tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Great tool I've been using it for a long time now. I do however have a problem I'm running into. I'm trying to set up the server to launch Combined Operations + ACE + Isla Duala + Beta Patch properly without errors and it just doesn't want to work for me. Launching from "operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" with these mods:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@brg_africa;@fallujah1_2;@ibr_dtowns;@ibr_plants;@isla_duala;BAF;PMC;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

I get "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGamUI/MPTable.shadow'."

I'm having the same issues here now, but with other mods.

I'm trying to run a mission on Lingor, so I'm starting it with @lingor;BAF;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;PMC. Getting the same error as Juggernaut.

I can get as far as role assignment, but as soon as I try to launch it just restarts back to role selection.

Edit; Nevermind this, I just merged the ArmA2 folder with the Arrowhead folder and it works.

Edited by Zrix

K, now i'm having an issue with this?

When starting servers,it's not always sticking to the ports i'm defining.

Not overly a big problem but, it is when my server monitors on my website are not being picked up cause the random change in ports when servers are being started??

ck

Not overly a big problem but, it is when my server monitors on my website are not being picked up cause the random change in ports when servers are being started??

ck

Don't think it has anything to do with TA2DST. It will only start the server with a set port.

Might be a server bug, or perhaps something with your router.

Ok, I have a version ready. Just a few bugfixes and some modest new features. I would however love it if one or two could try it out for me before I release it. Anyone that want to help beta test it for an evening?

ck

when you run multiple servers make sure to always start them in the same order.

If the assigned port is taken / used by another instance it tends to automatically choose the next free port.

Hi McSpeed,

I see what your saying, but surely if each of my 4 servers all have their own ports defined-2302,2304,2316,2317 they should start as defined?

I have managed to get them to fire up correctly now but forgot what i did ? lol

@ Tophe

Yepp i'm up for testing if you need?

Great tool I've been using it for a long time now. I do however have a problem I'm running into. I'm trying to set up the server to launch Combined Operations + ACE + Isla Duala + Beta Patch properly without errors and it just doesn't want to work for me. Launching from "operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" with these mods:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@brg_africa;@fallujah1_2;@ibr_dtowns;@ibr_plants;@isla_duala;BAF;PMC;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

I get "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGamUI/MPTable.shadow'."

I'm having the same issues here now, but with other mods.

I'm trying to run a mission on Lingor, so I'm starting it with @lingor;BAF;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;PMC. Getting the same error as Juggernaut.

I can get as far as role assignment, but as soon as I try to launch it just restarts back to role selection.

Edit; Nevermind this, I just merged the ArmA2 folder with the Arrowhead folder and it works.

Still haven't seen a reply to this problem. Aside from copying the entire ArmA 2 addons folder into operation arrowhead. That's no fix though.

Still haven't seen a reply to this problem. Aside from copying the entire ArmA 2 addons folder into operation arrowhead. That's no fix though.

I don't think it has anything to do with TA2DST. Try to start your server the normal way with all your mods activated and see if you get the same error.

You could also try changing the order of the mods.

Also, on a side-note, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2" isn't a mod folder, it's the root.

You should pick the mod folder inside if you want to include that.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Hi McSpeed,

I see what your saying, but surely if each of my 4 servers all have their own ports defined-2302,2304,2316,2317 they should start as defined?

I have managed to get them to fire up correctly now but forgot what i did ? lol

@ Tophe

Yepp i'm up for testing if you need?

Cool thanks! I'll PM you later!

I don't think it has anything to do with TA2DST. Try to start your server the normal way with all your mods activated and see if you get the same error.

You could also try changing the order of the mods.

Also, on a side-note, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2" isn't a mod folder, it's the root.

You should pick the mod folder inside if you want to include that.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

The problem is TA2DST is launching Operation Arrowhead. I need Combined Ops instead of OA.

I was not selecting ArmA2's default directory for a mod, I was selecting that in an attempt to load ArmA 2 as a mod to mimic launching Combined Operations.

The problem is TA2DST is launching Operation Arrowhead. I need Combined Ops instead of OA.

I was not selecting ArmA2's default directory for a mod, I was selecting that in an attempt to load ArmA 2 as a mod to mimic launching Combined Operations.

I know there are some stuff you need to do to get a dedicated server to start with CO if you're using steam. TA2DST basically just does what you tell it to do. It doesn't start the server in any special way.

Search the forums on how to set up a Setam CO dedicated server and apply that to TA2DST.

I am a noob but I cannot figure how to add missions do I have to put some paramerters in or something? I have looked and it seems no one has this problem soo... Please help thanks.

Hi Tophe, I downloaded your server tool about 2 days ago, it has been working really great. Except I have been running this mission that is one big map and you try and get money and jobs and stuff. It's an RPG mission and I downloaded it and put it into missions but when I shut the server down and turn it back on the map resets. I was wondering if there is a way to save the map before the shutdown so I can resume the game. Is there? Thank you for your time. Please get back to me.....

Hi Tophe, I downloaded your server tool about 2 days ago, it has been working really great. Except I have been running this mission that is one big map and you try and get money and jobs and stuff. It's an RPG mission and I downloaded it and put it into missions but when I shut the server down and turn it back on the map resets. I was wondering if there is a way to save the map before the shutdown so I can resume the game. Is there? Thank you for your time. Please get back to me.....

That depends on mission settings.

That depends on mission settings.

Okay so the mission settings....? Is that in the mission file or the server tool. XD Such a noobbb. Thanks

It would be in the mission file, but what he meant is that it has to be designed by the mission creator to be able to be saved.

There is also a persistence setting in the server tool to make it so the mission continues to run even if there are no clients, which may not be what you want but that is an option.

It would be in the mission file, but what he meant is that it has to be designed by the mission creator to be able to be saved.

There is also a persistence setting in the server tool to make it so the mission continues to run even if there are no clients, which may not be what you want but that is an option.

Okay well thanks I'll look into trying to save it. The people on my server have really been getting mad about the resets. So thanks again...

Hello again.

Among lots of server profiles i m running,i wanna run a 'public' server with a custom folder for MP missions.

The default MP folder has tons of irrelevant stuff for non-clan-guys..but essential for my team-and i want

connected pubs be able to select among specific missions.

How do i do that?? :confused:

easiest way to do it would be:

just make a copy of your entire arma folder (put the launcher files in each folder as well) and treat them seperate.

one for clan/private and one for public.

this way you can set up configs for each and dont have to worry about changing them. if your hardware can handle it you can also run both server simultaneously each using its own folder, mods, config and server.exe

easiest way to do it would be:

just make a copy of your entire arma folder (put the launcher files in each folder as well) and treat them seperate.

one for clan/private and one for public.

this way you can set up configs for each and dont have to worry about changing them. if your hardware can handle it you can also run both server simultaneously each using its own folder, mods, config and server.exe

Thank you mate.

Seems nice by-pass ;)

Hi

we want to start our server with the latest beta patch witch is located in the expansion folder. The Server starts without a problem. But we get no response about the actual version of the server. There is no info about the version in the serverlist in the client and no info in the server window. I think the server starts in normal 1.60 version and not in the beta version. Can you help us to fix the problem?

Unbenannt-1.jpgUnbenannt-2.jpgarma2oa.jpg

OK. I found the Problem. In TA2DST version 1.3 in the serverconfig file is missing the line requiredBuild="beta_version_number";

Can you bring this line in one of the next releases?

Hi again any more news on this great app?.

Thanks

Mondreiter as far as I am aware your server IS running the latest beta it just doesn't enforce the rule that clients HAVE to be running the same version.

Once I figured out what info needed to be in the "Server File" line and hit launch I was prompted to "Save as default?" and said yes.

My security app asked me about three times if I wanted to allow the app to act as a server.

Then I got an error window saying:

The process cannot access the file 'C:Program Files\(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\TA2DST\default\Users\TA2DST\TA2DST.ArmA2OAProfile' because it is being used by another process.

Does this mean I need to close the server console before closing TA2DST to save the profile? When I closed everything and restarted my info had been saved.

All I'm trying to do is play Warfare Benny Edition, and I understand that it needs to run through a dedicated server to perform properly.

So yeah, figured out that: if I launch ArmA2OA while TA2DST and the server console are both running, I have my dedicated 1 player server showing up in my list of available servers in my MP window. Did manage to launch Warfare Benny and start playing. Everything worked.

But the game was more laggy than I have ever seen it lag.

Is this normal?

All an innocent noob like me wants to know really is: Why oh WHY is it necessary to run a mission through a damn 'server' when all I'm doing is playing against the AI on my own damn machine!?

Edited by Anthropoid