tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

As requested, the 'TA2DST.save' file created AFTER I deleted the TA2DST folder.

---

// Settings file for TA2DST

true

false

---

The exact error as posted previously from myself still occurs.

false

false

false

false

false

false

True

True

False

True

True

False

True

True

False

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

False

True

True

True

True

True

False

True

True

True

True

True

False

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

True

False

True

True

True

True

False

False

False

False

True

False

True

False

False

True

False

False

True

False

False

True

False

False

False

True

True

False

False

False

False

False

True

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

False

Thank you.

Did you get the same error?

Hmm, how weird - I thought I wrote out that I still encounter the same error (at the end of my last post).

Yes I do still get the same error upon starting the program (have not saved anything from the program)

Thank you LondonLad.

I'll keep searching for that weird error...

New version of TA2DST is coming tomorrow:

front6.jpg

Could you please add option to define custom IP for reporting? Or just add localhost to the predefined list. I usually use 127.0.0.1, because "blank" is still trying to comunicate with outside.

I also get plenty of errors in RPT log, when i try to run beta version of arma2oaserver.exe with ACE mod. Official 1.52 works fine.

Example:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_B_30mmA10_AP.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_CBU87.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_BLU97B.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_BLU97B_0.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_CBU97.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_BLU108B_BURST.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_BLU108B_PROJO.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_BLU107B.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_B_BallBearing.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_C4Explosion.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_ClaymoreExplosion.artilleryLock'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/ACE_B_Frag.artilleryLock'.

Thank You.

Could you please add option to define custom IP for reporting? Or just add localhost to the predefined list. I usually use 127.0.0.1, because "blank" is still trying to comunicate with outside.

I also get plenty of errors in RPT log, when i try to run beta version of arma2oaserver.exe with ACE mod. Official 1.52 works fine.

Example:

Thank You.

Will fix the local host thing, thank you! Didn't know that.

I'm on it now.

The RTP, I don't know. It has to do with the ACE mod or absence of files when running beta server.

The RTP, I don't know. It has to do with the ACE mod or absence of files when running beta server.

I know its weird, but when i run beta server manually (or via any other not as good looking launcher) i goes ok and i get no errors. True, I havent tried whether ACE actually works with those errors yet, but i would feel better without them anyway. :)

My suggestion: maybe it has something to do with paths in "-mod" parameter. I would try to include full path like e.g. "-mod=C:\Arma2\@ACE". I noticed other launchers usually do this and maybe it has good reason.

Keep doing great work.

I know its weird, but when i run beta server manually (or via any other not as good looking launcher) i goes ok and i get no errors. True, I havent tried whether ACE actually works with those errors yet, but i would feel better without them anyway. :)

My suggestion: maybe it has something to do with paths in "-mod" parameter. I would try to include full path like e.g. "-mod=C:\Arma2\@ACE". I noticed other launchers usually do this and maybe it has good reason.

Keep doing great work.

Thanks man. Could you help me out a bit?

Could you try and start it up again, this time adding

full path ( C:\Arma2\@ACE ) in the mod text box and see if you get the same errors.

Also could you try with the non beta, using the same settings that gives you the error with the beta?

It might be that the Beta Server Exe probably resides in a subfolder to ArmA2.

I'm minutes away from releasing the next version... Would like to get this one ironed out as well.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I'll just take care of the beta-thingy next release, I realized it's a bit bigger than I thought.

When running the server from the beta folder all config files will be created there and this messes some things up.

Well, i tried everything you wrote, but no luck. :(

Adding full path to mod folder has no effect at all. It seems not to be necessary.

Running non beta server returns no errors.

Running beta server still returns errors.

Here you can see how RPT logs look like:

http://www.xeon.cz/arma2/arma2oaserver_TA2DST.RPT

http://www.xeon.cz/arma2/arma2oaserver_alpine.RPT

First is generated when i launch server through your tool.

Second when i use Alpinestar Launcher.

Both contain one non-beta run and one beta run.

I hope it will help a bit.

Well, i tried everything you wrote, but no luck. :(

Adding full path to mod folder has no effect at all. It seems not to be necessary.

Running non beta server returns no errors.

Running beta server still returns errors.

Here you can see how RPT logs look like:

http://www.xeon.cz/arma2/arma2oaserver_TA2DST.RPT

http://www.xeon.cz/arma2/arma2oaserver_alpine.RPT

First is generated when i launch server through your tool.

Second when i use Alpinestar Launcher.

Both contain one non-beta run and one beta run.

I hope it will help a bit.

Thanks a lot for going through the trouble for me!

I think I have pinned the problem, as stated in my former post. Thanks to you.

I have to code extra support for using beta server.

But could you try one more last thing?

Add this to mod line when using betaserver:

Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@ACE

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Never mind.. I'll look at it soon myself. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

New version out. Check first post.

Ye, I forgot to mention I've already tried this either. But with this mod settings server even crashes with an error (something.hpp cannot be found).

Its kinda mystery to me. :)

Yeah, it's a path problem when running beta through the Tool.

I usually put my beta-exe's in the root folder (rename the old ones).

And the run the beta stuff as a mod. That might work as a workaround.

Will fix this for the next release though!

I have a simple methot to run beta server with Tophe's server tool.

1. Find your beta folder you will see Arma2OA.exe and Arma2OAserver.exe and Expansion/Dta folder. Then make a bakeup file to other folder(you can create a new one) copy inside the beta folders Arma2OA.exe and Arma2OAserver.exe and Dta folder to other folder you created.

2. Then copy Arma2OA.exe and Arma2OAserver.exe and paste to your Arma2 main floder it will be covered main folders Arma2OA.exe and Arma2OAserver.exe.

3. Copy file from beta Expansion\Dta you will see bin.pbo and bin.pbo.bisign to Arma2OA main Expansion\Dta floder.

4. Run with Tophe's server tool in server file line press Browse choose Arma2OAserver.exe from Arma2 main folder. In mod command line put Expansion;CA then you server good to go.

Sorry for my bad english, hope your guys know what I said.

PS: I using beta patch 72291 because beta 72418 always crashed the game and server.

Edited by MonsterXXX

Oh, I see...

OK, im already looking forward to next release.

Meanwhile here are some my future feature tips:

In main window beside custom mods row should be also custom parameters row for additional parameters tool doesnt offer.

IP adress for private server "127.0.0.1" in config file should be closed by quotation marks as well. It seems server ignores it otherwise.

Native support for at least -cpuCount, -maxMem and -noFilePatching parameters (maybe in Performance tab)

Add process priority option to define which priority process will start with.

Automatic check if the server is currently runing and if so, lock "LAUNCH" and "Save" button, otherwise server might be ran accidentaly multiple times or user may encouter some errors about config files in use.

Thanks mate. :thumb:

Oh, I see...

OK, im already looking forward to next release.

Meanwhile here are some my future feature tips:

In main window beside custom mods row should be also custom parameters row for additional parameters tool doesnt offer.

IP adress for private server "127.0.0.1" in config file should be closed by quotation marks as well. It seems server ignores it otherwise.

Native support for at least -cpuCount, -maxMem and -noFilePatching parameters (maybe in Performance tab)

Add process priority option to define which priority process will start with.

Automatic check if the server is currently runing and if so, lock "LAUNCH" and "Save" button, otherwise server might be ran accidentaly multiple times or user may encouter some errors about config files in use.

Thanks mate. :thumb:

Thanks alot mate, great pointers!

That was a noobish mistake with the IP. I'll fix that quickly.

Great ideas for process and stuff... It's coming up.

Also, I didn't even know that the server exe supported the use of -cpu and -mamMex. It says nothing about it on the wiki. Does it use -exThreads as well? Are there any documentation on that?

Also, I didn't even know that the server exe supported the use of -cpu and -mamMex. It says nothing about it on the wiki. Does it use -exThreads as well? Are there any documentation on that?

Well, i cannot say i am absolutly sure, but i suppose... Memory limitation is a key feature, especially when you provide more servers on one machine, and cpuCount should be easier way how to set CPU affinity. I really dont know how about exThreads.

I couldn't find any detailed documentation and on forums somone says yes others say no... In my opinion it can't hurt if someone tries.

Nevertheless, its totally up to you. Customable parameters would do the thing too. :)

I'm sure I read that in one of the threads the dedicated server will have 'exThreads=1' incorporated to it (I use it on my systems as the ones I'm using for dedicated server purposes are just Single CPU, no Cores 'P4' system - I had to use exThreads=1 to get it to host without hanging).

Don't take my word for it as I can't seem to find the post(s) on it.

cpucount -> it is to limit the number of cpus to be allowed rather than cpu affinity which also specifies which core to use.

exthreads -> =1 is used when the server is pentium or dualcore. Default is cpucount=4 and exthreads=7 which creates a problem with cpus with less then 4. This is fixed in the latest OA beta release.

PS..very nice tool Tophe. three suggestions from me ->

-option to start the server as service

-command line "launch server" like "c:\TA2DST\ta2dst.exe -myserver1.ta2dstprofile"

-little info screen where you can see all the arma/arma2/arma2oa servers(or services) running. Perhaps with port and profile info.

Edited by Cross

I think I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can tell me what may be wrong.

I have OA installed here:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

I didn't have an OA server so I downloaded and installed ARMA2_OA_Build_72418

This created new files in:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

I copied the file arma2oaserver.exe from ~\Expansions\beta to:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

After installing .Net and TA2DST v0.9 beta 2, I configured by giving the server a name, an admin password, and selecting a server file:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe

I downloaded the Domination 2 maps from here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10993

I selected one of the maps for my rotation and marked it

Leaving all other settings default I launched the server.

I get an error message which says:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

If I click OK on the error dialog box, I see the server start up:

Dedicated host created

Host identity created

However, if I connect with a client it tells me 'waiting on host' forever.

I also notice many errors in the server .rpt file such as:

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Cannot register unknown string STR_DISP_LEFT

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.CameraShake'.

Warning Message: []: '/' not an array

Cannot evaluate '' - no file

Are the mission files I downloaded not appropriate for a OA dedicated server, or have I done something else wrong in configuring TA2DST ?

As stated in the readme the current version doesn't support beta servers.

It will mess up the paths. But since you have moved the file to the root, it might work

if you just add the beta mod folders: Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Next version is coming soon, with support for beta servers and better mod support.

Edited by Tophe

New version out - read first post.

It now supports beta servers. New mod system added etc.

I hope beta's will work fin now.

I have a question about file transfers.

When I set up a server in Operation Arrow Head the people that join the sever that "do not" have said mission will download it through the server fine. Although the same is not true in ARMA2 it says it's receiving the file but after ten minutes nothing has been transfered to them. But the small server box says "reading mission" Is there something I'm doing wrong? Settings? My settings are the same as OA except for the .exe path,the gamespy server thing(?) (also tried the private ip deal with same results) and of coarse the mission that I choose

OA side of it works great but the other part does not

I'm using the newest version 1.0 beta

Edited by Shipwreck Kelly

Don't know what it might be actually... I don't think it's settings or TA2DST.

There has always been a fair amount of voodoo involved in serving games in this series.

Maybe you could try serving ingame and see if the same problem occurs with the same mission.