tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Does this work with a linux game server?

It's a windows program, but you can use it to generate config files - those should be usable on Linux. Haven't tried though.

Thanks for your reply Tophe. Would there happen to be any admin software for a Linux server?

Thanks for your reply Tophe. Would there happen to be any admin software for a Linux server?

I haven't seen any around actually, but I'm sure there's something. Check the downloads section at armaholic.com

Hi there Tophe on my server I can't connect to RCon. Do you know what the problem might be?

Hi there Tophe on my server I can't connect to RCon. Do you know what the problem might be?

Don't know why. My tool does nothing to Rcon yet, and I haven't looked into how it's used - so I'm afraid I can't help you with Rcon at all. Might do that this summer... Thinking of refactoring the whole app, the code is like spaghetti.

Hey mate.

Im having some issues with the signature verification. Its flicked on in the software, but when i open the server.fgc its set to 1 and not 2.

No matter what i do, it changes back to 1, and as far as i know its an obsolete system and everybody should use 0 or 2.

Am i doing something wrong or does the software need an update? thx.

Hey mate.

Im having some issues with the signature verification. Its flicked on in the software, but when i open the server.fgc its set to 1 and not 2.

No matter what i do, it changes back to 1, and as far as i know its an obsolete system and everybody should use 0 or 2.

Am i doing something wrong or does the software need an update? thx.

You're doing it right. I need to update. I might try to release a small update adressing that problem real soon. Sorry for that.

You're doing it right. I need to update. I might try to release a small update adressing that problem real soon. Sorry for that.

alright :) very nice to hear mate.

sorry..... run as....

Ah :) Yes I'll look into that too. I'm afraid that I need to refactor the whole program before I can add any more extravagant features... I've basically gotten a degree in programming since I did this and the code is just a mess.

It's really good to see you are still about Tophe your tool has helped me no end in both running servers myself and helping others to run servers. Thanks for your hard work and continued interest.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hey again mate.

I just wanted to swing by and let you know ive been testing your tool with Arma III Alpha the last couple of weeks.

It works, almost perfect tbh :)

All one has to do is point to arma3.exe and add "-server" to start parameter.

The only issue i have, if it even is an issue tbh, sometimes im forces to click Launch 10-15 times before something actually happens.

Ive looked through the thread and cant really find anything like it, so im blaming A3 Alpha haha.

But basicly i wanted to say we are using it with A3 and it works out of the box for us.

You should consider changing the name of the tool, if you are thinkig of a "rebuild" perhaps heh.

All one has to do is point to arma3.exe and add "-server" to start parameter.

Also, the DST writes the serverprofile with all the difficulty settings to the wrong file. Specifically, it writes a profile for A2 and OA, but not one for A3 aplha. You can copy the contents of the OA one to the alpha profile file and it does work, but it'd be wonderful if this last piece of the jigsaw could be put in place to make this tool full compatible with A3 aklpha.

Also, the DST writes the serverprofile with all the difficulty settings to the wrong file. Specifically, it writes a profile for A2 and OA, but not one for A3 aplha. You can copy the contents of the OA one to the alpha profile file and it does work, but it'd be wonderful if this last piece of the jigsaw could be put in place to make this tool full compatible with A3 aklpha.

Well we never changed anything in the difficulty, so actually never saw ;) Thx.

Another thing I just found to get the DST up to Arma 3....

On the first tab, the server logging stuff... most of the buttons don't work because they insist on the server file field pointing at an OA or an A2 executable.

Good to hear that you are trying it out guys! I will definitively have a release for A3 ready... I'll have to refactor the whole thing first. But my plan is to get this tool on track and continue supporting it as long as it's needed. I love that people use it, and I've gotten a lot of emails over the years from people that have wanted to run their own server but never figured out how - until they found TA2DST. That makes me so happy! So of course I will try to get this thing rolling again.

What should I call it?

Well, im thinking just plain Arma Dedicated Server Tool and possibly create profiles for each game within the launcher.

So you click "Arma 3" and it automaticly generates the correct files for A3, same for A2 :)

It deff made my life so much easier and ive been telling people left and right about it, all are very excited about this tool :)

this tool is excellent..... the easiest way to host servers..... all arma versions need this ..

I will definitively have a release for A3 ready... I'll have to refactor the whole thing first. But my plan is to get this tool on track and continue supporting it as long as it's needed.

This is excellent news. I'm proper chuffed to read this.

Good to hear that you are trying it out guys! I will definitively have a release for A3 ready... I'll have to refactor the whole thing first. But my plan is to get this tool on track and continue supporting it as long as it's needed. I love that people use it, and I've gotten a lot of emails over the years from people that have wanted to run their own server but never figured out how - until they found TA2DST. That makes me so happy! So of course I will try to get this thing rolling again.

What should I call it?

Call it TA3DST, to follow the namestory of the program ;)

Call it TA3DST, to follow the namestory of the program ;)

Well, it has to be something different if it works for both A2 and A3 maybe? Maybe just TADST or TASK/TAS (Tohpe's Arma ServerKit) or something like that.

If your gonna "re-write" it, it should change name to distinguish the difference properly, in my oppinion :)

We'll see what I'll come up with. Just opened the source again - my god! About the refactoring... For you OOP nerds out there... it's roughly 4000 lines of code in a single class. This will be a fun summer!

Edited by Tophe