tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Random players drop into the server depends on how many at one time are on playing. I was monitoring the FPS and all that when there were 4 people and myself and the FPS seemed to be doing fine then a bit later it just started getting laggy at times and like I said before the rubber band effect. Can you give me a idea of what these numbers should be at fo FPS, memory usage ,and the kbts out and in? Also can I make some adjustments to the performance options to make it a stronger server?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Oh ya sorry I forgot to add that it is CO_30_domination_2_60r_west_OA.Takistan . Is this the latest I have searched and not found a later version. And what kind of PC would be best to run a strong server on? Is it more about my internet connection or the PC specs?

It's all of the above. Domination really needs a commercial grade server machine and connection for more than a couple of players.

HHHMMM well I build custom PC's and the one that I am using to run the server is one I had built for my girlfreind I have another extra PC I could setup with higher end specs. What is your definition of comercial grade PC? Can you give me a general idea of what you think it would take to run a domination server smoothly aside from the internet end just PC specs.

Thanks for the help.

It's really not an exact science. With ArmA2 servers, you need as much power as you can possibly afford. A 3 core phenom isn't going to cope with much.

Here's mine. My Domination mission, which has been cleaned up, optimised and changed quite a bit runs on there. I've had 8 players in it and it coped well.

Thanks I think I might just throw together a new rig with the stuff I have laying around. EVGA 780i sli MOBO , intel core 2 extreme QX9650 3.00GHZ, Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA HD , evga GTX 285 2GB video card , 8GB Corsair DDR 2 ram , on vista ultimate OS , 750 Watt PSU. Do you think it would be worth the wrench time to throw it together and see how it handles running the server? Can you maybe send me a link to your domination map that you modified ? I would like to see if it makes a difference. What did you change on it?

Would this work with a server that you have only remote ftp access to..as six updater is a nitemare to try and get to work..I rent a server from AOWC and need a simple utility so I dont have to manually install and do everything. Thanks

JC

Thanks I think I might just throw together a new rig with the stuff I have laying around. EVGA 780i sli MOBO , intel core 2 extreme QX9650 3.00GHZ, Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA HD , evga GTX 285 2GB video card , 8GB Corsair DDR 2 ram , on vista ultimate OS , 750 Watt PSU.

That looks much more like a good server. How are these connected to the internet though? Are they at your home, sharing your domestic internet, because that could be a factor too.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Can you maybe send me a link to your domination map that you modified ? I would like to see if it makes a difference. What did you change on it?

It's very nearly finished. It's quite and old version of Domination, but it's taken that long to do. Mostly, it's about removing stuff that didn't work and/or was too performance intensive, then adding features we wanted. If I get time, I'll sort an interim release in the next couple of days.

Ya this is just a server at home on my home network for my own intertainment and whoever want's to jump on and play some domination.At the moment I have the server PC hard wired into my router its not on a WI-FI connection. I found a forum that was talking about resorces for running a dedicated arma 2 server and what I got from it was the more ram the better and higher end CPU is going to help. I wasn't sure what type of ram the in server monitor was reading as being used if it was V-RAM or system RAM. After reading that forum topic I now am clear that it is sytem RAM they said 4 gigs for 64 bit windows 7 at least wich is what that pc has. I figure its got to be on the CPU end I have allways used intell don't know much about AMD CPU's I got a good deal on that MOBO and the CPU came with it. But anyway I figure I will build that PC and just see what the server does on a higher end machine. I would still like to have a more better understanding on the performance options for the tool and how to best set them. Ya I would like to check out your domination map and see how it does pls post here when I can grab it from somewhere. Thanks

The server needs as much CPU as it can get. Domination is all about the AI and it's them that drag the server down.

Your ISP bandwidth is important. What's your upload and download?

Something you should try... find the same mission running on a server on the internet, ideally something with a low ping and then you and your mates join and play it. See how you get on after a few missions.

Hi Toff, I'm getting this box message after try to load a profile:

bugqx.jpg

After this message box, I have to rebuild all my config with active mods and missions, and the server runs ok....:(

What's happening here?

Hi Toff, I'm getting this box message after try to load a profile:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7161/bugqx.jpg Do not quote images!

After this message box, I have to rebuild all my config with active mods and missions, and the server runs ok....:(

What's happening here?

Hello.

For some reason your settings file has turned corrupted. Don't know why, but the values for the different boxes has got scrambled. But it works after reset right?

Edited by Foxhound
quoted image removed

Hello.

For some reason your settings file has turned corrupted. Don't know why, but the values for the different boxes has got scrambled. But it works after reset right?

Thx Tophe,

yes, it works after reset and setting rebuild. But after close TA2DST, and start's again, the message shows me again.... :(

In the past, with this same version, I did'nt have this problem....

I reinstalled the utility, but the problem continues....

Thx Tophe,

yes, it works after reset and setting rebuild. But after close TA2DST, and start's again, the message shows me again.... :(

In the past, with this same version, I did'nt have this problem....

I reinstalled the utility, but the problem continues....

that's strange. Try completely removing the TA2DST folder from your Arma folder, then start over. Might work...

that's strange. Try completely removing the TA2DST folder from your Arma folder, then start over. Might work...

Great!!! It's OK now after remove!!! :yay:

Best regards!!!!!

Update.

The last problem backs again after a long time , but now, see the issue: :mad:

- I remove the TA2DST folder

- I enter in TA2DST

- rebuild settings with ACE2 and ACRE

- save the profile

- exit from TA2DST

- I enter in TA2DST

- When I select the profile again, I see the msg :

bugqx.jpg

- I select YES and I lost all my settings again....:butbut::butbut:

Help-me....

=(

That is really strange. It might have something to do with the path of your game.

I'll try to look into it the next time I take it out for a spin.

If you haven't reset the faulty settings file (.ta2dst) could you please paste the content here so I can see what is says?

Tophe, thanks by support.

Now, The problem turned out, after I removed the folder five times (non-sense for me)....

Below, the .TA2DST , see the "G:\steam..." to combined mode.....

// Settings file for TA2DST v1.3
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ARMA2OASERVER.exe
@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE;@CBA;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
True
False
teste
m16
x

False
False
False
False
False
False

True
True
False
True
True
False
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
True
False
True
True
True
True
False
False
False
False
True
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
True
False
False
False
True
True
False
False
False
False
False
True
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False
False

True
:::MISSIONS:::
[uFA]co@24_ACE_BattleofHusybah.fallujah.pbo
[uFA]CO20ACEACREIncoming.Takistan.pbo
co@03_Academia_TK.Takistan.pbo
co@04_CortandoCabecas.Chernarus.pbo
co@05_Academia_AT.Chernarus.pbo
co@06_Academia_SF_Xplo_Ace2.Zargabad.pbo
co@06_Academia_SOFLAM.Zargabad.pbo
co@06_AcademiaMedica_ACE2_A2F.utes.pbo
co@10_CQB_Treino_A2F.utes.pbo
co@10_FlashAttack.ProvingGrounds_PMC.pbo
co@18_Academia_RADIO_ACRE.utes.pbo
co@22_OpBlackout2_ACE_ACRE.Chernarus.pbo
co@26_AmeacaNuclear_ACE2_ACRE.Takistan.pbo
co@26_OA_ACE_Restrepo_A2F.Takistan.pbo
co@29_TempChern_EP1_ACE_ACRE.Chernarus.pbo
co@40_Academia_Infantaria_A2F.Chernarus.pbo
Co10NeptuneSpear(ForAce).fallujah.pbo
Co12_ACE_Battle_of_Husybah_v1-0.fallujah.pbo
Co12_ACE_Nasiriyah_Battle_v1-1.fallujah.pbo
LHD_Spawner.utes.pbo
mso_12_a2co_cti_us_vs_tak_vs_gue_4-0.zargabad.pbo
mso_13_a2co_coop_usmc_vs_ru_4-0.fdf_isle1_a.pbo
mso_13_a2co_coop_usmc_vs_ru_gue_4-0.lingor.pbo
mso_16_a2co_cti_cdf_vs_ins_4-0.chernarus.pbo
mso_16_a2co_cti_cdf_vs_ins_4-0.cmr_cicada.pbo
mso_16_a2co_cti_us_vs_tak_4-0.takistan.pbo
mso_17_a2co_coop_guer_vs_ru_4-0.utes.pbo
mso_18_a2co_coop_us_cz_vs_tak_4-0.zargabad.pbo
mso_24_a2co_cti_us_vs_tak_vs_gue_4-0.takistan.pbo
mso_32_a2co_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.takistan.pbo
mso_32_a2co_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.tup_qom.pbo
mso_32_a2co_coop_baf_usmc_vs_ru_ins_4-0.chernarus.pbo
mso_32_ace_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.takistan.pbo
mso_32_ace_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.tup_qom.pbo
mso_32_ace_coop_baf_usmc_vs_ru_ins_4-0.chernarus.pbo
mso_70_a2co_tvt_usmc_vs_gue_4-0.utes.pbo
mso_70_ace_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.clafghan.pbo
mso_8_a2co_cti_us_vs_tak_4-0.zargabad.pbo
mso_8_ace_coop_baf_usa_vs_tak_ins_gue_4-0.zargabad.pbo
NuclearTest.Chernarus.pbo
Test_AutoMove.Chernarus.pbo
Test_MissX.utes.pbo
Test_Sniper_Shoot.utes.pbo
Teste_Missil_IGLA.Desert_E.pbo
:::CHECKED MISSIONS:::
co@29_TempChern_EP1_ACE_ACRE.Chernarus.pbo
:::MODS:::
@ACE
@ACEX
@ACEX_RU
@ACEX_USNavy
@ACRE
@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2
@CBA
@fallujah1_2
@JayArma2Lib
@JSRS1.4
@LEA
@sthud
@stmovement
BAF
BEsetup
DirectX
DLCsetup
dll
Expansion\beta
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion
:::CHECKED MODS:::
@ACE
@ACEX
@ACEX_RU
@ACEX_USNavy
@ACRE
@CBA
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
G:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion

Hey Tophe,

Firstly, this utility is indispensable for me! So thankyou so much.

Would it be possible to update the tool so that it has MinErrorToSendNear please without wiping it from the basic.config file.

Cheers mate.

Hello fellow travelers.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm just working on some bug fixes.

I hope to do a MINOR release, with primarily bug fixes shortly.

I'm sorry for neglecting the TA2DST but I've been busy with off Arma duty life.

I'll try to release as soon as the most annoying little bugs a squashed.

Bug report:

3D Performance of a server is being set at 1 and should be 93750

BEServer.cfg file is not being created in a profile directory, you have to do it manually

\Arma 2\TA2DST\serverprofile\BattlEye

Edited by Algrab

Welcome back Tophe ! Good to see that you will look at it again.

I use it ALL the time.

Bug report:

3D Performance of a server is being set at 1 and should be 93750

BEServer.cfg file is not being created in a profile directory, you have to do it manually

\Arma 2\TA2DST\profilserwera\BattlEye

Thank you. Honestly I haven't looked into the whole BatllEye thingy yet. Will fix that in future release.

The 3Dperf I will look at, but I don't think it's a bug. The 3dperf value is written by the engine at start, so changing it will have no effect.

I don't even think the value is used by the dedicated server, since it doen't render any objects.

@Kremator: thx man.

You are so wrong my friend. If you remove the 3D_Performance parameter from your basic.cfg file, dedicated server won't even start and will give you a message in RPT like this:

Version 1.60.87548

Warning Message: No entry 'basic_oa.cfg.3D_Performance'.

So the value is used. Since it is, there may be some difference between 0 and 93750

BTW. you might wonder why the dedicated server shows 'FPS results' after the '#monitor' command - since it doen't render any objects. Odd isn't it? Same with '3Dperf'.