tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

i wanna create ded server becouse seems like all the best warfare's and cti missions require it..

Well could't do it on my own and decided to try this dedi server tool of yours.

I cant see my server in serverlist.. wth am i doing wrong? I put the name, password etc like everyone would but it wont show up ingame server list anywhere, ever. Only shows as my computer name if i only use dediserv.exe without server tool but even then it wont work.

You have opened the required ports on yo router yeah?.

And yes this tool is a life saver I attempted to do it manually I had no chance this tool made it a snap.

You have opened the required ports on yo router yeah?.

And yes this tool is a life saver I attempted to do it manually I had no chance this tool made it a snap.

Would love to know how to do that.. my ISP did not even give me manual how to access my router >_>

But why it makes server show ingame browser when i just start it using normal ded server (not using tool)?

But why it makes server show ingame browser when i just start it using normal ded server

Because its local?.

(not using tool)?

this is on a different computer?

Oh I think I got ya now ummm have you correctly filled in all the required info the tool needs to actually start the server.

When you hit start using tool does the ded server window open?.

But why it makes server show ingame browser when i just start it using normal ded server

Because its local?.

(not using tool)?

this is on a different computer?

Oh I think I got ya now ummm have you correctly filled in all the required info the tool needs to actually start the server.

When you hit start using tool does the ded server window open?.

i'm doing it on same computer. Normal ded server starts, edited doesent show in ingame browser

I love this thing. I haven't played in a while and I used to run my own little ded server with this. Now I came back to the game and try to have my own dedicated server with this, but it keeps giving me this "Addon CA_PMC requires version 1.57 of application"

Now, my game is patch to the latest 1.59. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Sounds to me like there is a problem with the registry entry for the Private Military Company DLC. I seem to remember having this and to solve it I ran PMC as standalone to get rid of it. Obviously PMC did not run as there is no graphics card in my server, but it got far enough to setup the registry entry. After that the OA server started correctly.

Hey guys, sorry for my absence. I really have way too little time for programming at the moment. Nut I see some other kind souls have entered the discussion and answered a few question. Thank you!

Once again, thx for using the tool. It will be updated eventually... promise. I just don't really know when. Family and music is occupying most of my time right now. But I will work through the do-able ideas in this thread. Thank you for your input.. TA2DST is my baby so I won't stop developing it.

Love this tool Tophe. Much respect.

Got a local dedicated server up in 5 minutes, thanks to this. Excellent.

BTW, I do get the same error as Richard in post 101, but it doesn't stop it launching the server.

Is there anyway of banning people with this tool??? Like i press 'Ban' but nothing happens...

If there is a way, how?

Is there anyway of banning people with this tool??? Like i press 'Ban' but nothing happens...

If there is a way, how?

This tool is just for starting the server with selected settings. Administrating a running server is done within Arma.

Edited by Tophe

This tool is just for starting the server with selected settings. Administrating a running server is done within Arma.

Okey, so how to i get the ban thingy up then?

Tophe,

Any chance in future versions you could create a generator for configs that are Fire Daemon compatible.

Kind of along the lines of your preview function, it would enable the use of your tool to generate lines for running servers as a service.

Would make your already very useful tool even friendlier :)

Okey, so how to i get the ban thingy up then?

Please answer him we at T.A.L.O.N. Server are having the same problem we had an attack from a hacker with darkie mod and there was no way to ban him ingame it just doesn't do anything

You go to map hit server control then select player and click ban it does squat!

Please someone give us a hand or suggest an alternative!

Just nitpicking here a bit but its not RTP its RPT........

Im a new server owner and its going very well thanks to this super tool.

Is there any easy way to make a normal shortcut that launches the arma2 server just like this tool? Or to make the DST restart the server when the machine restarts?

Please answer him we at T.A.L.O.N. Server are having the same problem we had an attack from a hacker with darkie mod and there was no way to ban him ingame it just doesn't do anything

You go to map hit server control then select player and click ban it does squat!

Please someone give us a hand or suggest an alternative!

Doesn't look like we get any future.

Like seriously, in normal hosting there is a file called Ban. in your documents, just type in the player ID and he is banned. But for this server, you can't do that, i tried to make a Ban file in the ArmA2 installation but didn't work either.

Is there ANYWAY anyone is able to say how to get this ban thingy up, or doesn't TA2DST support banning???

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of updates. I simply have no time to program at the moment. I will look into the whole ban hing. i don't know why it shouldn't work with this tool. But I'll look into it eventually.

Tophe - quick question about this excellent tool...

If use it to run a DS on my PC and then run the game to join the server, are the two instances totally separate?

Could global variables leak from one to the other?

Tophe - quick question about this excellent tool...

If use it to run a DS on my PC and then run the game to join the server, are the two instances totally separate?

Could global variables leak from one to the other?

Hey Tankbuster.

The two instances should be completely separate.

Hey Tankbuster.

The two instances should be completely separate.

Excellent. Thanks mate.

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of updates. I simply have no time to program at the moment. I will look into the whole ban hing. i don't know why it shouldn't work with this tool. But I'll look into it eventually.

Any news on this yet? :D

First off I am so glad I came across your server tool it is easy and quick to setup and use. good job Tophe and thanks for putting in the time on it. I have looked all over i'm sure this has been answered somewhere. I just want to understand and get the most out of the tools performance settings. My question is can you give me a more detailed run down of what these setting do exactly and the the best way to set them for maximum performance when running a server. I don't have experience with dedicated server settings at all. I started running a domination map yesterday and monitored the frames memmory and other numbers of in and out . The frames were gd for all of yesterday average of around 45 to 48 fps. When I got on today frames were very low and more memmory used I don't understand the other in and out numbers or what they should be at. Please I would be thankfull for any help.

I started another server running the same domination map and have been monitoring the FPS and memory use since the start and the FPS was a consitant 50 FPS untill about the 3rd town got taken then it jumps up and down and the server starts acting up as in rubber banding and other lagging issues. Also the memory usage was at about 230 MB at the start of the map and now it is at about 580 MB. Why is this and how can I solve this. Should I up the max messages sent and if so how high should I put it and what is the highest it can go? The system I am running the server on has 4 GB ddr2 of ram and a tripple core AMD phenom 8650 with a 8800 GTX card. I find it hard to believe that that system cant run the server without it degrading over a period of a day and a half.

Any responce from someone who has some knowledge of this tool and how best to set the performance options would be a great help.

Thanks.

You probably have two issue here. Your server isn't very strong.

Domination is very hard on the server, it's a very complex mission. Make sure you are running the latest version as older versions are less optimised.

How many players do you have? Do you find the more players you have, the sooner the server grinds to a halt?

Random players drop into the server depends on how many at one time are on playing. I was monitoring the FPS and all that when there were 4 people and myself and the FPS seemed to be doing fine then a bit later it just started getting laggy at times and like I said before the rubber band effect. Can you give me a idea of what these numbers should be at fo FPS, memory usage ,and the kbts out and in? Also can I make some adjustments to the performance options to make it a stronger server?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Oh ya sorry I forgot to add that it is CO_30_domination_2_60r_west_OA.Takistan . Is this the latest I have searched and not found a later version. And what kind of PC would be best to run a strong server on? Is it more about my internet connection or the PC specs?