Sign in to follow this  
mercyne

A-10 Loadout problem

THIS PROBLEM TURNED OUT TO BE A CLIENT PROBLEM NOT A SCRIPTING PROBLEM!

Hey guys,

I have been trying to change the load out of the A-10 i am changing it from the default load to a better CAS load containing:

default GAU-8

8 x Maverick

14 Hydra

Problem is i can't seem to be able to remove the turret magazines. I used this code

this ::removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]

But it gives me an error "missing ;" and puts the pointer where the :: is. For testing i also used these and none worked they al give me the same error :

this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]
this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
vehicle this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]
vehicle this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
vehicle this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]
vehicle this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]

Yet when i do this it just accepts it.

removeMagazinesTurret = "Some random string" 

So my geuss is that it doesnt reconize the command.

I tested this all on

Arma II (Did't work as it should)

Arma II OA

Arma II CO

My Operation Arrowhead is Version 1.52.71612

Also in another thread someone suggested this so look which ammo the turrets had gave "missing )" error at the ::

copyToClipboard format["%1 - %2",(this :: magazinesTurret[-1]), (this magazinesTurret[0])];

Edited by mercyne

Lots of syntax errors there. :( Use this:

this removeMagazinesTurret ["4Rnd_GBU12",[-1]]; 
this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]; 
{this addMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Maverick_A10",[-1]];} forEach [1,2,3];
this removeWeapon "BombLauncherA10"; 
this removeWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z";

This will remove the empty weapon options and all the Mavericks will properly be displayed in their weapon proxies. The [-1] in the removeMagazineTurret commands is the driver's turret.

Edited by kylania

Lots of syntax errors there. :( Use this:

this removeMagazinesTurret ["4Rnd_GBU12",[-1]]; 

This will remove the empty weapon options and all the Mavericks will properly be displayed in their weapon proxies. The [-1] in the removeMagazineTurret commands is the driver's turret.

Ok mate I dont you understand the commands doesnt work I tried the code you put there and I get the "Missing ;" error on the ::

this :: removeMagazinesTurret ["4Rnd_GBU12",[-1]]; 

But the code you have there is how i planned mine to be if the command worked propaly so maybe I am in the wrong forums here and should go to troubleshooting?

Edited by mercyne

Your commands weren't working because you had syntax wrong, like using "::" and "vehicle this" (well, that might have worked). Anyway, I updated my code in the post above with a properly working removeMagazineTurret example and proper proxy usage. Try that out. :)

Your commands weren't working because you had syntax wrong, like using "::" and "vehicle this" (well, that might have worked). Anyway, I updated my code in the post above with a properly working removeMagazineTurret example and proper proxy usage. Try that out. :)

the :: is not in the actuel code it is to mark where my pointer is added when i click after putting int the intilize field so basicly its the editor telling me that thats there the ; is missing when it should't

end this part was not one block of code it was enter sepertly

this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
vehicle this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]
vehicle this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]]
vehicle this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]]
vehicle this removeMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[0]] 

Edited by mercyne

Ahh, ok sorry didn't realize that. You're putting this code in the init field of the A-10 right? Using OA?

Ahh, ok sorry didn't realize that. You're putting this code in the init field of the A-10 right? Using OA?

Yes

And it sees it as a variabe i think

Does the code I posted here work for you when pasted into the init field?

Yes any code containing "removeMagazinesTurret" used as a command doesnt work if i use it in a diffrent like :

removeMagazinesTurret = "I code, There for i am"; hint removeMagazinesTurret

It works alright

:confused::confused: ... had you set that variable to something elsewhere in the mission?

Never use a variable name which is the same a command. :)

very nice Kylania, works like a champ!

:confused::confused: ... had you set that variable to something elsewhere in the mission?

Never use a variable name which is the same a command. :)

No no i have not just you as a test to see if it reconized it at all as a command which it doesnt as it allows me to assign it to something else.

The command/function "removeMagazinesTurret" doesnt seem to do anything nomather how i use it(functionwize)

Edited by mercyne

Are you 100% sure you're running OA?

Yes i am 100% i am running OA I meet all the requirments to use this command according to the wiki http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/weaponsTurret

Its in patch 1.52 in OA

Which (stated in my first post) is what i am running right now. I used it for all testing and all the code you send me. None of this worked all giving me the respone that i have entered a non existend command by ether saying "missing ;" or when used between () saying "missing )" and the putting my type cursor right before the command itself between this and removeMagazinesTurret

EDIT:

Well geuss your outta idea :S

Could some one test if this works with them and give me some feedback?

Edited by mercyne

Yes, that works for me. It removes the two Sidewinder's from an A-10 leaving you with an unloaded Sidewinder Launcher.

For some reason your OA isn't recognizing OA commands, so either you've started it or installed it incorrectly or installed some mod that's overriding the commands.

What happens when you click on the word removeMagazinesTurret in the init box and press F1?

Yes, that works for me. It removes the two Sidewinder's from an A-10 leaving you with an unloaded Sidewinder Launcher.

For some reason your OA isn't recognizing OA commands, so either you've started it or installed it incorrectly or installed some mod that's overriding the commands.

What happens when you click on the word removeMagazinesTurret in the init box and press F1?

Less then nothing >.<

What should happen?

You should get a green context help screen...

Hey thanks thats really usefull now i do not have to alt tab alt the time to the wiki :P

To bad it doesnt work with removeMagazinesTurret though :S

But i geuss i should contact BIS troubleshooting?

As this is no longer a editing problem but a game problem

Yeah.. I can't really imagine why that wouldn't be working for you. I even tested with the A2 version of the A-10 and it worked, so it's gotta be something strange that's causing it not break on your client. :(

Yeah.. I can't really imagine why that wouldn't be working for you. I even tested with the A2 version of the A-10 and it worked, so it's gotta be something strange that's causing it not break on your client. :(

yeah its pretty messed as this is part of my mission i really need it to work i already started post in troubleshooting linking back to this one. I really hope they know a fix :S

It is completely new to me that A-10 has a turret. Maybe just work with "removeWeapon" and "addWeapon", same for magazines. AFAIK no Singleseater air vehicle has a turret.

I think in this case "turret" is just "weapons controllable by X crew member".