tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

We'll see what I'll come up with. Just opened the source again - my god! About the refactoring... For you OOP nerds out there... it's roughly 4000 lines of code in a single class. This will be a fun summer!

Rofl, well.... Know you know what to do the rest of the summer lol.

Its fun going back to your old programs and discover the lack of "order" you had back then hehe.

Looks like a great tool. I've been meaning to use my own machine as a test server for Benny's Warfare and BWMod/RKSL stuff. In the TA2DST folder, do I need to create a MPMission type folder inside/alongside the username folder?

Update: I've sorted it, I just needed to put the missions in the MPMissions folder. :)

Edited by Mach2Infinity

Main problem I can find with trying to run the software for arma 3 is the reporting ip keeps trying to revert to either a private, <> or an arma 2 reporting ip. I have tried manually correcting the reporting IP within the config and each launch it erases and reverts back to <>. Seems to work flawlessly otherwise. I tried brute force by write protecting the config file and it cursed at me with a nasty exception error. I tried to locate the specific line in the default file but couldn't transcribe which line number the reporting ip is.

Another suggestion, how about adding negative integers to the combat side so you can reduce the incredibly high accuracy of enemies on regular difficulty settings. Seems latest patch made them all crackshot snipers with the ability to snipe you out of vehicles at over 1 click out. Would definitely give much finer tuning control of how you want the server to play out either easier or harder.

Edited by Brady
spelling

Ok guys. I need your help. Could you please help me identifying all settings and rules that need to be updated and added in the program. I'll start sketching on something in a couple of weeks.

What I need right now: All new settings and outdated settings. Very happy if you could link or supply documentation for it as well.

I need to know what to bring into the new version, and what to remove.

I do not need suggestions for new features at the moment (will happily take those once this old thing refactored).

There will be a tiny release before the new overhaul. Just to fix a couple of annoying bugs (for Arma 2 mostly)

Does anyone know why when I run the exe and close and I do click to save it does not create the "ta2dst" fold in Arma2 dir. This is driving me nuts. The server name doesn't match what I put and a number of other issues that I think are related to this root problem. Thanks in advance for any help I can get here. Yes I did look through the thread but I was going cross eyed looking thru so many pages. Please forgive if already addressed.

Chris

Does anyone know why when I run the exe and close and I do click to save it does not create the "ta2dst" fold in Arma2 dir. This is driving me nuts. The server name doesn't match what I put and a number of other issues that I think are related to this root problem. Thanks in advance for any help I can get here. Yes I did look through the thread but I was going cross eyed looking thru so many pages. Please forgive if already addressed.

Chris

Do you run the exe from the Arma2-folder? You have to put in the root folder of Arma2

Yes it is in the Arma2 root folder.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

i know that is the root of problem because it cant create the folder so it cant make the battleeye folder and that is where this all starts.

Hello!

I need help, when I run the server, no one can connect, because it is on Lan. But how to run it for Internet, not Lan?

Check your port settings on your router first. Lan vs Wan really no difference except on how you direct incoming packets to goto server only...

I just wanted to say thank you very much for your tool, it is awesome and it spared me a big headache! Keep up the good work and i'm looking forward to it's ArmA 3 version.

I just wanted to say thank you very much for your tool, it is awesome and it spared me a big headache! Keep up the good work and i'm looking forward to it's ArmA 3 version.

Thanks man! I just started working on a complete new code base for it - so that really helps :-)

I don't know if anyone else has reported it, apologies if they did, but while everything worked fine on ArmA 2, when i launch it for ArmA 3 the difficulty settings don't seem to work. It might be me doing something wrong, or it might simply be that the difficulty settings aren't compatible. Anyways, just thought i'd let you know.

Hi Tophe hope all is going well with the refactoring, can't wait to try it. Will there be support for the PWS mod folders structure and V2 signatures for A2.

Hi Tophe hope all is going well with the refactoring, can't wait to try it. Will there be support for the PWS mod folders structure and V2 signatures for A2.

Thank you. It's coming along fine. Rebuilt the profile system yesterday and I'm finished with the graphical parts of the GUI. Next version will absolutely support v2 signatures! But what is the PWS mod folder structure? Can you explain it or point to a document with specs? I will of course try to implement that too if needed.

I don't know if anyone else has reported it, apologies if they did, but while everything worked fine on ArmA 2, when i launch it for ArmA 3 the difficulty settings don't seem to work. It might be me doing something wrong, or it might simply be that the difficulty settings aren't compatible. Anyways, just thought i'd let you know.

This software isnt fully Arma 3 compatible yet :)

But i know Tophe is working on it.

Hopefully it will support both arma 2 and 3 in the end heh.

PWS = PlayWithSIX

And its just a simple matter of changing the folder setting in PWS and it will place the mods correctly.

Dunno why Sickboy wants then in the documents folder tbh.

I dont believe this is something Tophe needs to be doing, you can do it in PWS yourself :)

Edited by Byrgesen

This software isnt fully Arma 3 compatible yet :)

But i know Tophe is working on it.

Hopefully it will support both arma 2 and 3 in the end heh.

PWS = PlayWithSIX

And its just a simple matter of changing the folder setting in PWS and it will place the mods correctly.

Dunno why Sickboy wants then in the documents folder tbh.

I dont believe this is something Tophe needs to be doing, you can do it in PWS yourself :)

Oh, so that's it. Yeah, the folder path for mods doesn't matter, you can even drag and drop mod folders into TA2DST and it will add the correct path.

I have not checked this with A3 at all yet. I know some people have used it, but it's not supported on purpose yet.. Will refactor it for A2 and then I'll start testing it with A3.

Oh, so that's it. Yeah, the folder path for mods doesn't matter, you can even drag and drop mod folders into TA2DST and it will add the correct path.

I have not checked this with A3 at all yet. I know some people have used it, but it's not supported on purpose yet.. Will refactor it for A2 and then I'll start testing it with A3.

Sound amazing mate.

Im really looking forward to a fully working server launcher for arma 3 :)

Atm we are kinda forced to use the good old .bat method. Works well tbh, but im missing the beautiful GUI. Hehe.

And for the Arma 3 compatability, everything is pretty much the same as in Arma 2, except some of the actual names of the files ofc.

I havent found any Arma 3 specific setting yet, that wasnt in Arma 2.

server.cfg, basic.cfg and profile looks just like arma 2, seems to work the exact same way aswell.

The new version is coming along fine. It will be at least a couple of weeks before release - but it's turning out real nice. The code is so much more organized now. It will give me the opportunity to have a much faster release cycle. I really want to implement all the good ideas coming up from you guys and from now it will be much easier. Added a spontaneous new feature today... now you can add and remove reporting IP's to the dropdown yourself.

But the main goal now is to get it up to where the old version currently is. After release I will start fixing it for Arma 3. That will be out this summer too.

It sounds amazing mate, keep up the good work.

Your doing a huge favor to the entire community by continuing this application, cant thank you enough hehe.

As for the "spontaneous" options, keep them comming, one can never have enough dropdown menu's. ;)

Here's the change log so far (these posts might change)

v2.0 - 2013.xx.xx

New: Completely rewritten from the ground up. Less buggy and allows for much faster release cycles.

New: TA2DST save files are now binary.

New: Difficulty reset button now only affect selected difficulty.

New: Set ingame server profile name.

New: Edit and add custom reporting IP's.

New: Reset button in performance settings.

New: Added signatures version option.

Improved: Tweaked the profile handling system a bit.

Improved: Tweaked RTP live monitor, window will only update when file has changed.

Improved: Updated and added some information texts and tool tips.

Fixed: Max players could only be 64 (10000 now)

Fixed: VoN Codec quality now goes to 20

Awesome stuff Tophe thank you for continuing the support and development of a brilliant free tool that has made our life so much easier. Can't wait to try it!

hi mate

any plans on makeing this for arma3

i was hopeing to create a dedi server tonight for arma 3 using latest beta.

will this great tool all ready work with arma 3?

thanks