tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

I get an error:

Value of '55' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

Setting file is corrupted.

You should reset it to default settings to fix the problem.

Do you want to reset the file?.

If I click yes, nothing happens. If I click no, TA2DST opens. Should I ignore this or what? I tried deleting the TA2DST folder and restarting it, same error happens.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I think its working, I just ignored the error and set it up.

Dumb question...I can only see my server in LAN. I'm trying to get it on the internet. What am I doing wrong?

I get an error:

Value of '55' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

Setting file is corrupted.

You should reset it to default settings to fix the problem.

Do you want to reset the file?.

If I click yes, nothing happens. If I click no, TA2DST opens. Should I ignore this or what? I tried deleting the TA2DST folder and restarting it, same error happens.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I think its working, I just ignored the error and set it up.

Dumb question...I can only see my server in LAN. I'm trying to get it on the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Some people get a few problems when starting up the first time.

I look into it a bit further...

About the LAN/Internet problem. Check your firewall(s).

Make sure it is open in the router and in windows.

Try disabling the firewall just to see if you can get it working.

Then you can try opening ports.

Got it working.

Does the performance settings change my game connection speed when I connect to another server as a client?

In other words, is my stock game affected from changing the performance settings? Or only when running the server exe?

Tophe,

Ref your "future plans" what is the time line on the following:

* Live monitoring of netlog and RTP file.

* Process monitoring, restart server on crash.

* Start as service.

They would be fantastic additions to what is already a superb tool. Anything that makes servers more manageable and controllable especially remotely would be a real help.

Hows about a BE Rcon tool linked in, now that would really add some icing on the cake !

Thanks again for this tool, even as she stands its making life easier for us admins.

Thank you!

I currently have no time line at all. But I will try to do it this spring.

I am extremely busy at the moment with work, family, recording sessions and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I'm thinking the live RTP monitor is a bit further down the list.

I want to get to Process Monitoring and Mission Parameters first.

The BE Rcon tool I will have to look into. I have no experience with it.

Thank you for pointing it out for me!

I've realized that people are using this much tool more than I anticipated, so I guess I owe it to our community to get it as close to perfect as anyone could want. I'll get on it.

Hell yeah if it was not for this tool I would not have been able to run the server I run for the last few months.

This tool is the balls.

Thanks

Hey, when i create a server, i enable the ACE mods and so on, but when i try to join, it get this message saying that i can't join because the server doesn't accept a file inside my mod folder and again inside Addons... So i can't join because there is files inside the mod folders that the server doesn't seem to pick up.. Any solutions??

Put the ace and cba bikey to arma2\keys on the server.

i have been trying to figure this Combined ops thing out for weeks. I am lost. THere are no good posts that show my situation. Can anyone shed some light on this..

My server

I installed Arma2 patched to 1.09 its in its own folder

Installed OA through steam and its in the Steamapps folder

So everything is default

When i want run this in Combined ops do i add "ca" to the mod line? do i create a @ca folder and click that as a mod? And whats this i here about moving folders into Arma2 folder? Can someone explain this better thanks.

....if your server is also your client (i.e. using two separate installs on the same computer like I have, as I also have steam OA / disc A2) then copy your entire expansion folder (and BAF / PMC if you have them) to your arma 2 server install folder. Using the tool add a new folder and select the 'expansion' folder in the install path. make sure you're using the arma2oaserver.exe and you'll be good to go.

this tool was so cool, so easy to run and use, especially for one like me with absolutely no knowledge of running servers.

Awsome work Tophe.

PS: i got this error when starting with Battle eye enabled:

3:41:03 Dedicated host created.

3:41:05 BattlEye initialization failed

I started the program as admin.

but i am just using server to test my own scripts and missions so i dont see a need for BE anyway, and running without it worked just fine.

Im using win 7 ultimate 64 bit, arma2 CO, patch 1.59 no beta, no addons.

server install is on same computer as client.

I copyed my entire arma2 folder to a new hardrive, placed the program in it, started it up, unchecked BE, set exe to server in new folder, set other options, click start. wohoo!! working so easy.

start up my arma2 oa game (on same PC) entered server name i made in filter, found server, entered pw, joined and all is good, missions good, everything good.

Again, amazing stuff.

Hey Tophe,

Good job on the new release. A few things:

Still getting this error randomly on startup:

http://grab.by/a3As

Also for a suggestion in a future release:

Could you add support for dragging mods and missions to reorder them instead of using the "Up" and "Down" buttons?

Also, refreshing the mod or mission lists unchecks all mods previously checked. Any way you could keep those checked?

Good work! This tool is a life saver for people who want to quickly run a server from home.

Hey Tophe,

Good job on the new release. A few things:

Still getting this error randomly on startup:

http://grab.by/a3As

Also for a suggestion in a future release:

Could you add support for dragging mods and missions to reorder them instead of using the "Up" and "Down" buttons?

Also, refreshing the mod or mission lists unchecks all mods previously checked. Any way you could keep those checked?

Good work! This tool is a life saver for people who want to quickly run a server from home.

Hey, thx for the new ideas. I will probably look into making a new version this summer. I don't know why some people get that error message sometimes, but just reset the cofig file and you should be good to go.

Thanks again, I'll keep your ideas in mind.

I have a small request.

Can you add "arma2copc.master.gamespy.com" to the "Reporting IP"!

Thankx,... great work! ;)

I have a small request.

Can you add "arma2copc.master.gamespy.com" to the "Reporting IP"!

Thankx,... great work! ;)

Thanks man.

Is that address in use? Are there any info on it anywhere?

Just want to make sure before adding it.

It's in use, it's for when you start the simulator with Combined Operations shortcut, it will appear in the game browser! ;)

You can see this adress in SIX Updater suite! ;)

It's in use, it's for when you start the simulator with Combined Operations shortcut, it will appear in the game browser! ;)

You can see this adress in SIX Updater suite! ;)

Thx! I'll bring this in the next update.

Witch is programed to come out when!?

Sometime this summer, or sooner if I get the time.

Don't really have that much time for programming at the moment.

But this is a lot of fun, and I know there are many people using it, so I will definitively continue updating it.

Is it possible to ban someone on the server? Like i login as admin, press ban but nothing happens.. If it ain't possible, could it be added? Like you can ban people if you host normally and a 'Ban' text document is created in your ArmA2 Documents in your profile.

Hi,

This is a great tool - makes it very easy to manage a server. I have a question, or depending on the answer a request...

I can't get the mods tab to re-scan the folder for mods added after the profile was created. The only way I can do it is to add the mod manually. This works, but if I am setting up a profile that then requires a few mods to be added it can be a bit long winded.

I expected the 'Refresh List' button to do this, but instead this just clears the selected mods and deletes all the mods added manually. I know it has a tool-tip, but I read this too late ;-) It might be better in a future version to label this 'Remove All'?

Anyway, minor points, as I said, this is a great tool!

Is it possible to ban someone on the server? Like i login as admin, press ban but nothing happens.. If it ain't possible, could it be added? Like you can ban people if you host normally and a 'Ban' text document is created in your ArmA2 Documents in your profile.

----

Also, for the next version, maybe you could add a boardcaster thingy. Like:

A line where you can type stuff, and you add a button you can call Boardcast or some. So the peopl on the server get hint on the right top saying what you wrote...

It is good if your going to do a server restart. You just go to the console, type in the sentence and all, press boardcast or what the button is going to be called if added. And the popup comes on the screen for the people on the server.

Also, for the next version, maybe you could add a boardcaster thingy. Like:

A line where you can type stuff, and you add a button you can call Boardcast or some. So the peopl on the server get hint on the right top saying what you wrote...

It is good if your going to do a server restart. You just go to the console, type in the sentence and all, press boardcast or what the button is going to be called if added. And the popup comes on the screen for the people on the server.

This idea is cool

I love this thing. I haven't played in a while and I used to run my own little ded server with this. Now I came back to the game and try to have my own dedicated server with this, but it keeps giving me this "Addon CA_PMC requires version 1.57 of application"

Now, my game is patch to the latest 1.59. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

i wanna create ded server becouse seems like all the best warfare's and cti missions require it..

Well could't do it on my own and decided to try this dedi server tool of yours.

I cant see my server in serverlist.. wth am i doing wrong? I put the name, password etc like everyone would but it wont show up ingame server list anywhere, ever. Only shows as my computer name if i only use dediserv.exe without server tool but even then it wont work.