Sign in to follow this  
Jan Cepera

Fatalness is Here !!

Finally I finished my biggest project "Fatalness"

Enjoy this atmosferic mission full of hidden surprises .

Author : Chicane aka. Jan ÄŒepera

Version: 1.0

Required Addons:

Uwar Graas ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/uwar_grass-1.2.zip

EditorUpdate 102 ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons/KegetysEditorAddon10.zip

GME_Smoke ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/GME_Smoking_Anims.zip

My own addons http://www.ulozto.cz/5716198/fat.addons.rar

Mikeros editor update 103 DOWNLOAD HERE NEW !!!

More details:

Name : Fatalness

Inro : Yes

Outro :Yes

Island : Kolguev

Side : Civilian

Mission Description:

Your village was attacked by a terrosrist force. You are the only man who managed to escape and you’re looking for some help. But luck is not on your side, and as you get near the only russian base on the island, you find out that something is wrong. Russians are dead and terrorists are planning something. You find out, that in several hours they’ll be ready to launch a nuclear missle. Can you try to break their plan and thus save the island from disaster?

Features:

nice atmosphere, music, fast and enjoyable gameplay

Known Bugs:

(Copy the text from picture and free download)

I had no problems running the mission on any machine that I or many of my fiernds an testers have tired. Very few ppl who downloaded it experienced unexplainable lags or other strange behaviour while playing it and I have no idea what might have been the cause of that. Download an try, it should work fine.

Download Mission

D_O_W_N_L_O_A_D______H_E_R_E ! ! !

More info and list of hidden bonus in mission you can found on website

http://cepera.own.cz/

If you finished the mission please share your opinion on the website.

Wish you luck ;)

10.8.2010 - mission.sqm fixed. Now you can play mission without any problems !

15.8 2010 Now you can view a list of hidden bonuses on my website under mission.

14.1.2011 Jezuro find out why not mission work. Download Mikers editor update 103 and evrything will fine

Edited by Jan Cepera

as there are no readme and no mention of them on your website, and because the mission does not load on default OFP as there are "missing addons", what is the list of all the required addons for this mission ?

Edited by Sanctuary

Yeah, the addOns package from the website doesn't seem to contain all the required addOns. I still get errors about editor update 102 (Not hard to find) and worldstudio (?). Anyway, the mission looks very interesting and I'm hoping to get to play it as soon as possible. Could you please link the rest of the required addOns here too?

addOns[]=

{

"bis_resistance",

"BMP2",

"editorupdate102",

"uwar_grass",

"prim",

"6G30",

"cigarety",

"BIS_WeaponPack",

"editorupdate175noe",

"worldstudio"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"BIS_WeaponPack",

"bis_resistance",

"BMP2",

"editorupdate102",

"prim",

"6G30",

"cigarety",

"editorupdate175noe",

"uwar_grass",

"worldstudio"

};

This is the addons in the .sqm .

Looks like an interesting mission but I too am wondering what that worldstudio is??

STGN

If I remember correctly "prim" is in CSLA Mod.

About world studio... WTF ? ;)

addOns[]=

{

"bis_resistance",

"BMP2",

"editorupdate102",

"uwar_grass",

"prim",

"6G30",

"cigarety",

"BIS_WeaponPack",

"editorupdate175noe",

"worldstudio"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"BIS_WeaponPack",

"bis_resistance",

"BMP2",

"editorupdate102",

"prim",

"6G30",

"cigarety",

"editorupdate175noe",

"uwar_grass",

"worldstudio"

};

This is the addons in the .sqm .

Looks like an interesting mission but I too am wondering what that worldstudio is??

STGN

Hi, worldstudio.pbo contains my logo addon, made by my friend :rolleyes: I am sorry for that, I did not post the readme for all addons, It is my first public mission and I don't have experiences with this.

About prim.pbo I have no idea what is it, I don't use CSLA...

EDIT: Added links for needed addons.

Edited by Jan Cepera

Added links for needed addons.

I downloaded everything and the intro plays fine, but when the mission itself starts, I still get an error about missing addOn: prim.

Rellikki "prim" is in CSLA mod. Install it and grab it ;)

ive already repaired the mission, no prim should be needed now(I tried remove addon prim so download the mission again rellikki :))

Edited by Jan Cepera

Or :

To all who download mission before Jan Cepera fix that:

-unpbo file

-find mission sqm file

-in mission remove all ""prim" words

-save changes

-pack pbo

-play ;)

And should works Fine :) Thanks Jan for mission :)

I finally got to play the mission.

I thought the mission was really well polished and high quality, but it felt like it ended too short and should have continued further. Nevertheless, what small amount there was, I enjoyed every bit of it.

Some things were still left unclear like who were the terrorists and why did they attack. The spetsnaz attack into the missile silo had me confused for a while too and I first thought they were enemies, until I realised they were there to help me.

The camps and bases were very detailed filled with many objects which gave it authentic feeling. The missile silo was also creatively done. The custom dialogs and well done cutscenes were also a big plus.

We need more missions like this. :)

I almost finish it :yay:

Chicane aka Jan Cepera You are as good in tactical stealth mission like as my guru - munch studio :) (Guys from Hawk in Shadown, Hawk in Nets). Are You planing a new mission in this style? :)

I almost finish it :yay:

Chicane aka Jan Cepera You are as good in tactical stealth mission like as my guru - munch studio :) (Guys from Hawk in Shadown, Hawk in Nets). Are You planing a new mission in this style? :)

I am glad to hear that you like my mission :) aaaand yes, I am going to create a new mission in this style... nowadays I am thinking about the story and characters. ;)

That's great :) !!

-----edit

But do it a bit longer ;)

Edited by Bielow

I can't get i too work, after playing the intro its goes black and its like the game crashes(suddenly show the windows mouse in a small part of the black screen) and that music just keep on playing, I have to restart the computer??

I have tried to re download all the files and I am playing non modded ofp.

STGN

I can't get i too work, after playing the intro its goes black and its like the game crashes(suddenly show the windows mouse in a small part of the black screen) and that music just keep on playing, I have to restart the computer??

I have tried to re download all the files and I am playing non modded ofp.

STGN

Hi STGN

I have no idea why this is happening to you. :(:(But yopu could try unpacking just the mission and play it directly withiut the intro.

I am so sorry that you has problems with it and i hope it solves somehow.;)

Cepera

Edited by Jan Cepera

I get the CTD with "sent to microsoft" error window the 5 first time i tried to launch that mission, only the 6th it worked despite i did nothing differently.

After that i tried a 7th time but again CTD.

OFP only with the required addons, no mods.

When the CTD occurs for me it is always just after the cutscene, when you have the date appearing, it then goes black screen instead of loading the briefing page and flashpointresistance.exe has caused an error.

congratulations on the success of your mission jan, hopefully you can work out the kinks, ill be keeping a close eye on you.

4 Sanctuary and STGN

I will try to repaire it in next version of this mission , but I really dont know, where is mistake.Other guys played mission without errors :(:(:(

Jan - Very Good mission :) When next ?

Hey guys, I think I've found how to play the mission without any crashes... just start the game with -nomap parameter and it should works. :)

For example:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nomap -mod=addonpack

Edited by Jan Cepera

Thanks for the suggestion but I already do that. :(

STGN

Sh*t:(:(

@ G44 : As soon as possible ;)

Edited by Jan Cepera

Hi all :)

One of the best mission makers Ježuro find out why not this mission work.:)

Problem was in editorupgrade where was bad configuration of building "Aicraft Hanger EAST"

this is fixed in this addon Mikerův editor update 103

so download it and try again :) ( SGTN and Sanctuary)

Played it, very nice mission!

Small bug if you get a second barrel you stick to it for ever, not knowing what I was about to embark on having a barrel sticking to you for cover would have been a good thing except for the slowness, but I just loaded.

STGN