tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

I'm having trouble launching ArmA2 Combined Operations through this launcher. I'm using "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" to start the server and when I do it says I'm missing Utes and other ArmA2 content. It is only launching Operation Arrowhead.

I'm having trouble launching ArmA2 Combined Operations through this launcher. I'm using "\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" to start the server and when I do it says I'm missing Utes and other ArmA2 content. It is only launching Operation Arrowhead.

Add this (including quotes) to your parameters:

"-mod=D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;CA"

You may need to change the path, but have it link to your arma 2 folder

Hey guys, I'm new to this game("ARMA 2") and server hosting, so would be much appreciated if i got some help.:o

In the Server Hosting Tool "TA2DST v.13". I made My own dedicated server, but i have a problem, cause the server shows up in Lan , and i want it to show up with the internet servers. How do i change my server to show up in Internet.

-Thank You Guys, :o

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Tophes ArmA 2 Dedicated Server Tool (TA2DST) v.1.3

by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

TA2DST v1.3

The Armed Assault series allows an amazing array of settings to freely customize dedicated servers.

This means you will have to edit quite a few config files to get it running the way you like.

TA2DST is a tool that will greatly simplify this. All you need to do is to choose the settings you like.

Then the application will create all necessary files according to your settings and start the server with the appropriate arguments.

All necessary files will be created in a folder called 'TA2DST'.

You can save different profiles to easily switch between server setups.

In the folder TA2DST a new folder for each profile will be created. This folder contains all files associated to the profile.

Here you will find a file named '<profile_name>.TA2DST'. This contains all your settings for that profile.

You can share your TA2DST settings with the community with this single file.

INSTALLATION

=============

Copy the file 'TA2DST.exe' to your ArmA2 game folder.

* Note that it's important that the file is in the game root folder, i.e. C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

* If you are upgrading from an earlier version of TA2DST you might need to delete your old TA2DST folder so the program may create new settings files.

* You also need to have .NET installed.

FUTURE PLANS

=============

Plans for upcoming releases:

• System for setting Mission Parameters.
  • Drag and drop ordering of mods and missions.
  • Live monitoring of netlog and RTP file.
  • Process monitoring, restart server on crash.
  • Start as service.
  • Export function, that lets you export all files for use on other systems (Linux etc.)
  • More detailed documentation.

VERSION HISTORY

================

1.3 - 2011.02.09

• New function to set mission loading order.
  • Mod and Mission loading order is now saved in the profile
  • Voting bug fixed. Disabling voting now works.
  • MOTD maximum interval is increased to 999 seconds

1.2 - 2010.11.06

• New function to set mod loading order.

1.1b - 2010.11.05

• Fixed bug with 'Precision Enemy' value.
  • Added checkbox to disable/enable server voting.

1.0b - 2010.08.15

• Support for beta servers
  • Added mod tab.
  • Added parameters text box.
  • Added preview.
  • Several minor bugs fixed.

0.9b2 - 2010.08.09

• Added profiles.
  • Added error-catches for an unidentified bug that gives
    some users an error the first time they run the program.
  • Several minor bugs ironed out.

0.9b - 2010.08.08

• Initial beta release

I'd be very happy if you could help me out and report any bugs, problems, ideas, suggestions, smoothie recipes etc. in this thread

It would be greatly appreciated if u could tell how i can change from LAN TO INTERNET SERVER

It is probably a firewall problem. Try turning off your firewall (both in windows and the router). If that workds you can turn it on and start opening ports instead.

@thanks for that one i had the same problem but turning of the firewall worked:yay:

How is the update coming along Tophe?

Still awaiting that pm ;)

I need help, I got the server to work and all, but when I put the missions in, it don't show up, so I converted it over to PBO's, and it showed up, but when I went into the server to play and all, its not the same missions, they are missions that I don't even have anymore. So please help! thanks!

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

And also, the missions are like ib%20training%20?

How is the update coming along Tophe?

Still awaiting that pm ;)

Yo! Sorry for the delay. I think it's pretty ready for a minor release. I've been held up by other programming stuff... Will PM this week! Promise! Thanks for helping out.

How can i use BE client thing with this? it asked for Rcon code but I dont know where to find that in this tool?

Tophe, just want to thank you again for making this excellent program.

I know you're working on an update and was wondering if you could include a few things:

1) A "requiredBuild=xxxxx;" field for the server.cfg. This way people can know what version you're running of the beta

2) A checkbox to launch Combined Operations instead of having to put "-mod=D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;CA" in the parameters.

Thanks!

Can't wait for a new version of this...1.3 seems to throw a ton of "Value not Valid" errors. :(

Edited by MavericK96

Can't wait for a new version of this...1.3 seems to throw a ton of "Value not Valid" errors. :(

I actually don't know why it keeps doing that. I am rebuilding the settings file system to use XML or something more stable.

This version might fix some of the those problems as a result of me fixing some other bugs, but I have not adressed that problem specifically. Some people get it often but most never do, so it's kind of a mystery to me. I have to admit I started coding this when I didn't know any C# at all...

Now I know a great deal more, so I'm thinking of refactoring the whole software to be able to add new features a bit quicker.

I'm sending the new (very modest update) to a couple of testers this weekend. Then I'll start on that.

@zuff: Do you have any good links with valid information on your point no.1 first ? I'll try to put that in this version.

@zuff: Do you have any good links with valid information on your point no.1 first ? I'll try to put that in this version.

Sure:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19800&pid=191774#pid191774

It's a big deal with Day Z. It seems people with older beta versions can still connect to newer beta servers. With the drastic changes and anti-cheat measures that vary from beta to beta, it's important making sure your players are all on the same page so to speak.

From http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg:

requiredBuild=xxxxx; From 1.60 Patchlog: requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect.

Sure:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19800&pid=191774#pid191774

It's a big deal with Day Z. It seems people with older beta versions can still connect to newer beta servers. With the drastic changes and anti-cheat measures that vary from beta to beta, it's important making sure your players are all on the same page so to speak.

From http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg:

requiredBuild=xxxxx; From 1.60 Patchlog: requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect.

Great, thank you! I'll definitively throw that in somehow. What do you think of this idea...

A tickbox to turn requireBuild on or off and a short textfield where you manually put the buildnumber (it will be greyed out if the checkbox is unchecked)

That sounds perfect! Thanks :D

Alright.. I think it's finished for testing.

Zuff, would you also like to try it out before I release it?

Really nice of you to remind me of the Required Build thingy... I'm pretty happy with the implementation, just did it an hour ago.

You can enter the build in the textbox, but you can also double click the textbox - then it will fill out the build number of the game exe associated with your selected server exe (since the server exe and the game exe doesn't always have the same build number). That way, you don't have to remember the build number - you can always double click and get the latest installed build.

Edited by Tophe

Sure! Just PM me a download link and I'll run it tonight.

Thanks for asking!

Ok, version 1.4 is now out (check first post.)

These are the modest changes in this version...

• Live RPT log monitoring (needs som fine tuning).
  • Export function for config files and parameters.
  • Added "Minimum Error To Send Near" in performance settings.
  • Added option for "requiredBuild=xxxxx", with automatic build retriever.
  • Drag and drop folders functionality for mods.
  • Drag and drop ordering for mods and missions.
  • Checked missions and mods now stay checked after refresh.
  • Fixed bug - Expert settings didn't work.
  • Fixed bug - Initial start would create a TA2DST folder on HD root.
  • Fixed bug - Couldn't save settings while server was running.

Also I added <> as option in the server reporting IP menu. (forgot to put that in the readme)

Looks good!

I'm noticing a few things though

- Difficulty Skill level numbers are not changing while selecting different difficulties

- Difficulty default set at the mission tab doesn't seem to take effect.

- Minimum Error to send was blank upon fresh startup

- Under the "Reporting IP" dropdown, there's a blank field with "<>" in it.

- I just got the Settings File corrupted from a clean start up (no previous TA2DST settings in folder) and "Do you want to reset the file?" does nothing when you click "Yes"

Edited by zuff

Thx.

- Difficulty is not selected in the Difficulty tab - it is in the the missions tab. Cycling between the four difficulties should change the numbers. They do on all my test computers.

- Minimum Error is also supposed to be filled in. I can not duplicate that error, I always get it filled in.

- The <> is a request for being able to run server and multiple clients on one machine.

Could you try and restart the program with no TA2DST folder in the Arma folder at all?

Thx.

- Difficulty is not selected in the Difficulty tab - it is in the the missions tab. Cycling between the four difficulties should change the numbers. They do on all my test computers.

- Minimum Error is also supposed to be filled in. I can not duplicate that error, I always get it filled in.

- The <> is a request for being able to run server and multiple clients on one machine.

Could you try and restart the program with no TA2DST folder in the Arma folder at all?

I did start 1.4 with no TA2DST folder at all. Does TA2DST store any other settings in another folder? (My Documents, Appdata, etc)

And I did set the mission default in the missions tab, didn't seem to take effect but that's not a big issue at all.

EDIT:

Clicking "Reset" on the difficulty tab gave me this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '55' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
  at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
  at WindowsFormsApplication1.mainForm.ProfileFileRead()
  at WindowsFormsApplication1.mainForm.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TA2DST
   Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma%202%20operation%20arrowhead/TA2DST.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by zuff

TA2DST doesn't do anything outside the game folder. Maybe you have some kind of special path or folder structure?

I'm not really sure what you mean about the difficulty... What effect is it that doesn't seem to take effect, and where?

You select the mission difficulty at the mission tab - that choice will end up in the TA2DST_config.cfg.

The settings for each level of difficulty is set under the difficulty tab. Those values end up in the .Arma2OAProfile and .ArmA2Profile files.

Choose a difficulty under missions tab and check at least one mission, then use the export function and see what the config files say.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

EDIT:

Clicking "Reset" on the difficulty tab gave me this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '55' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
  at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
  at WindowsFormsApplication1.mainForm.ProfileFileRead()
  at WindowsFormsApplication1.mainForm.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
TA2DST
   Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma%202%20operation%20arrowhead/TA2DST.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

That is a really strange error... I can't duplicate it. It works here. How does your path and folder structure look? Is the TA2DST.exe located in the root-folder of your game?

Yes.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

TA2DST creates the folder which is then located here:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\TA2DST

Here's a video with the installation of TA2DST then error:

4fXt9siTjX0