports it and you are not aware of it....can not test difficulty settings on arma 3 yet so dismiss any reports about that for now. BIS has the AI settings locked at max and the only way to change it is to run one of two mods server side.

Thank you Ace, and thanks for taking the time test the beta! Actually, yesterday I tried disabling 3rd person view on regular level and that worked. But maybe you're only referring to the Skill and Precision values?

I'm setting up a home git repo now so I can keep coding in the sun out in the garden... So keep feature requests coming.

Wow, v 2.0! Tophe, you're the best. Thank you for your work.

Thank you Ace, and thanks for taking the time test the beta! Actually, yesterday I tried disabling 3rd person view on regular level and that worked. But maybe you're only referring to the Skill and Precision values?

I'm setting up a home git repo now so I can keep coding in the sun out in the garden... So keep feature requests coming.

Yes , referring to precision ect.. Thank you for your work.

I am unable to save both bandwidth parameters in a profile. Each time i fill in both options and select save, the fields become corrupt and want to "quit or continue"

I am unable to save both bandwidth parameters in a profile. Each time i fill in both options and select save, the fields become corrupt and want to "quit or continue"

Thank you! Silly input validation bug... I'll fix it. Releasing update tonight.

Edited by Tophe

Thank you again for sending us your work :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Note:

I have read your reply about the pages being in the Arma 2 section. As soon as you wish things to change just contact me about it :)

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

NEW RELEASE, v2.1. SEE FIRST POST

Note:

I have read your reply about the pages being in the Arma 2 section. As soon as you wish things to change just contact me about it :)

Thank you Foxhound!

Any news on the steamport/queryport additions?

I'll add that to the next release. Within a week. If you really need it now, you could do this:

1. Fix all your settings in TADST

2. Click preview

3. Edit the config files after your needs

4. Tick the 'Launch as is' box.

This means that the config files will not be overwritten when the server starts. It will start with the available config files.

Hello, I am thinking about start a small little server with this tool, But every time I run this tool it says it cannot find the multiplayer missions folder and seconds after I press okay I get the standard windows message "TADST has stopped working!"

Hello, I am thinking about start a small little server with this tool, But every time I run this tool it says it cannot find the multiplayer missions folder and seconds after I press okay I get the standard windows message "TADST has stopped working!"

You need to put TADST.exe in your Arma game folder before running it.

Thank you! Silly input validation bug... I'll fix it. Releasing update tonight.

Thanks for the update Tophe. It seems i still cant save changes in existing profiles ? i copy and paste into either min or max bandwidth, hit save and both fields corrupt every time ?

The input in those fields must be integers, so try typing instead of copy/paste. You might get some weird characters with you. I'l try to catch those exceptions in the next release, so you can't put any illegal characters in there.

You need to put TADST.exe in your Arma game folder before running it.

The location of the folder is: "Computer -> Local Disk -> Programfiles 86 -> Steam -> Steam Apps -> common -> arma 2 operation arrowhead" Still when running the file I get the standard windows message :/

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Shoot! I was putting the entire folder in the location, Tophe, Thanks for the great tool and the help. Sorry for the question xD!

The location of the folder is: "Computer -> Local Disk -> Programfiles 86 -> Steam -> Steam Apps -> common -> arma 2 operation arrowhead" Still when running the file I get the standard windows message :/

The only thing TADST checks for when starting is that there must be a "MPMissions" folder in the folder where it runs. If you have no such folder in your Arma folder there can't really be any missions to serve. Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your Arma 2 OA folder?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Shoot! I was putting the entire folder in the location, Tophe, Thanks for the great tool and the help. Sorry for the question xD!

Ah :-) cool.

Yet Another question :P Sorry, lets say I have a addon, a .PBO File, could I run that on the server so that the server had that addon? And is it possible to run the mission Armex? I cannot seem to find it in the list nor any of the basic arma 2 missions.

Yet Another question :P Sorry, lets say I have a addon, a .PBO File, could I run that on the server so that the server had that addon? And is it possible to run the mission Armex? I cannot seem to find it in the list nor any of the basic arma 2 missions.

You can run any mission that's in your arma installation (that runs the dedicated server). It's just that the original missions is packed in a PBO-file and won't show in the list. So those will have to be picked ingame. Also, any installed adddon will go with the server.

If I cant pick the mission from the list should I just run some random mission, Change it in game? And than for the addon do I go into Mods -> Add -> Find The PBO File and than run the server?

-----EDIT-----

My main goal is to run Armex on this tool, Run it with a addon called like KRON_Support Call and be able to use the spawn vehicle menu in Armex so a few friends and I can spawn the vehicles we need in on the Armex map to pratice, IS this possible? I am having issues with the addon, I have it installed client side and on the server but the feature is not working. I also cannot get the Armex mission to be played. I appreciate all the help and hope we can get this! thanks for the great tool.

---EDIT---

Got the ability to play ARMEX, But now I need to find out how to get this addon working, In the mods list the PBO file of the addon I want is selected I also have the addon installed in my addons folder on my client but when I join the server the features are not there

Edited by xICaerusIx

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you Foxhound! Sorry for the somewhat crazy update cycles. Getting lots of great input and bug reports now :-)

Did I install this addon correct? I went into mods, Dragged the PBO File into it, Checked the box, Installed the PBO in my addons list, Joined the server, But the addon's feature isnt in the server.

- Thanks for all the help so far.

Did I install this addon correct? I went into mods, Dragged the PBO File into it, Checked the box, Installed the PBO in my addons list, Joined the server, But the addon's feature isnt in the server.

- Thanks for all the help so far.

Addons are not installed as mods, they are just dropped in the addons folder. You use mods in the mods list. No pbo's in the mods list. Just mod folders.

Perfect! I got everything working. Thanks for the great tool and this amazing support, sorry about the silly questions!