Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Island size

Currently OFP supports only islands 13*13km max

Is there gonna be a support for bigger islands?

would be cool!!!

I wanna make the North Pole in 1:1

Imagine being lost without fuel...

Totally OT: Kegetys, why don't we make a snowscooter for your Winter Kolgujev? biggrin.gif

i have got a 3d model of a Jetski, Yacht

they look nice now only that codes for O2

even though you would probably need a 5 ghz cpu and around 2K worth of ram i wished they modelled the whole world like on flight sim 2002 lol.... i hate flight sim but my friend says you fly the world in real life time smile.gif

even better yet how about the moon with low grav biggrin.gif it would be cool if the programmers introduced a jump action... we could have pointless multiplaying seeing who could jump the highest.

im going a bit to far aren't ?  biggrin.gif

but at least this way we have proper fox holes aka crators

Or we can see who can jump high enough to overcome Moon gravity field and fly into the open space tounge.gif

I was thinking about making a small (like desert island) but very detailed island, with tons of foxholes and trenches and bumps and hills ... would be nice, eh?

I'm gonna make something with some nice cliffs and beaches biggrin.gif

wwk gimbal that is one thing that i was dissapointed about the game.... confused.gif there were no fox holes and the terrain was too smooth.... sad.gif If only they could design the game to create crators when ever a sabot, grade etc hit the ground.... that would be soo sweet.. smile.gif Like on red faction, you could blow holes in the walls and walk down them for ages lol biggrin.gif

I feel the real question here is if we can manipulate land vertices in x,z plane and not only in y direction. If this is possible, we could stretch a few vertices close enough together to make some detail, at the price of bigger poly´s somewhere close by smile.gif

Konyak

That would be pretty cool, a bunched up group of polys to make one crater/deformation and then 1-2 really huge flat polys to compensate.

Oh... you don't suppose there's an upper limit to the polygon numbers for islands do you? That'd suck. Imagine haing to make an entire island in 2000 polys...

You think it's that many??

Hmmm... now there's a project for when one is incredibly bored. Try to count the polys on the desert island...

Well when I said about 2000 polys I was joking, I thought it was definitely more than that, but I had a look at it today and not so sure anymore! tounge.gif

well something like everon your probably look at something more than that... i guess as long as you have the cpu power you wont need to worry about it... im mean for example they're bringing out a 256mb graphics card in august! for **** sake games aren't advanced enough and dont have the graphics to need this sort of power.... sure its good to see technology go quickly but we need a damn chance to keep up... this has nothing to do with cpu power but i expect that nearly eveyone is higher than a 1 ghz by now.

Someone should venture into making a total battle ground island that has fox holes crators and dead bodies all over it... smile.gif! i love the smell of war HAHAHA << evil laugh smile.gif

MAN!? whens it coming out?

Foxholes and craters etc would be sweet like in Band of Brothers shown in the UK about 4 months ago depicting several scenes in Bastogne (not sure of spelling) where US infantry hid in foxholes etc. That would be nice to have in game, although the game engine is not all that good with steep slopes and trying to walk/climb out of the foxhole may make the guy go prone and look as if he tripped up biggrin.gif

Anyway, I cant wait to see Visitor and make a miniature map of my region and map every town on it and blow up my friends' house tounge.gif

Cheers...

Hm...ill probably make just a large square island as a fortress and about 3 runways. biggrin.gif

and a tiny island next to it so that i can blow up some ruskies. biggrin.gif Or probably make that tiny island as a firing range with ruskies standing in the way. biggrin.gif

Time to bust some ruskie a** hmmm.gifhmmm.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Currently OFP supports only islands 13*13km max

Is there gonna be a support for bigger islands?

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, it appears not only 12.8*12.8 km worlds are supported...

Have made primary tests with following sizes:

25.6 km * 25.6 km {matrix 512*512, cell 50m}

51.2 km * 51.2 km {matrix 1024*1024, cell 50m}

Don't know the hard-coded limits, but think my CPU/RAM are too weak for them wink.gif

Appears only squares are allowed, got following error messages for different:

"Landscape dimensions 128x2048 not rectangular."

a-lone-wolf

Yes indeed, we could have expected that, because BiS stated in one of their interviews, that the new Resistance island is going to be a BIG one:) I think we'll include this "island size" option in next WRPEdit version....

TNX for pointing that out A-Lone! You're the best as always tounge.gif

FlipeR

Sweet!! So does it mean we gonna see real sized East Timor in IL?

Even following size appears Ok :

102.4 km * 102.4 km {matrix 2048*2048, cell 50m}     smile.gif

For '4096*4096' size got "Out of reserved memory" error on my PC...

But the Mission_Editor is a little bit overloaded with bigger maps, when filled with various elevations (no objects yet)...

Ingame it's Ok, because only visible scene is processed...

a-lone-wolf